Voting is open
Well if that is the case, a reminder for others, if the Demi Fiend goes for true demon or just demon they will need to die, because otherwise they will kill everyone.

Well if that is the case, a reminder for others, if the Demi Fiend goes for true demon or just demon they will need to die, because otherwise they will kill everyone.
*glances at the title*

Also, there's now at least five people who can restart Kagasutchi running around right now with Amu and Mato joining the party. This doesn't necessarily make this better, but at least it isn't just the Demi-Fiend and the former friends turned Order and Chaos dickwads respectively.

Edit: To be clear, I know Baughn. I know he will make it a decision that's actually hard in many ways.

I don't even have to know his plans or be his idea-bouncing-board to say that.
Even though I know it's incorrect and likely to cause problems, both the thread title and Amu's multipart soul make me think "Yozis"
We were actually cultivating her Charas into kinda-people in the previous quest. Mostly IC-wise because Amu wanted her sisters to be able to hug mom and OoC-wise because we needed every pair of hands we could get to work on something to be helping and while not Solars Ran, Miki, and Su were still hypercompetent because they ran off of Amu's bullshit stats. Anyway, not... quite a Yozi-type soul structure, but the similarities were numerous.

The thread title is an Exalted-ish shout out, cause over-the-top name.

Last edited:
Edit: To be clear, I know Baughn. I know he will make it a decision that's actually hard in many ways.
The standard arguments for Chaos and Neutral are well known, but I think I've got some better ones. For that matter, I dare say I've thought up a decent one for Order... not likely to be one you're thinking of.

I'll let you know... much later.

But don't you think it's a bit too simple to expect those three would be the only options, hm?

Honestly, the best thing about SMT 5 is how it makes Order have a decent argument for literally the first time in the series history.

And to think, all it took was shoving the Big Yellow Head in the dumpster once and for all.

Chaos also gets good arguments to be fair, the big lesson of SMT V boils down to "The reason the big Factions are shitty is because their leaders don't fucking take responsibility for their actions/Taint their actual good points out of ego". Once you bring the philosophy down to the ground level they've actually got a good point.

The big hallmark of this is a pair of mutually exclusive quests you can get in the first zone. One is an Apsaras who's basically created a little oasis tucked away where the weak demons can be protected from the bad shit that's all over the place and can live in peace. The other side is a Leanne Sidhe who's uncomfortable with these demons basically signing off their future and independence and dreams for safety, and has been enticing some out and teaching them how to survive in the wastes. They're both doing it with the best of intentions, and both have a good point, but at the end of the day you have to pop one of them or skip the sidequest entirely, which leaves the tensions unaddressed. It's great

[X] [Memory] Black Rock Shooter, her other half, her... there was no way to put this that didn't drive you both nutters, but mom had insisted. Her sister. It was a long, long, long story.
[X] [Instinct] Seek. Search for a way out.

[X] [Memory] Strength, who sacrificed herself. Her best friend. Yuu's other half. She'd hoped that Mato would forget, but forgetting was not in her vocabulary. Nor was 'giving up' in Rock's.

[X] [Instinct] Overwhelm. Overcome this monster before it devoured her completely.

The standard arguments for Chaos and Neutral are well known, but I think I've got some better ones. For that matter, I dare say I've thought up a decent one for Order... not likely to be one you're thinking of.

I'll let you know... much later.

But don't you think it's a bit too simple to expect those three would be the only options, hm?
Is funk an option?

Last edited:
Oh right, I need to vote.

[X] [Memory] Strength, who sacrificed herself. Her best friend. Yuu's other half. She'd hoped that Mato would forget, but forgetting was not in her vocabulary. Nor was 'giving up' in Rock's.

[X] [Instinct] Seek. Search for a way out.

@RandyTrevelyan
Let's see… Funk is not an option, and you should feel bad for suggesting it. I must ask, what is your opinion on trucks?

Now, I played some tricks on the vote counter, so let's check if it still works or not.

Adhoc vote count started by Baughn on Nov 23, 2021 at 10:19 AM, finished with 35 posts and 15 votes.

[x] Strength, who sacrificed herself. Her best friend. Yuu's other half. She'd hoped that Mato would forget, but forgetting was not in her vocabulary. Nor was 'giving up' in Rock's.
    [X] Black Rock Shooter, her other half, her... there was no way to put this that didn't drive you both nutters, but mom had insisted. Her sister. It was a long, long, long story.
    [X] Kuroi Mato, a girl who tore herself apart. A girl who, brick by brick, put humpty-dumpty back together.
    [X] Saya Irino. Who had given everything, even her morality, to save her only friend. There were no decent answers there.

[x] Fight back. Rock would never have it otherwise.
    [X] Overwhelm. Overcome this monster before it devoured her completely.
    [X] Seek. Search for a way out.
    [X] Hide. There was nowhere else to go.

[X] [Memory] Black Rock Shooter, her other half, her... there was no way to put this that didn't drive you both nutters, but mom had insisted. Her sister. It was a long, long, long story.
[x] [Instinct] Fight back. Rock would never have it otherwise.

Last edited:
[X][Memory] Black Rock Shooter, her other half, her... there was no way to put this that didn't drive you both nutters, but mom had
[X] [Memory] Kuroi Mato, a girl who tore herself apart. A girl who, brick by brick, put humpty-dumpty back together

[X] [Instinct] Overwhelm. Overcome this monster before it devoured her completely.

Last edited:
Do you want a bit of a summary?
Thanks for the write up. I knew the absolute basics of SMT, but I suppose Nocturne is a different timeline or route or something. I should get around to watching BRS one of these days...

Gonna switch to overwhelm
[X] [Memory] Kuroi Mato, a girl who tore herself apart. A girl who, brick by brick, put humpty-dumpty back together.

[}{] Strength, who sacrificed herself. Her best friend. Yuu's other half. She'd hoped that Mato would forget, but forgetting was not in her vocabulary. Nor was 'giving up' in Rock's.

Woo! Come on tie! Let's Gooo!!

:V

not an actual vote, I'm just fucking with Baughn.
Thanks for the write up. I knew the absolute basics of SMT, but I suppose Nocturne is a different timeline or route or something. I should get around to watching BRS one of these days...
1 and 2 are playing n a world that never got restarted basically and are very much early installment. 3 shook everything up really, because its essentially a war over the timelines, so yes and no.

It is shown this is happening over innumerable Kagasutchis at the same time at one point I think?

Eh. Never saw or played 4 and 5 just came out.

So idk what you might be thinking of?

Last edited:

I have no choice but to vote for the BRS storyline. Because her mother finding out about the mess and laying down the law that she and BRS are sisters now sounds like all kinds of shenanigans.

[X] [Instinct] Fight back. Rock would never have it otherwise.

Last edited:
[X] Black Rock Shooter, her other half, her... there was no way to put this that didn't drive you both nutters, but mom had insisted. Her sister. It was a long, long, long story.
[x] Fight back. Rock would never have it otherwise.
[X] Fight back. Rock would never have it otherwise.
[X] Overwhelm. Overcome this monster before it devoured her completely.

[X] Kuroi Mato, a girl who tore herself apart. A girl who, brick by brick, put humpty-dumpty back together.

This format doesn't work. You need to include the task tags, or the vote counter won't count your votes.

Voting for Overwhelm, because even if BRS refuses to back down she's still smart enough to realize that what she's doing isn't working and change tactics.

Voting is open
Back