Stand Proud and Make Yourself a Legend [Evangelion/JJBA]

Oh? Bringing in Akira of all people? Well, Red Hot Chili Peppers' power level is determined by the amount of electricity it has access to...
Akira's actual role would be minor at best. He'll just be asked to not perform so RHCP wouldn't suck up too much electricity with his gimmicks.
Hmm... be careful about bringing in too many people, you don't want to fall victim to character bloat.
Just out of curiosity, what's a good number of people to include as part of a central cast? Also, I'm not above going the JoJo route of killing off characters unexpectedly.

Akira's actual role would be minor at best. He'll just be asked to not perform so RHCP wouldn't suck up too much electricity with his gimmicks.

Why? RHCP has all of its' stats except Precision ranked A (Precision is ranked C), and that was 16 years ago; Akira's sure to have made use of that A-ranked Developmental Potential to make RHCP stronger, possibly awakening new abilities. Not to mention, Tokyo-3's immense power grid would make RHCP far more powerful than it ever was in Part IV...

Last edited:
Why? RHCP has all of its' stats except Precision ranked A (Precision is ranked C), and that was 16 years ago; Akira's sure to have made use of that A-ranked Developmental Potential to make RHCP stronger, possibly awakening new abilities. Not to mention, Tokyo-3's immense power grid would make RHCP far more powerful than it ever was in Part IV...
Hmm, I haven't thought about it from that angle. My original logic was that having RHCP active during Operation Yashima would be a liability because Akira would be drawing power away from the positron rifle. Including RHCP as part of the plans would definitely make the Ramiel fight a lot more interesting. I should have some ideas by the time I get back.

Just out of curiosity, what's a good number of people to include as part of a central cast? Also, I'm not above going the JoJo route of killing off characters unexpectedly.
I don't really know, I'd say it depends mainly on your writing ability, your ability to juggle the cast around, and how many characters you want to deal with.

And for the love of Christ, Buddha, God, Zeus, Brahma, and whatever other deity(ies) you want to worship, don't kill people off just for the sake of killing people off, nothing ruins a story faster than artificially forced character death just for the sake of being edgy and dark. It just ends up grimderp, stupid grimderp at that.

Last edited:
And for the love of Christ, Buddha, God, Zeus, Brahma, and whatever other deity(ies) you want to worship, don't kill people off just for the sake of killing people off, nothing ruins a story faster than artificially forced character death just for the sake of being edgy and dark. It just ends up grimderp, stupid grimderp at that.
So basically, kill off characters only if the death would advance the story and jumpstart character development, right? I'll definitely try to tread carefully in that regards.

I may be getting ahead of myself here, but if Third Impact looks to be immanent - or one of the Angels brings Kars back from his exile in space - are one of the main cast, such as Shinji, going to wind up with a Requiem Stand?

I may be getting ahead of myself here, but if Third Impact looks to be immanent - or one of the Angels brings Kars back from his exile in space - are one of the main cast, such as Shinji, going to wind up with a Requiem Stand?
If push comes to shove, yes. Jotaro will also get Josuke, Giorno, AND Jolyne involved. Oh, and those two discs Jolyne gave to Jotaro? They are Hermit Purple and Set.

So basically, kill off characters only if the death would advance the story and jumpstart character development, right? I'll definitely try to tread carefully in that regards.
Sorta, its more complex than that but I'm tired so I'll wait till tomorrow, and I should probably clarify my last statement: the only thing that ruins a story faster than forced darkness is bashing, character, series, etc. Not a problem for you but wanted to be clear.:p And pedantic.

the only thing that ruins a story faster than forced darkness is bashing, character, series, etc. Not a problem for you but wanted to be clear.:p And pedantic.
Don't worry, the last thing I'd do is bash a character :D. I might give them a hard time, but they'll ultimately become stronger rather than crumble completely. *COUGH*Asuka*COUGH*

Damn it, they took down ALL of the "X belts out a facemelter" videos and even the original song. I really wanted to use that song for the Ramiel fight.
EDIT: Yes, I figured out a way to include Akira Otoishi in Operation Yashima.

Last edited:
Before I go offline for a long time on Sunday, I figure I'd put up a poll. I know some fans like Jotaro saying "yare yare" untranslated while others prefer everything to be in English. Now you guys can vote on whether I keep "yare yare" or replace them with translations. I'll check the results when I come back in August.

This is my last major post before I ship out on Sunday morning. I managed to write the following scene (which would be the opening to the next chapter) as well as some snippets leading to Akira's induction into Operation Yashima. Thanks for reading so far, and I'll see you all again in August.

Greenwood Cemetery, New York City

"Hey, papa is coming to visit again." An old man said as he slowly bent his right knee. The butler beside him gently held onto the old man's left arm and slowly eased him down until the rose bouquet in the old man's hands touched the ground in front of the headstone. The butler then helped the old man get back onto his feet and handed him his cane.

The old man graciously took the cane with his right hand and then turned his attention back to the grave in front of him. He bowed his head and closed his eyes, the youthful fires in them having been extinguished long ago. A minute or so passed in silence, with the only interruption being a chirping bird that brought a little life to the overcast day.

"Remember your newest sister? The little girl I adopted?" The old man said in a slow, trembling voice, the cane visibly shaking along with his hands. "She went off to war a couple of weeks ago. Not the kind of war your granddaughter is fighting, but something even worse. I'm so scared of losing her, just like how I lost you."

The old man's vision started to blur because of the tears that gathered in his eyes as he thought back to happier times.

"I shouldn't have let you come along no matter how hard you begged." The old man said, his voice becoming weaker. "If only you stayed back to take care of Holly, you'll still be with us today. I-I…"

The old man tried to speak, but only choked sobs came out. Every breath he took to try to calm himself down was immediately expelled as a sob while tears streamed down his cheeks. The cane clattered to the ground while the old man dropped to his knees, his hands holding onto the headstone.

Tears began to form in the butler's own eyes as he got down to one knee and rubbed his employer's back, which heaved like a stormy sea because of the old man's sobbing. There was nothing more the butler could have done except attempting to comfort his employer and gaze upon the headstone that read "NICHOLAS GEORGE JOESTAR, 1940-1989".

Last edited:
So in this fic, Holly had another brother besides Josuke, a full brother instead of half... who joined the Stardust Crusade, and didn't survive... Was he killed by DIO, or did he not make it that far?

He bowed his head and closed his eyes, the youthful fires in them having been extinguished long ago.

If only he had kept up his Hamon training...

So in this fic, Holly had another brother besides Josuke, a full brother instead of half... who joined the Stardust Crusade, and didn't survive... Was he killed by DIO, or did he not make it that far?
He was severely wounded by DIO, and Joseph had the "privilege" of holding him as he died. Jotaro was there as well, but he wasn't able to do anything except watch. And yes, that means there was a 7th Stand user in this timeline's version of Stardust Crusaders.

He was severely wounded by DIO, and Joseph had the "privilege" of holding him as he died. Jotaro was there as well, but he wasn't able to do anything except watch.

Damn... again, Joseph REALLY should have kept up his Hamon training... He may have been able to save him, or kept him alive till the SPW doctors could save him...

Damn... again, Joseph REALLY should have kept up his Hamon training... He may have been able to save him, or kept him alive till the SPW doctors could save him...
Definitely, especially considering this week's episode . It was heartbreaking in a meta sense, just seeing the guy who defeated the ultimate lifeform being reduced to a senile old man. Still, Nicholas managed to have sons of his own, meaning that it's not just the bloodline that survived, but also the actual Joestar name.
How severely wounded are we talking? Multiple stab wounds? Fist sized/shaped hole in the torso? Other?
A hole in the torso, and DIO removed one of his arms just to rub it in.

I wonder if Johnny exists since Valentine is around. Would certainly be funny if he and Gyro are around and they somehow throw a massive monkey wrench against SEELE, Gendo, or both.

I wonder if Johnny exists since Valentine is around. Would certainly be funny if he and Gyro are around and they somehow throw a massive monkey wrench against SEELE, Gendo, or both.
There are more Joestars in this timeline, but not necessarily Johnny himself. Gyro never had a reason to go to North America in this fic, so he wouldn't have met any of them there.

A hole in the torso, and DIO removed one of his arms just to rub it in.

Literally, knowing DIO. Thankfully, not only is he long since dust, but his Path To Heaven was destroyed as well.

Gyro never had a reason to go to North America in this fic, so he wouldn't have met any of them there.

So does Gyro utilize Hamon like William and Caesar, or has he somehow discovered Spin?

This is my last major post before I ship out on Sunday morning. I managed to write the following scene (which would be the opening to the next chapter) as well as some snippets leading to Akira's induction into Operation Yashima. Thanks for reading so far, and I'll see you all again in August.

Greenwood Cemetery, New York City

"Hey, papa is coming to visit again." An old man said as he slowly bent his right knee. The butler beside him gently held onto the old man's left arm and slowly eased him down until the rose bouquet in the old man's hands touched the ground in front of the headstone. The butler then helped the old man get back onto his feet and handed him his cane.

The old man graciously took the cane with his right hand and then turned his attention back to the grave in front of him. He bowed his head and closed his eyes, the youthful fires in them having been extinguished long ago. A minute or so passed in silence, with the only interruption being a chirping bird that brought a little life to the overcast day.

"Remember your newest sister? The little girl I adopted?" The old man said in a slow, trembling voice, the cane visibly shaking along with his hands. "She went off to war a couple of weeks ago. Not the kind of war your granddaughter is fighting, but something even worse. I'm so scared of losing her, just like how I lost you."

The old man's vision started to blur because of the tears that gathered in his eyes as he thought back to happier times.

"I shouldn't have let you come along no matter how hard you begged." The old man said, his voice becoming weaker. "If only you stayed back to take care of Holly, you'll still be with us today. I-I…"

The old man tried to speak, but only choked sobs came out. Every breath he took to try to calm himself down was immediately expelled as a sob while tears streamed down his cheeks. The cane clattered to the ground while the old man dropped to his knees, his hands holding onto the headstone.

Tears began to form in the butler's own eyes as he got down to one knee and rubbed his employer's back, which heaved like a stormy sea because of the old man's sobbing. There was nothing more the butler could have done except attempting to comfort his employer and gaze upon the headstone that read "NICHOLAS GEORGE JOESTAR, 1940-1989".
Hmm... gotta wonder if there is/is going to be an actual point to this or if you just threw it in for kicks.

Literally, knowing DIO. Thankfully, not only is he long since dust, but his Path To Heaven was destroyed as well.
Great, now I can imagine DIO shoving Nicholas' severed arm into his wound as if he's putting out a cigarette.
So does Gyro utilize Hamon like William and Caesar, or has he somehow discovered Spin?
Gyro is a Hamon user. He's actually the guy that taught Asuka.
Hmm... gotta wonder if there is/is going to be an actual point to this or if you just threw it in for kicks.
A couple of things are foreshadowed here, as well as a peek at how Stardust Crusaders went differently in this fic's timeline.

Back