[X] Timeskip to the next story event, but have options present for each of the intervening days. Such options, if chosen, will show a brief summary of what happened without going into dialogue or details.

[X] Timeskip to the next story event, but have options present for each of the intervening days. Such options, if chosen, will show a brief summary of what happened without going into dialogue or details.
[X] Suggest something?
-[X]Talk about future ambitions, and reasons for becoming huntresses.

[X] Suggest something?

[X] Suggest something?

Re: The fate of this quest.
Wow, it certainly has been a while since I posted on this old thing, hasn't it?

Unfortunately, this isn't an update. To be honest, I was thinking about possibly reviving this quest, though I'm not sure if it would be a good idea or not, therefore I would like to get the opinion of anyone who -- after almost a year -- is still "here" on what the best course of action would be.

Option A would be to continue this quest from where it left off, keeping everything untouched. While this would probably be the best option for those who are still invested in wanting to continue this adventure, I'm concerned that 1. Not many -- if any -- of the old playerbase stuck around waiting for an update, which would lead to fewer people voting, and 2. it might alienate new players, who will inevitably read through the Early Installment Weirdness and period of stagnancy that was partially responsible for the "death" of this quest and possibly lose interest.

Option B would be to completely start over from a new thread, this would be the best way to get new players involved but it would also alienate the veterans who invested so much of their own time following the initial thread. Especially since it might be repetitive due to having to go through certain events leading up to the current point in the quest a second time, and would likely end up uninteresting.

Option C is a middleground option between the two, which would be to retcon back to before things started to stagnate and continue the thread from there. The old iteration would be kept up for archival purposes but removed from the main threadmark index. Though I'm personally not sure this is the best option, mainly because it runs into the same issue of repetitiveness for veteran players due to effectively undoing several votes and possibly presenting the same choices, this also brings up the problem of "people might not like having their progress undone" as well.

Option D is to simply let this thread lie. If everyone feels that this quest has long run its course, then this is, sadly, probably the best option.

If anyone is still here, it would be nice to hear your opinion(s) on the matter, and if there is general support for one of the options above, I will likely go with that. You are also free to suggest options that I may not have considered as well.

Not many -- if any -- of the old playerbase stuck around waiting for an update,
Raises hand proudly.
I... think I would prefer A but would also accept C , with B a far third. I'm waiting for shit to hit the fan and a new thread isn't really conducive to that. Wish I could phrase that a bit better, but tis what I think.

If anyone is still here, it would be nice to hear your opinion(s) on the matter, and if there is general support for one of the options above, I will likely go with that. You are also free to suggest options that I may not have considered as well.
In my experience on both sides of the table, player numbers are maintained through consistent updates. Long delays, repeated delays, and long repeated delays cause people to move on to what is popular, fits their interest, and is active. That's how the internet works when the author gets bored before a game over. Starting anew is usually pretty easy, but I am always slightly surprised people forget to ping the old thread to trigger an Alert of the new thread's existence.

But since your overall concern beyond getting bored is player progression, let me give my two cents: It doesn't matter what progress there was, or wasn't, if you get bored or have writer's block. If you feel like there's an inconvenience or loss being made, a one-time reward, stat buff, or goodies sprinkled around usually equivocates that out. But story matters, even story progression, always begins and ends with you. You just loan a limited amount of say to us or dice.

So what would you like to write?

Yeah, I'd be up for this continuing, or you rebooting it if you'd like (so long as there's a ping here as a reminder). As Always Late said, it really comes down to what you're most interested in. If you want to start clean and fresh, do it! If you want to just pick things up and keep going, do it! If you're not sure, no worries!

As a "veteran", I would prefer A, but I can see the merits of going for C, even if I'm not so inclined towards it. B would be... lamentable, but what matters is what you think is best for you. Or what others think is best. Whatever, you get what I mean. You do you.

Ah, I remember this.
Personally, I think Option B would be the better option. As a veteran myself, I wouldn't really mind going back to the beginning, possibly see some changes new players and new votes would have on the story. Option A would save some time and possibly keep other veterans, but depending on how many lost interest or left, attracting new blood might be better in the long run. But ultimately, I agree with Always Late in that you should choose whatever option you personally desire.

It took me a moment to remember what this was even about, but once I did, I was like "Oh yah, that had POTENTIAL!"

So I'm fine with whatever method you choose to continue with, but would recommend avoiding C. I feel like instead of taking the best of the A and B options C takes the worst. So, we should either start over refreshed, or continue and see where the current road would have lead us.

I'm all for a reboot myself. With how long it's been it seems only fair to let you have free reign to prevent burnout, instead of trying to force your muse to work off of where we left it.

I'm honestly (and pleasantly) surprised that so many people responded.

After hearing all of your thoughts, I'm leaning towards going with either A or B, though I'm personally torn between the two.

While it would be nice to continue where we left off, I could also see the benefits of starting over, especially since several of you said you wouldn't mind a fresh start. Though on the other hand it doesn't feel right to go completely back to zero with this either, especially since we could end up with a completely different character depending on how character creation goes... Not that that's a bad thing, but still the Violet that was built at the beginning of this quest and the circumstances she ended up in were nice to write (even if my writing skills back then were and probably still are questionable) and grew on me a bit... It would feel like an utter shame to just toss that aside. (To the point where if I do end up going with B, I'm tempted to skip the character generation votes entirely and keep using this version of Violet, though that also feels like it wouldn't be fair to you guys if I did that.)

I'll give it more thought over the weekend and update you guys on whatever I decide on. You're also free to continue giving your opinions on the matter as well if you wish.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Honestly, even if we do start over I'd be in favor of keeping the character of Violet.

I don't see any issue starting over with violet. In fact it may help when you plan out the story arcs you want to use. Remember even if this is a quest the best way to plan it is to start with a framework of a story, and having characters that are a known quantity make that a hundred times easier.

Back