Storey Time

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Betrayed for sweet, sweet loot, you find yourself in something of a pickle. But remember, the only way from here is up!
1. Intro

Zen

Waking up hurts.

This makes no sense, because you only set the maximum pain allowance to 5%, so your bodily aches seem oddly strong... but right now you're more concerned with dazedly trying to figure out what's going on.

That's right - the dirty tiles under your face and body are from the second floor of the Infinite Tower. You must have passed out after... after...

Those backstabbers!

Eyes snapping open to the torchlit corridor, you remember what happened since you activated your account and logged in as a

[ ] warrior.
[ ] mage.
[ ] healer.
[ ] rogue.
[ ] bard.
[ ] {something else}.

I am trying to remember why I followed this person but ok let's quest.

[x] bard.

because why not play as someone who is knowledgeable.

edit now I remember that you did that quest about being a villain.

Last edited:
Edit now I remember that you did that quest about being a villain.
I did consider rebooting that one, but I've got back into a litrpg kick, because I have no self-control. Hurray!

It's good to see you again, Zenny.
You too, it seemed like a pandemic was the best time to crawl out of the woodwork.

I'll probably call vote in about thirtyish minutes, if there's still a tie I'll probably roll for it.

2. Healer

- healer.

Your combat stats might be terrible, and your MP is still that of a low-level n00b, but you should have enough for a healing spell. You think.

Slowly pushing yourself to your feet, heart hammering, you check your gauges - HP is 38/60, but MP is 100/100. More than enough!

You autocast Minor Heal a couple of times - 10 HP each for 10 MP each time - watching in relief as your HP rises to 58/60.

Good. You're safe.

Except for being trapped in a PvP dungeon with your party having left you to die.

And the heavy sound of padding paws and deep growls approaching you from down the hall.

Oopsie.

[ ] FULL RETREAT THE OTHER WAY
[ ] You should have a single beginner's escape pass to exit the dungeon - use it!
[ ] Stand your ground. You can take it.
[ ] Something else?

[x] Stand your ground. You can take it.
It sounds like someone lost their dog and it needs someone to take care of tit. I am sure the GM would not send us against a horrible monster right off the bat for their own amusement.

3. Escape attempt
3. Flee via... wait what

Not good. Very not good! Your hands reach quickly to tap at your inventory and retrieve -

Wait.

Staring blankly at your inventory, reality strikes. The reason why your party kicked you (metaphorically) and stabbed you (literally). Those beautiful beginner goodies that you can't just buy - the one-time escape pass included. It gets you free from any dungeon, you remember the skill description saying... that alone is worth luring a n00b along to a nearby PvP area. How much could they sell it for?

You swallow hard, looking at all the empty boxes that used to be filled with loaves of bread and minor potions. A PvP area... but how did they steal it? A skill for stealing from people's inventories? Unless your items dropped because you died?

A quick skim through recent notices finds the (YOU HAVE DIED!) message, along with a cheery message saying you'd revive in ten minutes. Apprently that was enough time to loot your body and flee - likely outside the Tower, considering -

A louder growl cuts into your panicked thoughts, and you realise how much closer the monster must be.

In an instant, you're overwhelmed with

[ ] terror!
[ ] fury.
[ ] resignation.
[ ] Other?

AND
[ ] (Take action?)

[X] resignation.
The path of the apathetic healer calls to me.
[X] "I'm not even going to drop anything good!"

4. Life is pain.
4. Resignation

Shoulders slumping as the realisation of your brief (and crappy) mortality overwhelms you, you gaze listlessly ahead at the sight of a shaggy monstrosity rounding the corridor, its claws scratching the tile in an accompaniment to your pitiful whine of, "I'm not even going to drop anything good!"

LESSER DIRE-RAT, the name above it tells you, which is a lie. It seems highly, extremely dire to you.

It's also Lv 5 to your Lv 1. And it's just noticed you, but not in a nice, sempai way.

"SCREEEEEEEEE!" The name turns red as aggression flares, and the three-foot tall beast opens its jaw wide, hurtling towards you -

[ ] Jump over it and run! It can't turn fast in a narrow hallway like this!
[ ] Screech back, grab a torch from the wall and try to attack with it.
[ ] Grab the torch bracket and try to climb the wall like Spider-Healer. Probably while crying.
[ ] Other?

[X] Sidestep and throw a healing spell at it, then gesture for it to continue down the hallway. "Sorry to have gotten in your way, Mister Rat. You obviously have far more important things to be doing than wasting time with little old m-me."

Back