Squirrel Sect [Stone age] [Riot Quest] [Squirrels Cultivating]

[X]Tend to the wounded: lowers the number of squirrels that die and may convert some deaths to injuries.

He didn't want to divert from his rocks, but rocks could rock later if rocks were rocking to be rocked.

For now, he had experience with seeing squirrels die, and he needed to ensure less squirrels died so they could rock the rock another day.

With a heavy heart he threw his rock at the nearest target, and ran to pull a squirrel into cover, looking up carefully, for he knows the owls can hit here.
@Lalm Take it.
Sendicard threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Dropping rocks to rock later Total: 4
4 4

Last edited:
The tall Red Squirrel knew he had dodged death by a hairsbreadth. But he chose to defy fate once more - even knowing his odds were grim. While others might scout and dodge, cower in safety, or deliver supplies - he chose to seek to put an end to this menace. Or, at the least, make them bleed before he died.

[X] Join the Owl Attacking group: Kills an owl (Hopefully)

Result: 17 (used my own reroll)
Robinton threw 3 10-faced dice. Total: 18
10 10 7 7 1 1

Squirrel has been deep into thier thoughts recently. They had been thinking about the wind. How dispite how powerfull it is, you can never see it, just se it's effects.

Yet when they reached the fire, they were mezmarized by it. They spent hours gazing at it, trying to take it all in. Then when they came back to themselves, they felt a fire burning deep inside of them.

They also felt pain. Lots and lots on pain.

Doing what they could to help those carrying the fire, they sank deep into thier thoughts.

They had wanted to be like the wind. Swift, silent, deadly, unseen. Yet they could not stop themselves from breathing in the fire. From making it part of themselves. Yet they had wanted to be like the wind.

Was this a mistake? Should they try to correct it? Was this the path they were always meant to be on? Over and over again thier thoughts kept going around and around. Whirling around each other, never stoping.

This cycle carrried on throughout thier journey home. That is 'till they got close to home. That's when quirrel heres it. The skeeks, chufs and barks.

Home was under attack!

This made Squirrel very annoyed. Oh how much they wanted to sink thier teeth into the attckers throat, rip it out, crawl into thier body, and ware it as a suit.

But they were injured. Doing so would likely get themselves and other good squirrels killed. Perhaps they should go and tend to the wounded, like they are.

Oh did those thoughts annoy them even more. As they stood there, quivering in annoyence, they unknowingly, instinctivly, reached out to the other shines the expedition had brought back.

As the pain soothed, then went away. The burning deep inside them intencified. Erupting into a blazing inferno around themselves. With two words summoned from inside and leaving them, Squirrel went hunting Owl.

"Flame on!"

Last edited:
there's still 5 qi left, provided no one has drained without a vote or a vote slipped through the cracks

Alright then, going to see if I can squeeze out a better roll yet.

It was time. The moment the Squirrel had trained for had arrived. Would his focus and efforts finally pay off? Would his greater awareness of the surrounding world allow the squirrels to survive the night?

Would tonight be the first page in a new chapter for the Squirrels, or would it be the last page in the squirrels short, dark history?

[X] From within the branches and behind the leaves, use Dao of Awareness to track the Owl's movements and signal their attacks to the other squirrels.

EDIT: Will likely do at least one Qi reroll (unless someone feels like gifting me a standard reroll), but going to wait until I learn about how the Qi bank works before proceeding.

EDIT 2: Using basic Qi reroll...
EDIT 2 Post Roll: ...which turned out even worse. >__<

[X] Take Qi from the Fulgurite (Does not cost an action)

[X] Reroll Dao of Awareness Tracking

EDIT: Last Attempt.

[X] Take Qi from the Fulgurite (Does not cost an action) - Attempt 2

[X] Reroll Dao of Awareness Tracking - Attempt 2

EDIT: Sorry...
Space Jawa threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Dao Qi Reroll (+1) Total: 4
4 4
Space Jawa threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Dao Qi Reroll 2 (+1) Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Squirrels lived. Squirrels died. That much was a fact of life.
Silent-deaths-from-above were horrifying and ate squirrels, that too was a fact of life.

So, seeing the screechy bastards get their feathers singed and their merciless dives repelled, stirred something in at least one squirrel's tiny, as-of-yet unawakened mind.
Maybe, just maybe, it was time to bite the Life in the nuts and force it to take its stinking facts and piss off.
Some other squirrel, though. This one was more concerned with making sure as many of their fellows lived through the night.

[X] Tend to the wounded: lowers the number of squirrels that die and may convert some deaths to injuries.

BTW, my reroll is up for grabs for any squirrel that needs it.
Hash it among yourselves who gets it, I am to lazy to trawl for likely candidates.

claimed by @Lalm
yannoshka threw 1 10-faced dice. Total: 8
8 8

Last edited:
[X] Join the Owl Attacking group: Kills an owl (Hopefully)

Ok let's try and improve this roll.

He gazed fearfully into the dark, jumping at every broken twig and too loud breath as he waited for the inevitable appearance of gray feathers and razor sharp talons that would herald his messy demise.

He liked to think that he would survive the night, he hoped he would at least, but for all that he clung to his spear and whispered assurances to himself he held little hope for his future.

He was after all acting as bait, hopping from branch to branch as his fellows snuck behind him, waiting to pounce on whichever owl tried to- he stilled as he was cloaked in shadow, turning to face his foe with a ragged war cry as he drew his back, aimed…

And threw it. After that there was no time for thought.

Is this enough for a reroll?
alexthealright threw 2 10-faced dice. Total: 5
1 1 4 4

Last edited:
As i didn't write an omake yet

Looking around the chaos unfolding, Ska volunteered for scouting duty.
Running up one of the trees, he started to call out when owls started to swoop and from which direction.

Having to dodge some owls himself, he used the tree as a cover to make it harder for the owls to get to him.
Keeping an eye and ear out for any squirrel that seemed lost in the chaos he did his best and hope that would be enough.

@Lalm you get the reroll your 5 is a bit low for my taste

Hello everyone, small update.

Zedalb is not going to run this quest anymore due to irl reasons. I asked him if I can took over and he agreed. Currently, I'm waiting for some materials from him, but in the meanwhile, I opened the new thread. You can find it by going to the header and you will find the Squirrel Quest 1.0.1

For those interested, the update for the new thread just dropped at this link:
forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Squirrel Sect 1.0.1 [Stone Age] [Riot Quest] [Squirrels Cultivating]

Scout the Owl: 112 vs ??? Squirrel Victory The squirrels advance, dispersing to avoid attracting the gaze of the owls flying around the trees. The take the highest tree, trying to discern the shapes under the moonlight, studying the movements and trying to figure out their plan. Surprisingly...

Back