Wow, that's a lot of information to absorb.
Sergeant Major Landsman
*raises eyebrow*
she pedalled her way towards school, her light blue hair done up in a long, luxurious riot that had two large buns on top of her head and twin bangs hanging on either side of her face. Ringing the bell on her bike twice, she leapt up to ride on a nearby fence, making her way rapidly and tossing shocked passers-by the occasional 'Nihao!'
So, it was with little grace and much aplomb that Rei, dainty, tiny little Rei, leapt with her bike off of the fence outside of the school and, instead of dropping it damn near on top of one Touji Suzuhara, she leapt off of it and threw her arms around her target.

"Nihao, Airen! Wo ai ni!"

Of course, that said target was a pig-tailed young woman who looked ready to visit a great deal of physical violence upon the giggling Ikari was immaterial.
:rofl:

Last edited:
...did you quote Iron Man 2 on purpose, or am I just seeing things where they aren't?

Oh, good, someone spotted that. C'mon, this story's almost as much a love-letter to the mecha genre as it is an actual story. I had to do Iron Man -some- credit!

I'm trying to keep it a -bit- more cohesive and sensible than Pacific Rim (seriously? Let's build a wall to keep out the giant, city-destroying monsters and decommission our only defense against them! That makes sense, right?), though that's going to be extremely difficult. This -is- NGE.

That said, IRC-crew, y'all are verboten from spoiling this, but...

I have a question. Did y'all spot the spoiler on what the Army's new machines are?

Oh, good, someone spotted that. C'mon, this story's almost as much a love-letter to the mecha genre as it is an actual story. I had to do Iron Man -some- credit!

I'm trying to keep it a -bit- more cohesive and sensible than Pacific Rim (seriously? Let's build a wall to keep out the giant, city-destroying monsters and decommission our only defense against them! That makes sense, right?), though that's going to be extremely difficult. This -is- NGE.

That said, IRC-crew, y'all are verboten from spoiling this, but...

I have a question. Did y'all spot the spoiler on what the Army's new machines are?
Metal Gear?

Well they have animal names for the majority of them. Zoids?

Hmmm. No. I'll give y'all a -little- hint.

What is the opposite of a dissonance?

Also, if y'all figure it out...it's not the first thing you think of. The 2-69th is not a fighter wing, they're an armored battalion. That means shit like tanks, APCs, and other land-bound vehicles that are just designed to make the bad guys have a really, really bad day.

Last edited:
Resonance...

...Jaegers?

It's the Serenity, isn't it? That, or they're in giant, technicolor robot horses.

A dissonance is a chord or tone that is not in tune or harmonious with the rest of the melody. The opposite of a dissonance is, then, a Harmony.

It's not Jaegers. It's not the Serenity.

Also, if y'all figure it out...it's not the first thing you think of. The 2-69th is not a fighter wing, they're an armored battalion. That means shit like tanks, APCs, and other land-bound vehicles that are just designed to make the bad guys have a really, really bad day.

*hums quietly to himself*

Looks like Battletech to me, but then Battletech basically stole all its aesthetics from [REDACTED] ;)

This help?

It's even at about the scale I need, too! This is a Tomahawk. Stripes is not going to be in this.

Dissonant Silver.

Harmony Gold.
Hey, stop ninjaing me, I was busy googling Robotech stuff. Never seen it so I had to look it up. I assume it's this then?
Looks like Battletech to me, but then Battletech basically stole all its aesthetics from [REDACTED] ;)
Did no one else open the link he posted earlier? It's the Robotech theme, which should be a big clue.

That looks like something Games Workshop would come up with.

....I can honestly see that. It does not help, whatsoever, remembering the SDF-1 Macross could turn into a -fuck-off huge humanoid murderbot-. Titans, anyone? But no.

This is from the Robotech saga. It's called a destroid. Pictured, specifically, is the MBR-04 Tomahawk.

ARMAMENTS (in my 'fic):
2x 40mm Gauss Rifles
3x Missile Launchers
2x 12.7mm Machine Guns
2x 25mm Vulcan Autocannons
4x 180mm Direct-Fire Mortar
2x Positron Cutters

Hey, stop ninjaing me, I was busy googling Robotech stuff. Never seen it so I had to look it up. I assume it's this then?
Did no one else open the link he posted earlier? It's the Robotech theme, which should be a big clue.

Yes, @Betatrack, you are correct, sir!

Last edited:
Other way around. Robotech stole all their designs from a North American robot thing.

Robotech's been around since 1985.

BattleTech (the earliest relevant 'North American robot thing') got its start 5 years later, and actually got into some serious dust recently with Harmony Gold about stealing their mech designs.

Transformers also got hit pretty hard, actually, because Jetfire was a -picture-perfect copy- of Rick Hunter's VF-1J Valkyrie.

Pretty sure Robotech's the thing errbodeh else be rippin' off.

Back