are there gonna do the weird interdimensional vampires

they're gonna do the vampires aren't they

You know I wasn't super sold on this given that I know next to nothing about Ultimate Spider-Man or Miles, but when Spider-Gwen showed up I wanted to go get advanced tickets.

You know I wasn't super sold on this given that I know next to nothing about Ultimate Spider-Man or Miles, but when Spider-Gwen showed up I wanted to go get advanced tickets.
There's probably something to be said about that, but such is the nature of comics and how established characters as legacy characters are better advertised than newer ones :(

are there gonna do the weird interdimensional vampires

they're gonna do the vampires aren't they
Pls no, the Inheritors were what made Spider-verse (the comic) so terrible. Completely overpowered and no-selling everything right up until they arbitrarily weren't. Basically devoid of all character beyond "WE MUST EAT THE SPIDER-PEOPLE" aside from the one that was followed around by blinking "WILL BECOME A GOOD GUY" signs, and basically killing off a ton of cool alternate spider-people offscreen. They fucking sucked so hard.

I'm actually really excited for this one. Excited for Peter, excited for Miles getting taught the ropes, and kinda excited for Gwen, but honestly I don't actually know that much about her except that nerds love her because she's basically their wet dream.

Never done my time with Ultimate Spiderman (yet), always was kind of tepid about Miles Morales from what I heard about him. This looks fun though. And as a work of animated filmmaking, it looks amazing. Like, holy shit, this film is going to be an animation gamechanger. My ass is SOLD.

There's probably something to be said about that, but such is the nature of comics and how established characters as legacy characters are better advertised than newer ones :(
Well I didn't really follow Marvel when Ultimate comics were coming out and by the time I did the brand was such poison I didn't really have an interest in them.

I'm actually really excited for this one. Excited for Peter, excited for Miles getting taught the ropes, and kinda excited for Gwen, but honestly I don't actually know that much about her except that nerds love her because she's basically their wet dream.
Well that, and her comic is very well written. It's an example of how to really mix up formula when creating spin-off universes and much like the Stephanie Brown Batgirl comics managed to walk the fine line of "culturally relevant" without devolving into a dated memesplosion.

Well I didn't really follow Marvel when Ultimate comics were coming out and by the time I did the brand was such poison I didn't really have an interest in them.

Well that, and her comic is very well written. It's an example of how to really mix up formula when creating spin-off universes and much like the Stephanie Brown Batgirl comics managed to walk the fine line of "culturally relevant" without devolving into a dated memesplosion.
Eh, her comic was good right up until the point she lost her powers during the crossover she was part of and never got them back, instead relying on a stupid temporary injection thing or on her universe's version of the symbiote. It was actually really frustrating to watch them stretch that on forever with the seeming intent of never actually making her full on Spider-Gwen again.

Eh, her comic was good right up until the point she lost her powers during the crossover she was part of and never got them back, instead relying on a stupid temporary injection thing or on her universe's version of the symbiote. It was actually really frustrating to watch them stretch that on forever with the seeming intent of never actually making her full on Spider-Gwen again.
Yeah that went on a bit too long, but I appreciate that they were trying new things.

1. I get a real Crosses The Line Twice element (likely intentional) out of Miles (a young black teenager) riding in the back seat of his dad's police car and his friends mistaking it for him being arrested.

2. Miles' dad is just gonna steal the show, I just know it.

I like this version of Miles's dad much more than the "abandons his teenage son once he discovers he is spider-man" asshole (yeah I know he gets better from that but he is still the goddamn worst and his weird undercover SHIELD dropout backstory is awful).

All I ask from this is no inheritors, and no "Miles gets his ass kicked until he remembers his Venom blast power which immediately one shots his opponent" fights, or in other words, LITERALLY EVERY FIGHT MILES EVER GETS INTO.

I don't hate Miles as a character, but god-damn is he subject to some bad writing at times.

>something Sony Pictures-related looks cool and unique and good

Guys the simulation is glitching again

Wonder if this Gwen is from an alternate verse, or in this version of Spiderverse has Peter, Miles, and Gwen all as spider-people in the same universe at the start.

Spidergwen might have a tricky story. Did she die? That's a big part of any Gwen Stacy story pre-2015, when a variant cover art and then a short comic grew popular enough to spawn Spidergwen, Gwenpool, though no Agwengers.

If she did die, is this Gwen from a different universe? The same Gwen back from the dead (like comic characters often do)? A clone? Some other form?

Well this looks kinda sorta neat. Maybe by some stroke of luck they'll give Miles a more distinct personality so the comics and shit can make him into something other then Peter Parker-lite.

The animation on this is frankly bizarre. It looks like someone took a mixture of CGI and claymation, then cel shaded it.

Part of the issue there was them deciding to run that storyline concurrent with three separate events, which led to everything getting dragged out forever.

The Spiderman that saved Miles and the Spiderman that teaches Miles are different right? They sound different.

The Spiderman that saved Miles and the Spiderman that teaches Miles are different right? They sound different.

The impression I got was that, unlike the comics, Miles is actually going to see his Peter die here, which I think simplifies things and makes his guilt complex more understandable.

Pleasantly surprised to actually really like the trailer. I dig the art style too. This had barely been on my radar before but I look forward to seeing it now.

Back