Red Star in a neon sky (Cyberpunk Xianxia)

[X] Plan Devious Licks
-[X][NAME] Hei Xing
-[X][GENDER] Genderfluid
-[1][SOCIALIZATION] Elders
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Servants
-[3][SOCIALIZATION] Siblings
-[4][SOCIALIZATION] Playmates
-[5][SOCIALIZATION] Parents
-[X][TRAINING] Radiant College of the Arts

There is a moratorium in place rn so pls hold off on actual votes.

I like this plan a lot, I would just like to see the social swapped around a little, ideally pushing down Elders a little. Maybe also push up playdates if we're on a charisma spec? Cast a wide social net and expose us to a variety of outlooks and peoples

Also, what does Hei Xing mean?

Last edited:
[] Plan The Ultimate Bureaucrat
-[][NAME] Jingguo ("Administering The Country")
-[][GENDER] Is Bureaucrat a Gender? If not, Genderfluid, I guess? ("Whatever Gets You Ahead In Life")
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Parents
-[4][SOCIALIZATION] Playdates
-[5][SOCIALIZATION] Servants
-[][TRAINING] Red Star Young Pioneers League

[X] Plan Devious Licks
-[X][NAME] Hei Xing
-[X][GENDER] Genderfluid
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Servants
-[4][SOCIALIZATION] Playmates
-[5][SOCIALIZATION] Parents
-[X][TRAINING] Radiant College of the Arts

[] Plan: Divine My Star!
-[][NAME] Jingzi
-[][GENDER] Male
-[3][SOCIALIZATION] Parents
-[1][SOCIALIZATION] Siblings
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Elders
-[][TRAINING] Gifted Stargazers Observatory

So the goal here is to name our character "mirror" because I would find it funny with a divination specialization. I'm not too concerned with the relations, but I would like us to be more engaged with immediate family and elders than with servants and playdates.

The training option is Gifted Stargazers Observatory for the fun of divination and bureaucracy.

[] Plan The Ultimate Bureaucrat
-[][NAME] Jingguo ("Administering The Country")
-[][GENDER] Is Bureaucrat a Gender? If not, Genderfluid, I guess? ("Whatever Gets You Ahead In Life")
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Parents

The name thing is supposed to be in English. This is China-like in convention but I'd rather not use Chinese directly because I don't speak it and I'll make a mess of it. Did you pick the name with a meaning in mind?

"Whatever Gets You Ahead In Life"

It's called "male" :V

The name thing is supposed to be in English. This is China-like in convention but I'd rather not use Chinese directly because I don't speak it and I'll make a mess of it. Did you pick the name with a meaning in mind?
Well, as I said, Jingguo literally means "Administering The Country", supposedly at least. Would that work as a name?

Well, as I said, Jingguo literally means "Administering The Country", supposedly at least. Would that work as a name?

Hmm, not really? It doesn't describe a person, it describes an action.

"Young Administrator", or something like this, would work. Bear in mind it's a temporary name, as cultivators tend to acquire their own later in life, and your family sure know you're going to cultivate -or die- unlike poorer people, so it's usually a bit childish/referencing youth.

Yep! It's Chinese for mirror. Which doesn't really work out all that great as an English name. I'll try to figure out another name though.

[] Plan Catgirl Voz
-[][NAME] Victorius Feline
-[][GENDER] Female primarily but will switch if the efficiency would dramatically improve
-[3][SOCIALIZATION] Elders
-[4][SOCIALIZATION] Parents
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Playdates

Victorius Feline only cares about two thing efficiency and power. To her every other cultivator is either useful or needs to be removed later. She wants to climb the bureaucracy to a top position in the nation which she is willing to use every dirty tactic to reach. But Victorius Feline has a secret that she can't tell anybody for some reason cats love her and she them. Whenever a cat sees her it would go to her and she would always end up petting them. Victorius Feline swears to herself that she will overcome this weakness and bring efficiency to the nation.

Last edited:
[] Plan Flashy Moves
-[][NAME] Jace Intomeki
-[][GENDER] Assigned Female leaning towards Transgender Male
-[5][SOCIALIZATION] Elders
-[1][SOCIALIZATION] Servants
-[][TRAINING] Harmonious Peacekeeper Dojo

Jace is all about the mirror shades and the flashy moves. Yep. When you need a hero, there they are. And possibly even when you don't need a hero. They were raised by nannies and tutors and have a good relationship with their servants but are less close with their absentee parents.

Last edited:
Yep! It's Chinese for mirror. Which doesn't really work out all that great as an English name. I'll try to figure out another name though.

The names sounding like janky translation in English is all their charm, come on, indulge a bit :V

Using descriptive sets of regular words as names without even mashing them together is really not how English rolls and that gives you instant foreign vibes without relying on a foreign language, which I think is neat. I try to do the same thing with the place names.

[] Plan Catgirl Voz
-[][NAME] Victorinya (Voz to her friends)
-[][GENDER] Female primarily but will switch if the efficiency would dramatically improve
-[3][SOCIALIZATION] Elders

Victorinya only cares about two thing efficiency and power. To her every other cultivator is either useful or needs to be removed later. She wants to climb the bureaucracy to a top position in the nation which she is willing to use every dirty tactic to reach. But Voz has a secret that she can't tell anybody for some reason cats love her and she them. Whenever a cat sees her it would go to her and she would always end up petting them. Voz swears to herself that she will overcome this weakness and bring efficiency to the nation.

[] Plan Flashy Moves
-[][NAME] Jace Intomeki
-[][GENDER] Assigned Female leaning towards Transgender Male
-[5][SOCIALIZATION] Elders
-[1][SOCIALIZATION] Servants
-[][TRAINING] Harmonious Peacekeeper Dojo

Jace is all about the mirror shades and the flashy moves. Yep. When you need a hero, there they are. And possibly even when you don't need a hero. They were raised by nannies and tutors and have a good relationship with their servants but are less close with their absentee parents.

The idea with the childhood name is to have a few descriptive words. Like translated ideograms. I'm trying to go for the vibe you'd get if you translated Chinese or Japanese names. It's a bit experimental, but it's supposed to be the norm and your character is very much within the cultural norms so I'm trying for consistency? Please indulge me. Or if people don't feel it, I can throw in names myself.

The idea with the childhood name is to have a few descriptive words. Like translated ideograms. I'm trying to go for the vibe you'd get if you translated Chinese or Japanese names. It's a bit experimental, but it's supposed to be the norm and your character is very much within the cultural norms so I'm trying for consistency? Please indulge me. Or if people don't feel it, I can throw in names myself.
Well i'm going to sleep now so i will probably change it in the morning if i get some good ideas but right now i'm thinking something like "victory at all cost" or "victory build on sacrifice". So please tell me if it is names like that you are looking for or if they should be constructed differently.

Well i'm going to sleep now so i will probably change it in the morning if i get some good ideas but right now i'm thinking something like "victory at all cost" or "victory build on sacrifice". So please tell me if it is names like that you are looking for or if they should be constructed differently.

I'd like something that describes a person, so like Victor rather than Victory, if that makes sense? Or Victorious Son or something like that.

[][NAME] Heavenly Bright
[][NAME] Sly Clever
[][NAME] Durable Proctective
[][NAME] Kind Strong

Sorta like this?

More Adjective Noun than Adjective Adjective?

Heavenly Child, Sly Inheritor, Protective Scion, Kind Daughter, things like that? I really should have given examples in the update...

Last edited:
More Adjective Noun than Adjective Adjective?

Heavenly Child, Sly Inheritor, Protective Scion, Kind Daughter, things like that? I really should have given examples in the update...

All good. And I'm assuming this is just our given name, and our family name will be revealed to us in the next update or so?

All good. And I'm assuming this is just our given name, and our family name will be revealed to us in the next update or so?

This is your childhood name, yes. You also have a family name, and you're expected to craft your own cultivator name as you advance on your path, since your family assume you're not going to stagnate just above awakening.

[] Plan: Divine My Star!
-[][NAME] Reflective Son
-[][GENDER] Male
-[3][SOCIALIZATION] Parents
-[2][SOCIALIZATION] Elders
-[][TRAINING] Gifted Stargazers Observatory

Alright, same plan as before with a different childhood name. Still went with the mirror theme but changed it to be "Reflective Son" instead of the Chinese word for mirror.

Back