[X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.

[X] Plan: The Tiniest Overlord
-
[X] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
-[X] Mighty Physique Lv. 1
-[X] Mark of the Demon King Lv. 2

Yes

[X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.

-

We don't know how many of these evolution perks we're going to be able to get through the course of the game, nor how readily similar "currencies" can be gained. We don't know how expensive other methods of improving or gaining these abilities will be.

Spending a currency of which you do not know how much you will have, to purchase things whose costs to purchase by other means is unknown to you, is an incredibly foolish action.

It's not about being edgy, it's a matter of "Look at the title of this fucking quest, if we don't take the initiative, events will almost certainly conspire to force us into it."

And frankly, the idea of being a nice, cute, affectionate blonde who happens to be the Overlord amuses me, especially if we don't go and use that as an excuse to be a horrible monster, but instead to just be a cute and affectionate ruler of all demonkind.

That being said, Uniques are almost certainly something we can only get through evolution perks, and I'm not keen on spending our "Free level up and XP boost" while evolving is still relatively easy.

Consider, for instance, the likelihood of demons being used as a cats paw to do things, summoned or otherwise directed here to cause tragedy. Mark of the Demon King means that we can tell them to fuck off because this is where we keep our stuff, and that will probably take precedence over any lesser orders.

Last edited:

Arrgh, while i don't mind the tiny overlord, i really want to be lucky... But oh well, let's live in interesting times ^^
Edit: changed from Plan: The Tiniest Overlord

Last edited:
If the MC doesn't step up to it others will step up to the 'Demon King' stuff most probably. It's not like the MC is the only one that was brought over, or has that stuff. I think having that level up right now would be more troublesome than useful. But eh, who knows. I'm just not into taking that role.

I'd like to point out that the most important skills to get early on are the ones that give additional boosts with each level gained. Neither of these cost XP either which make them good choices.

[X] Plan Foundations
-[X] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
--[X] Mighty Physique Lv. 1
--[X] - [Attribute] - Sharp Mind Lv. 1

-
-[X] Mark of the Demon King Lv. 2 (But get this one after the Appraisal)

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that the most important skills to get early on are the ones that give additional boosts with each level gained. Neither of these cost XP either which make them good choices.

[X] Plan Foundations

To be fair, we can still get everything but the Unique stuff with XP. It just cost a lot in the case of the Preternatural (X) stuff for instance.

There were some weird bugs with the status info post, it doesn't seem to be handling the accordions very well. I've fixed the most glaringly obvious problems but if you see anything weird please do give me a shout so I can fix it.
Adhoc vote count started by Usotsuki Megami on Dec 28, 2017 at 7:59 PM, finished with 34 posts and 21 votes.

• [X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.
    [X] Plan: The Right Perks At The Right Time
    -[X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    [X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    [X] Plan: Example Vote
    - [X] - Pick one Perk, save the other for later.
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Fire Resistance Lv.1 - The character's body is unnaturally resistant to heat-based attacks and environmental damage.
    [x] - [Attribute] - Willpower Lv.1 - The character is better able to resist mental attacks and traumas through great force of will. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - [Attribute] - Lucky Lv.1 - Good fortune is bestowed, tweaking the dice of fate to ensure that events fall in the character's favour a little more often than they would otherwise. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] Plan: Gifted and Lucky
    [x] - For some reason, I'm worried about giving up all that information publically. Refuse permission.
    [x] - [Attribute] - Mighty Physique Lv.1 - Impressive physical strength and health is bestowed, giving the character a small immediate boost to strength and endurance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [x] Plan: Stronger
    [X] Plan: Strong Inner Self
    - [X] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Willpower Lv.1 - The character is better able to resist mental attacks and traumas through great force of will. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - [Skill] - Shadow Magic Lv.2 - The capacity to transmute the body's mana into darkness, enabling the character to cast a variety of shadow-related spells. [Cost: 5 XP]
    [X] - [Skill] - Appraisal Lv.2 - The character's mana is channeled in order to analyse a specific target, whether it is a physical object or a concept within the system. [Cost: 10 XP]
    [X] Plan: Shadow Seer
    [X] Plan Foundations

Adhoc vote count started by Usotsuki Megami on Dec 28, 2017 at 8:00 PM, finished with 34 posts and 21 votes.

• [X] - I trust mother, this must be important, and I'm kind of curious to find out how it works.
    [X] Plan: The Right Perks At The Right Time
    -[X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.
    [X] Plan: Example Vote
    - [X] - Pick one Perk, save the other for later.
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Fire Resistance Lv.1 - The character's body is unnaturally resistant to heat-based attacks and environmental damage.
    [X] Plan: Shadow Seer
    [X] - [Skill] - Appraisal Lv.2 - The character's mana is channeled in order to analyse a specific target, whether it is a physical object or a concept within the system. [Cost: 10 XP]
    [X] - [Skill] - Shadow Magic Lv.2 - The capacity to transmute the body's mana into darkness, enabling the character to cast a variety of shadow-related spells. [Cost: 5 XP]
    [X] Plan: Strong Inner Self
    - [X] - Pick both Perks! Invest early, invest often!
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    - [X] - [Attribute] - Willpower Lv.1 - The character is better able to resist mental attacks and traumas through great force of will. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [x] - For some reason, I'm worried about giving up all that information publically. Refuse permission.
    [x] Plan: Stronger
    [x] - [Attribute] - Mighty Physique Lv.1 - Impressive physical strength and health is bestowed, giving the character a small immediate boost to strength and endurance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [x] - [Attribute] - Willpower Lv.1 - The character is better able to resist mental attacks and traumas through great force of will. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] Plan: Gifted and Lucky
    [X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] - [Attribute] - Lucky Lv.1 - Good fortune is bestowed, tweaking the dice of fate to ensure that events fall in the character's favour a little more often than they would otherwise. [Cost: 0 XP]
    [X] Plan Foundations

[X] Save both perks for later so we can think this through, there's no rush to this.

[Status] - Soul Trauma - The soul of the character has received terrible damage which is slow to heal. Mana, Magic and Resistance ratings are all slightly reduced and the personality of the user may become erratic and unstable as the soul attempts to find equilibrium.
We'll probably want to pick up a soul perk to counteract our Soul Trauma debuff before we go after any magic perks. Or properly learn magic for that matter.
[Skill] - Bajiquan Lv.1 - ERROR: NO SKILL DESCRIPTION FOUND. [Cost: ?? XP]
This is likely something we have access to from Judgement of Magi, so it'll be worthwhile to spec towards.

Speaking of which, it was never elaborated on how our player character was like in Judgement of Magi.

Last edited:

Let's pick the interesting option.

Last edited:
Okay, everyone voting for the 'Tiniest Overlord' option, what do I have to do to get you to reconsider? Do I have to point out that we agree not to go this route in this first place?
Do I have to point out that doubling down on the Mark at this point in time, when we're this young and can't defend ourselves, is an incredibly Bad Idea?
Do I have to point out that there are better ways to spend our perks, such as upgrading the Appraisal skill, at the very least, or choosing another magic option because here we are about learn magic?

What do I have to do?

[X] Plan: XP Snowball
--[X] - [Attribute] - Sharp Mind Lv.1 - A strong mind and personality are bestowed, giving the character a small immediate boost to intelligence and charisma, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]
--[X] - [Attribute] - Lucky Lv.1 - Good fortune is bestowed, tweaking the dice of fate to ensure that events fall in the character's favour a little more often than they would otherwise. [Cost: 0 XP]

Last edited:
Do I have to point out that we agree not to go this route in this first place?

I don't even know what you mean by this? We never agreed to anything regarding this?

Do I have to point out that doubling down on the Mark at this point in time, when we're this young and can't defend ourselves, is an incredibly Bad Idea?

We still have an entire family around protecting us, it's not like we're defenseless.

Do I have to point out that there are better ways to spend our perks, such as upgrading the Appraisal skill, at the very least, or choosing another magic option because here we are about learn magic?

'Better' is entirely subjective, and while if we had literally no magic whatsoeverI would be saying we should pick a magic perk, we do have one form of Magic already, and you only need one to start learning with.

What do I have to do?

Make an actual argument rather than a post I can poke holes in easier than a wet paper bag.

I mean... Personally I'm voting to hold off on spending EXP so that we can get Holy Magic since that seems like a good trump card to have if we're going to be potentially going up against demons or other demon king candidates.

But I personally suspect that actual conflict with said other candidates is far in our future.

That said, I'm not actually voting for tiniest overlord right now, my current plan is as follows.

[X] Plan: Wizardly One
-[X] - Pick one Perk, save the other for later.
-[X] - [Attribute] - Gifted Soul Lv.1 - A strong and stable soul is capable of better channeling magic without adverse side effects, giving the character a small immediate boost to magic and resistance, plus an additional boost every level. [Cost: 0 XP]

Since we already have shadow magic we can start by learning that with Gifted Soul to boost us early on. Then, once we get another five EXP I'd like to grab holy magic so that we can start learning that too.

Last edited:
I honestly personally like Mighty Physique, and thus rather like Tiniest Overlord, though I'd rather pick up Mark of the Demon King after Elric's Appraisal of us instead of potentially letting him see its already leveled up.

I honestly personally like Mighty Physique, and thus rather like Tiniest Overlord, though I'd rather pick up Mark of the Demon King after Elric's Appraisal of us instead of potentially letting him see its already leveled up.

you could always make a plan to get just that and buy the upgraded mark later...

I don't even know what you mean by this? We never agreed to anything regarding this?
We still have an entire family around protecting us, it's not like we're defenseless.
'Better' is entirely subjective, and while if we had literally no magic whatsoeverI would be saying we should pick a magic perk, we do have one form of Magic already, and you only need one to start learning with.
Make an actual argument rather than a post I can poke holes in easier than a wet paper bag.
I mean... Personally I'm voting to hold off on spending EXP so that we can get Holy Magic since that seems like a good trump card to have if we're going to be potentially going up against demons or other demon king candidates.
But I personally suspect that actual conflict with said other candidates is far in our future.
Except, if you read back, you can find several instances of people agreeing that going to evil overlord option was undesirable. So, yes, we did.
We have a family, protecting us, yes. Our family. A family we don't want to have to protect us because it could and would get them hurt.
Learning one type of magic is fine. In fact, my original vote was to double down on said magic while also choosing the increasingly useful Appraisal skill, you the know, the skill which if leveled high enough will tell us what the question marks that we need to discover about ourselves is? I offered a `better` option. You could say it's subjective but if you place the gains that it offers right next to each other, it's not even an argument.

And, I would try and break down why, but, people voting are admittedly doing so because it's the more 'interesting' option. You can't argue against that in a normal fashion. I'm genuinely asking how people can be swayed because they aren't going off what would be best for us but what is the 'cool' option. I don't know how to fight against that and I'm trying to be cordial.

I'd like to point out that we've had the opportunity to raise the Appraisal skill since the beginning and since it only raises it to level 2 using a perk, I'd rather train it by vote later, these perks offer us to get something right this moment that we don't have or don't know how to train.

Except, if you read back, you can find several instances of people agreeing that going to evil overlord option was undesirable. So, yes, we did.

Except that we aren't planning to go evil overlord? Like... I think you pretty clearly misunderstand the intent here. Just taking the mark doesn't make us evil or anything, it just gives us more abilities. Good or evil will all depend on how and when we use those abilities.

We have a family, protecting us, yes. Our family. A family we don't want to have to protect us because it could and would get them hurt.

Whether or not they have to protect us isn't likely to change with the upgraded mark.

Learning one type of magic is fine. In fact, my original vote was to double down on said magic while also choosing the increasingly useful Appraisal skill, you the know, the skill which if leveled high enough will tell us what the question marks that we need to discover about ourselves is? I offered a `better` option. You could say it's subjective but if you place the gains that it offers right next to each other, it's not even an argument.

It is subjective though? None of the skills are better than each other really, not at this stage anyways.

And frankly Appraisal seems kinda useless to me? Like a skill we'll need to put a lot of investment into before we see any serious returns. I would rather learn it later than rush it now when our options and opportunities are that much more limited.

And, I would try and break down why, but, people voting are admittedly doing so because it's the more 'interesting' option. You can't argue against that in a normal fashion. I'm genuinely asking how people can be swayed because they aren't going off what would be best for us but what is the 'cool' option. I don't know how to fight against that and I'm trying to be cordial.

Uhm...

Alright I'm sorry but... Bullshit?

Point out why the option is bad, actively detrimental. Point out why yours is better. Call specific people out to ask them to please consider a better option. You argue against it the same way as you argue against anything else.

Actually crafting a better option might help too, since in my eyes at least, your choices are kinda flawed. We're literally about to get tutoring in magic, so shadow magic should increase anyways with that. and appraisal is dodgy as I mentioned above.

I'd like to point out that we've had the opportunity to raise the Appraisal skill since the beginning and since it only raises it to level 2 using a perk, I'd rather train it by vote later, these perks offer us to get something right this moment that we don't have or don't know how to train.
Then this is the best option out of all of them.
[] - [Unique] - Blessed with Ancestral Wisdom - The character receives a large immediate boost of available XP and also levels up immediately. [Cost: 0 XP]

Back