Planescape: Torment Remaster Confirmed

mothematics

How wide is the concept of "you"?
Pronouns
She/Her
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
Froooom the website itself, we got:
  • Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
  • Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
  • 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high definition with tons of new convenience features.
  • A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!

A version I can conceivably play without wanting to tear my hair out from clunk! Rejoice!

It took some amount of willpower to not squeal out loud in math class.

Well it has to be better than the utter mess that is Tides of Numenera.

I already have a copy (well, one on reserve / pre-order) courtesy of BG:SoD Collectors Edition kerfuffles. Looking forward to it, especially as I've yet to play the original.

The best part about this getting updated is that I have a chance to dust off all of my spiciest Planescape memes:

Badly mismanaged, somehow was worse than Wasteland 2 at launch. Gameplay, dialogue, all shite.
Can I please have something more detailed than "it was all shite?" Spoiler free?

I like Avellone's work and was planning on picking up Numerena at some point, but if it's legitimately trash...

I enjoyed Tides of Numenara and had no issues technical or otherwise with it.

My only real issue with Numenera was that it was too short, and I wanted more. But then again, it could be a 600 hour plot and I'd still want more, so...

I did not engage with Numenera's systems at all. Felt like it was obsessed with having COOL SYSTEMS CHECK OUT THESE FATE POINTS to me. I don't really like that stuff. Just give me a diceroll and a quicksave system.

Numenera also has its own thread so further talk of it can go there. ;)

Can I please have something more detailed than "it was all shite?" Spoiler free?

The UI is unfriendly, the graphics and aesthetics are a gibbering mess (even compared to the original Torment), the writing is as in love with itself because holy shit does the writing need an editor, and the gameplay is so so finicky and annoying, I can't even be bothered to finish it.

I was tired of PoE's trash mobs before, but wow does it make me happy that PoE isn't such a mess when it comes to gameplay.

Back