Shows or movies YOU remember- but nobody else seems to

I feel Atomic Betty is the definition of "I think I remember that cartoon?"

Atomic Betty... Now there's a name I haven't heard for a long, long time. [Old Ben mode deactivate] But speaking of forgotten Canadian television shows from my childhood (so… all of them, really)

Realistically, I could fill this thread with shows from YTV. Remember Erky and Perky, anyone?

Does anyone remember THIS?

Yeah when you get down to it, the show is basically a rip off of Power Rangers, but really? Having it set in medieval times was actually a helpful change up to the usual Power Rangers formula that makes it stand out somewhat. If anything I thought it was cool how each member had to actually EARN their power armor first before they could actually use it and was actually a plot thread.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember THIS?

Yeah when you get down to it, the show is basically a rip off of Power Rangers, but really? Having it set in medieval times was actually a helpful change up to the usual Power Rangers formula that makes it stand out somewhat. If anything I thought it was cool how each member had to actually EARN their power armor first before they could actually use it and was actually a plot thread.

OH MY GOD. I don't know if I ever saw the show but I had toys of it and the fact it was a Power Rangers rip-off makes soooo much sense in hindsight, I loved Power Rangers and its toys.

I remember something very similar to mystic knights of Tir na nog that went on TV for about 10-15 years ago (I think). Problem is I've been trying to find it for the last two years without any success since all I remember from it was some lyrics from the opening (I don't remember anything from the actual show and now I just want this out of my head): "Mystic knights, hear uuup! (The following lyrics are probably wrong but something like this: ) and the Rohan's here and the (??) here" while clips of the characters in turn were shown with the name of each character and their actor. This might just be a local version of an intro but since it's in english I very much doubt so. I can remember that the opening was somewhat upbeat, and encouraging as if they wanted you to be a hero as well. Edit: Almost forgot, it was when I ran into this intro that I started to give up on it.

Late edit: I didn't mean to quote that, I just needed it to remember the details. I'm so sorry Polokun.

Last edited:
Me and my brother where just babbling about the 10th Kingdom while a bunch of people looked at us like we where pulling off some long con on them.

I mean well look at this trailer and tell me it doesn't seem like something someone would just make up.

Oh yeah, I remember reading the first book in that series. I think I tried reading the second one, but it just didn't click with me like the first one did so I dropped it.

Speaking of Mercedes Lackey, anyone here read her Dragon Jouster's series? I remember really enjoying it when I was younger. It was, or at least I remember it being, an excellent take on the Dragon Rider trope.

I remember reading about this in Bathroom Reader. I mean, the idea of using fairy tales in a dark fantasy setting isn't new, but…
It is so 2000 it hurts but at this point that is part of the charm of it for me. I mean the troll king is Ted Bundy but with the abusiveness and creepiness played much more straight. You have all the guest actors that every late 90's and early 2000 mini series or special would have. The attempts at being hip, edgy, and cool that all look like bad young adult novels now. It is a pile of corniness covered in cheese and I love it.

Hmmm
And there's this anime about four kids (one girl, three boys) who constantly gets in trouble with a criminal organization which are ped by their grandfather who seems to love tengu mask.
Oh and their ancestors invented gadgets that they use to fight crime (among other things electric sword, a water traversing machine inspired by insect, etc) in case you didn't know I don't know what this anime called :p
Hikarian
Minky Momo
Webdiver

Last edited:
Well...
You know that creepy pasta "Candle Cove"?
When I first read it, I had a genuine moment of ""wait, it's not real? But I remember this!"

It's freaky.

I think I am the only person on SB or SV who knows or still remembers this little series called Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. No animation, filmed using model trains, first series was narrated by Ringo Star. I had the videos at home, used to watch them all the time. Still have the books on a shelf, where they will not be given away. Except to maybe my children.

You know given SV/SB's fascination with Worm I'd think they'd love another show about a teen girl who has to find new and inventive ways to use her powers.

I remember getting early up on Saturday morning (around eight) to watch cartoons. For hours and hours. My favorite was Monster Allergy, but it disappeared. Come to think of it, its rather similar to Danny Phantom.

I think I am the only person on SB or SV who knows or still remembers this little series called Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. No animation, filmed using model trains, first series was narrated by Ringo Star. I had the videos at home, used to watch them all the time. Still have the books on a shelf, where they will not be given away. Except to maybe my children.

The Thomas Tank Engine Dragon mod in Skyrim has more than 20,000 downloads. :V

I watched that as a kid. Probably explains my continuing love of fictional trains.

Back