Rising in the East (OOC)

Oh no, the GM is laughing at my post. That could mean something. :V

And she rated the above post as Insightful. Perhaps you're on to something, @Rinasoir.

IC post is up. I hope the format is fine for you @Simpli if there is anything you want me to change about it to accommodate you, please let me know.

Now I just have to await the Vietnam-war esque ambush that my forces will all be killed in :p

Some other regiment could accompany the Wilderness guys going north.

We are to take one more regiment with us. You can be in charge if you want, pick whomever you find likely to fit and order them to fall in line."

Let's see who can come with us westward...

@Rinasoir? No, they're going north.
@Ceslas? No, they're going south.
@Unlucky Bibliophile? No, they're fortifying at camp.
@Zedalb? Maybe. That Etymology debuff would work against us though.
One of @Gideon020's six regiments? ...I'm not sure if I can do that.

Last edited:
He has two personal regiments (the riflemen and the Cossacks), plus Lyudmila's coven.

Turn 1 - Orders
So all turns done then?

@UbeOne heading towards the dryland in the west with @whydoyoubother - One day travel + starting to dig in.
@Rinasoir & @Zedalb heading towards the NW - One day travel
@Ceslas Heading SE with his Cossacks - One day travel
@Unlucky Bibliophile is digging in at the staging point
@Gideon020 is holding the base with the NPC Regiments, safe for the Woodcutters which are supporting the expedition to the west to build a fort.

Last edited:
@Simpli

well, almost. UbeOne and myself are taking one of the NPC-regiments with us. But else thats fine. Our travel-speed is 3 hexes (slowest member: me with 2 + extended supplies)

Give you an instant protection against 40% of the enemies ranged CR - you can increase that with pioneers if you stay in that position for some time, but otherwise pioneers could do the same if you give them a turn or two to dig in.

So, could we also terraform the some of the swamp area around the staging area into plains?

Also, what's our mission parameters? You know, when we actually meet a friendly civilization.

So, could we also terraform the some of the swamp area around the staging area into plains?

You could if say...your engineers spend at least three turns on them and then you would have to wait two turns for the water to flow away. Well...it will at least be a bit drier then.

Also, what's our mission parameters? You know, when we actually meet a friendly civilization.

Make them allies or subjects of the Russian Empire, you are a mix of a exploration and conquistador group, together with the witch covens that are going to come through soon and will be intent on finding magical artefacts and ruins, which the Empire can use back home to improve its international position.

Hmm, could be worth it later, when an attack doesn't seem imminent. Swampy territory is more disadvantageous to us than not, right?

Froggies might be guerilla fighters like fantasy lizardmen in swamplands. You might be in for a Pripet Marshes style of insurgency there.

Joking recommendation: Have your Officers and NCOs tell the men that the frogs you're facing is the true face of all evil Frenchmen. This is the age of no political correctness and whatnot. :p:ogles::drevil::drevil:

So, there are three possibilities:

1. They surrender upon meeting us.
2. They blunder about allowing us to bypass their forces.
3. They mount a stiff and relentless guerilla resistance force against us.

:V

Back