Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

A new TL!
It Begins

Wackyduck

Banned Forever
Banned
Basically, the premise of this is that y'all suggest 1 to 5 events, and I will integrate them into a coherent timeline, with OTL as a baseline.

You can submit 3 types of events:

1. Something Old - the events of a entire or part of a work of fiction.

2. Something New - A completely original event. These can be as crazy and frivolous as you want them to be.

3. Something Changed - like Something Old, but you change the events of how the work of fiction goes before and/or after you place it down. These changes can be as minor or as frivolous as you want.

You can make these events happen in any year you want, and you can mix and match between the three types!

Make sure to add the classifications of SO, SN, and/or SC depending on the event in parentheses after the number.

Example:
1. (SO) Groundhog Day
2. (SN) During the Civil War, copies of Shrek 2 rain from the sky
3. (SC) Friends, but in 2004, Ross, the largest of the friends, eats the others.

(SN) A man's nightmares crawl out of his skull and start wreaking havoc in new york city, skeletons piloted by many little spiders, mummies wrapped in bandages of flayed and leathered skin, beasts with too many eyes and teeth, the darkness in the back alleys has been infected by his fear, the city now spawns Geoff's nightmares occasionally

TURN 2
2008 - Geoff Alton, an accountant at an McDonald's in New York City, has his head split open one night so his nightmares can seep out. They mostly inhabit the dark alleys of the city, and plague residents once a week. The city enacts a special force of Nightmare Hunters to protect the city, controlled by Mayor Bloomberg. Tony Stark considers a hunting job.

TIMELINE NOTES: Nightmares rule the land of New York City

Last edited:
(SN) 2008 The King Of Fools, the most powerful of the gods, wanders through the fields of Ohio for 24 hours, singing rhymes that cause madness and esoteric revelations

Last of my ideas for 2008, I also recommend writing down a bit more reactive actions from the world around the events, I liked the nightmare hunter thing, so I wanna know what else may be going on cause of what we put down, like if there are now wizard-cults in Ohio worshipping the King Of Fools or how Tony Stark responded to both these events
I'm okay with waiting if figuring out and writing such things takes longer, I can be patient, also

(SN) 2008, The Sword Of Lost Songs enters the possession of the united states government after agents apprehended it from some street thug that was misusing it, it is a blade made of solidified mantras from lost civilizations, place your ear against it and you'll hear them, the sound from these mantras reverberate through whatever is cut by the sword and cause its atoms to move, the matter comprising their body ripping itself apart to perform a ritualistic dance for the blade

TURN 4
2008 - The Sword of Lost Songs, a sword made of mantras from lost civilizations that make the atoms move to them, enters the hands of the U.S. government. After some testing, it is placed in the Smithsonian. Tony Stark funds the testing procedures for the sword. President Obama tasks the government with keeping the sword's powers a secret.

TIMELINE NOTES: Wow, what a crazy weapon! It'd be a shame if someone were to steal it...

Last edited:
Last of my ideas for 2008, I also recommend writing down a bit more reactive actions from the world around the events, I liked the nightmare hunter thing, so I wanna know what else may be going on cause of what we put down, like if there are now wizard-cults in Ohio worshipping the King Of Fools or how Tony Stark responded to both these events
I'm okay with waiting if figuring out and writing such things takes longer, I can be patient, also

(SN) 2008, The Sword Of Lost Songs enters the possession of the united states government after agents apprehended it from some street thug that was misusing it, it is a blade made of solidified mantras from lost civilizations, place your ear against it and you'll hear them, the sound from these mantras reverberate through whatever is cut by the sword and cause its atoms to move, the matter comprising their body ripping itself apart to perform a ritualistic dance for the blade
Can you do another please?

Back