Which point of view do you find most interesting for this quest?

• First person

• Second Person

• 3rd Person

• 3rd person omniscent

• Argh this is annoying pick one and stick with is. i don't care which.

• I actually like the switching best, depending on situation.

Results are only viewable after voting.
How much damage is 5 heavy wounds again?

Because, I'd rather go with basic invis than go from being fine to almost bleeding out. All because someone flipped a light switch at the wrong moment.

[1]Simple invisibility.
[2]Improved Invisibility.
[3]Shadow walk.
[4]Ghost.

[4]Simple invisibility. (Moderate chance of success. Unless what you face can detect scent.)(Have to open the gate)
[3]Improved Invisibility. (Decent chance of success. Unless what you face can detect scent.)(have to open the gate)
[1]Shadow walk. (Good chance of success. Unless a sudden bright light occurs or someone invested in some serious lighting in the next room. )(Gate can remain closed)
[2]Ghost (Excellent chance of success. Unless you come across a ghost.) (Gate can remain closed)

Vote Tally : Sensible Girl Quest. | Page 137 | Sufficient Velocity [Posts: 3418-3429]
##### NetTally 1.9.9

Options:
Ghost (Excellent chance of success. Unless you come across a ghost.) (Gate can remain closed)
Ghost.
Ghost. (1 sharp wound on your forehead in the form of a circle. 3 MP. No Duration limit. You keep bleeding and lose 1 Vitality every minute. If you hit 7 you loose 1 wound and start from 7 vitality. You get 3 vitality back once you rejoin your body but your max vitality is reduced by 1, temporarily. You can turn objects you could normally carry intangible for 1 MP per object. Gain temporary, unknown, ghost powers.)
Improved Invisibility.
Improved Invisibility. (15 min casting time. 10 min duration, 2 MP. 2 MP to renew for 5 Min) +35 stealth, disrupted for 3 seconds by kinetic impact.
Improved Invisibility. (Decent chance of success. Unless what you face can detect scent.)(have to open the gate)
Shadow walk.
Shadow walk. (15 min casting time. 10 min duration, 3 MP. 1 MP to renew for 1 Min) Turn fully or partially intangible and invisible and travel through local shadow. Tangible body parts don't have to be in shadow. Sudden bright lights disrupts effect and deals heavy injury 5 wounds. (You roll body+fortitude DC 20 with each success negating one)
Shadow walk. (Good chance of success. Unless a sudden bright light occurs or someone invested in some serious lighting in the next room. )(Gate can remain closed)
Simple invisibility.
Simple invisibility. (5 min casting time. 10 min duration. 1 MP. 1 MP to renew for 5 min) +35 stealth, disrupted by sufficient kinetic impact or magical field disruption.
Simple invisibility. (Moderate chance of success. Unless what you face can detect scent.)(Have to open the gate)

Winner: Shadow walk.
[1] FullNothingness
[1] Hazardine
[1] Jrin
[1] PurposefulZephyr
[1] TheEyes
[3] EmperorArthur
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] kinigget
[-] Stahor
[-] zup

First Runner Up: Simple invisibility.
[1] EmperorArthur
[2] FullNothingness
[2] Hazardine
[2] PurposefulZephyr
[2] TheEyes
[3] Jrin
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] kinigget
[-] Stahor
[-] zup

Second Runner Up: Improved Invisibility.
[2] EmperorArthur
[2] Jrin
[3] FullNothingness
[3] Hazardine
[3] PurposefulZephyr
[3] TheEyes
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] kinigget
[-] Stahor
[-] zup

Third Runner Up: Shadow walk. (Good chance of success. Unless a sudden bright light occurs or someone invested in some serious lighting in the next room. )(Gate can remain closed)
[1] kinigget
[1] Stahor
[1] zup
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] EmperorArthur
[-] FullNothingness
[-] Hazardine
[-] Jrin
[-] PurposefulZephyr
[-] TheEyes

Honorable Mention: Ghost (Excellent chance of success. Unless you come across a ghost.) (Gate can remain closed)
[2] Stahor
[2] zup
[3] kinigget
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] EmperorArthur
[-] FullNothingness
[-] Hazardine
[-] Jrin
[-] PurposefulZephyr
[-] TheEyes

Honorable Mention: Ghost.
[4] EmperorArthur
[4] FullNothingness
[4] Hazardine
[4] Jrin
[4] PurposefulZephyr
[4] TheEyes
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] kinigget
[-] Stahor
[-] zup

Honorable Mention: Improved Invisibility. (Decent chance of success. Unless what you face can detect scent.)(have to open the gate)
[2] kinigget
[3] Stahor
[3] zup
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] EmperorArthur
[-] FullNothingness
[-] Hazardine
[-] Jrin
[-] PurposefulZephyr
[-] TheEyes

Honorable Mention: Simple invisibility. (Moderate chance of success. Unless what you face can detect scent.)(Have to open the gate)
[4] kinigget
[4] Stahor
[4] zup
[-] DarknessSmiles
[-] EmperorArthur
[-] FullNothingness
[-] Hazardine
[-] Jrin
[-] PurposefulZephyr
[-] TheEyes

Honorable Mention: Shadow walk. (15 min casting time. 10 min duration, 3 MP. 1 MP to renew for 1 Min) Turn fully or partially intangible and invisible and travel through local shadow. Tangible body parts don't have to be in shadow. Sudden bright lights disrupts effect and deals heavy injury 5 wounds. (You roll body+fortitude DC 20 with each success negating one)
[1] DarknessSmiles
[-] EmperorArthur
[-] FullNothingness
[-] Hazardine
[-] Jrin
[-] kinigget
[-] PurposefulZephyr
[-] Stahor
[-] TheEyes
[-] zup

Total No. of Voters: 10

[X]Shadow walk. (Good chance of success. Unless a sudden bright light occurs or someone invested in some serious lighting in the next room. )(Gate can remain closed)
No. of Votes: 2
globalwarmth
Kirbstomp

Total No. of Voters: 2

Closing vote, shadow wins. This means your team chills till they hear loud noises and/or screaming
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Perception Total: 90
90 90
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Enemy Perception Total: 100
100 100
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Sneaky snik Total: 67
67 67
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Enemy snik Total: 26
26 26
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: HOW u SNIK?! Total: 55
55 55
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Intelligence check Total: 47
47 47
jadecriminal threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: ... Total: 24
1 1 7 7 4 4 8 8 2 2 2 2
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: shit Total: 26
26 26
jadecriminal threw 3 100-faced dice. Reason: Endurance saves the day? Total: 199
74 74 54 54 71 71
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Dodge Total: 68
68 68
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Perception Total: 55
55 55
jadecriminal threw 3 100-faced dice. Reason: Saving throw Total: 132
38 38 35 35 59 59
jadecriminal threw 3 10-faced dice. Reason: Magnitude Total: 12
1 1 7 7 4 4
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Will Jinx Total: 86
86 86
jadecriminal threw 1 100-faced dice. Reason: Strength Total: 13
13 13

Last edited:
I think something went wrong with that tally... Not that Shadow wasn't going to win.

Also Enemy perception natural 100... :confused:

Ah I see... I didn't check since the results matched what I was expecting. TLDR it tallied stuff with different lines separately and I didn't do any vote merging.

And yeah. That nad 100 means this is going to get interesting... Probably not this weekend though.

In Media res.
Something bad happened.
0, 3, 0, 4, 0, 0
You wake screaming because of the fire burning your spinal column. Actually, your mistake, your everything is pain. Like you are a cooked slab of meat that doesn't know it's dead. You think you are screaming anyways. It's not like you can hear anything.

Something is dragging you across the stone floor and you can barely think your head rattling as it bumps on the tiles. It finally stops but the burning... The burning...

The edges of your sight darken. Something, no, someone blurry is in your vision but you can barely think. Oddly all you can see behind it is pink. Just a wall of pink, with dark and grey slowly leeching the corners of your vision. It has a mouth. It's moving. Open close open close. Flap flap. Somehow it looks familiar.

There's a faint tug somewhere you didn't even know you had. An inside inside. Like a second spleen. or a third ear. You barely feel it through the pain. If you let go it will take you away. Away from the pain. You could rest.

But... You were... Doing? Something. It was important.

It hurts. You feel like a broken vase held together with dust and dew. or maybe you are the dust and something else is the vase?

[]It's important. You know it's important. That darkness thing has to go. Focus.
[]Let go. It wasn't that important. Just close your eyes and go home.

##

Yeah... back. I need a decision. You can, and should vote with x for this one.

This is sort of an "in media res thing" you'll find out what happened in the next post, I just need Alice to choose first.

Edit: By the way I'd have indicated if this was a death thing. This is not "die or not die" choice.

Last edited:
[x]It's important. You know it's important. That darkness thing has to go. Focus.

I'm not sure how we'd do anything else. Alice isn't the go-with-the-flow type.

[X]It's important. You know it's important. That darkness thing has to go. Focus.

Going back might be the 'safe' option... but I doubt very much Alice would be willing to let things go at this. Dangerous as this almost certainly is... Even if she never remembered everything, I think the guilt would eat her up inside if nothing else if she went home now. A remarkably sensible and rational girl she might be even with the adventures she's had, but Alice is still a pretty compassionate girl methinks.

Going back might be the 'safe' option... but I doubt very much Alice would be willing to let things go at this. Dangerous as this almost certainly is... Even if she never remembered everything, I think the guilt would eat her up inside if nothing else if she went home now. A remarkably sensible and rational girl she might be even with the adventures she's had, but Alice is still a pretty compassionate girl methinks.
Besides, we still have to keep asshole child-abusing sadist mage from eating the spark (and totally steal it for ourselves!)

[X]It's important. You know it's important. That darkness thing has to go. Focus.

Alice is stubborn, curious, and willful

This is the only choice

[x]It's important. You know it's important. That darkness thing has to go. Focus.

Normally i might vote the other...but what kinigget said holds

I am not risking going home since QM has not promised Alice would bring her sparky buddy with her.

Back