Spark of Hope Quest (RWBY/MINECRAFT)

And THAT is why the Omake I just wrote has him building a Dust farm. Remember that Minecraft physics mean you can farm forever? We just busted down the entire economy of the setting, especially as we can mass produce it.
Now, imagine what's going to happen when the guy who has a monopoly on your everything (We can certainly do that with enough work) asks you to go and help him smash some monsters so he can get you even MORE cool stuff. Hell, there's a mod for AE that lets you automate Thaumcraft! Imagine Ruby packing a nuke-proof forcefield with a scythe that cuts steel like paper!

Nether plan for me involves Ars Magica, and it's Mark and Recall spells. You mark a location, and when you cast recall, you pop to that location. It's also very cheap and casts instantly.
Magical Crops has a low starting output due to how much Essence you need for things, but once it gets going, it gets GOING. Especially if we automate it with EU.
Brewcraft can use Blaze Powder to make the potion effects of the booze last longer. Not necessary, though.
Which ones of those last 3 mods would get us the Soul Sand and Blaze Powder? With that, we can grow Nether Essence crops, which lets us craft damn near everything in the Nether.
MFRS and Thermal Expansion.

Harvester outputs sludge which for a big enough farm will make something like a stack a day for all the nether stuff. And as implied so long as you have power you can do this from Day 1 (figuratively speaking, it's can be one of your first machines for the initial Charcoal Power Generation if you so desire)

De stabalised redstone + Glow stone in the Fluid Transposer get's you Blaze powder. In itself we can convert any amount of Redstone to Glowstone with the Alchemy Catalyst in Botania.

That said the Mark and Recall spells. Don't we lose them when we die. As in wouldn't we need a shit load of them to slowly inched our way into towards any place in the nether as Monsters start killing us by the droves.

PS: Do we even respawn and if so what are the respwane rules

PPS: Also you didn't actually say what's the thoroughput of Magical Crops (maximum practical possible output)
Now, imagine what's going to happen when the guy who has a monopoly on your everything (We can certainly do that with enough work) asks you to go and help him smash some monsters so he can get you even MORE cool stuff. Hell, there's a mod for AE that lets you automate Thaumcraft! Imagine Ruby packing a nuke-proof forcefield with a scythe that cuts steel like paper
Also not how monopoly work. Well not unless you want us to go destroy their infrastructure which begs teh question of how you're going to do that on a group strong enough to protect you in the nether.

However that's not the point.

If you say it's hell, and you oponed a portal there, it's not unlikely that Ozpin just kills you and shut the portal down. As is the risk is too great to tempt it under all but the most controlled exceptions (as far as teh people of Remnant are concerned*).

*Largely because so far as anyone knows, the Grimm are functionally infinite in numbers. That you can kill them for XYZ amount of time doesn't stop the problem that those guys are human and will eventually fatigued. And that's with something like the Ursa Major and Death Stalker let alone however strong the ones in Hell are. Therefore it's in their best (literally)interest to keep the gate to hell shut at all times.

crayfish furiture mod gives us access to minebay which lets us buy nether resources without having to build a portal and go to the nether.

crayfish furiture mod gives us access to minebay which lets us buy nether resources without having to build a portal and go to the nether.
true enough. I don't think it will be allowed (or at least it will be nerfeed a bit) but in all honesty with the right set of mods we don't even need to go to the nether to get what we want.

If we are talking about mods that we would like to see. I think that the Fossils and Archaeology mod would be great.

It would be hilarious to see peoples reactions to us creating life from some dusty old fossils. and then riding a T-Rex into battle.

And while it is not the strongest mod, it would still be interesting to send an army of cloned dinosaurs against the Grimm.

So I did the calcs and found out something interesting. Space for Space Magic Crops is inferior to an EE3 setup of equivalent size for everything but Gold and a few of the soul crops recipe, experience point recipe and music Disc recipes.

The reason for this is that it takes somewhere between 10-20 seconds for a magic crop to fully grow with Blood magic, Botania and the Watering Can. Using hte Harvester from MFR (the fastest one possible) it will take a cube of about ~6*2*6 (including dirt since without the dirt you can't actually plant the crop) to actually gain the highest possible efficiency and it will generate about 10 essence (rounded up for calculation) per two second.

Using this as a base we can calculate that there's some 72 blocks of space and the most compact Cobblestone generator takes 5 blocks and generates about 600 cobble per second. So 72/5 = 13 (rounded down to include for the lava and water) we have some 8000 Cobble per second or 16000 EMC per two second.

Now the highest EMC created by the Magic Crops is about 10000 EMC of gold and 8000 EMC of Diamond per two seconds (diamond). We generate about 50% and 100% more than those two Crops of EMC with EE3 setup and since the throughput of EE3 is your entire inventory per 3 seconds we could literally store days worth of Cobblestone and turn all of it at once into the required materials faster than the equivalent time in waiting for Magic Crops to generate.

Now that doesn't actually mean that using magic Crop for Gold or Diamond isn't worth it. To be frank that's a huge amount of EMC that the two will generate and it does that both passively and constantly while EE3 doesn't. In fact if it wasn't for Extra Utilities both being the main Cobble generator and giving Octuple Compressed Cobble the throughput will be so small as to be useless.

But as is actively we can out perform any Magic Crop resource farm of equivalent size (bar again the noted exception).

PS: Note that I don't have the time to check for a couple of things that speed up and slow down the set up so there's some variance to it since there's a few roundings for every part of the calculation

PPS: Note that I'm not including storage, pipes, power lines, power generation,machines, auto crafter,and etc since that's not what we're looking for here and it's about equal in the end

*pout* this will definitely sounds like whining but how comes everyone else's omake got mods but mine got resources? Totally jelly.

galgador is only for drills. carts for farming are much more reasonable.
Really? I remember some engines and wheels needing it. Been a while, though. Still, given that inter-mod stuff works here, Steve's carts might be better then Extra Utilities for harvesting. Extra still has loads of nice kit, like the Luggage and Hand Gliders, along with cool power gens for AE.

Really? I remember some engines and wheels needing it. Been a while, though. Still, given that inter-mod stuff works here, Steve's carts might be better then Extra Utilities for harvesting. Extra still has loads of nice kit, like the Luggage and Hand Gliders, along with cool power gens for AE.
i did a wiki search about it and it seems to not need it all that much. even then we don't need top of the line stuff, we can easily settle for good enough.

so on a competently unrelated but still completely valid subject,when are we building our wizard tower?

so on a competently unrelated but still completely valid subject,when are we building our wizard tower?
When we have a decent amount of materials to work with, along with some Golems to deal with any Eldritch thingys that pop up, and Thaumic Energestics so we can put all our taint in a little box and make it go away.

Back