Path to Power (A Growing Revolution)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

It's been a long day. Unsatisfying. Dull, even. You look at your hands, your simple...
An Ugly Start
It's been a long day. Unsatisfying. Dull, even. You look at your hands, your simple, uninteresting hands. What's that one thing people say, "Know it like the back of your hand"? How stupid. No one ever pays attention to the back of their hands. Well…Not like you do. Hell, most idioms don't make any sense to you either.
Be not afraid, young Actor
Ugh.
To stand up and take on your role.
And there's school tomorrow, too. You lean back, arms going back behind your head (how the hell are you supposed to see the back of them now?) and stare at the ceiling. That same, dull, white ceiling that's always been there.
The time has come to take on the mantle of Instigator
It's already been a month since you entered High School, and you had been so utterly certain that life would finally change, become interesting…But now Homecoming was coming up in a few weeks, and High School felt like just the same boring slog Middle School and Elementary School had been beforehand. Day in, and day out. The same old same old. The world around you fading in to a dull gray…
As the Endless Waltz continues to it's next beat.
God.
Be not afraid.
You wish things would just change, somehow.
This stage was prepared lovingly just for you.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

What is the most important to you?

[] The World
[] Yourself
[] Bonds
[] Everything
[] Nothing
[] Write-In

What are you most dissatisfied with?

[] The World
[] The People
[] Yourself
[] Everything
[] Nothing
[] Write-In

Welcome to Path to Power, my first Original Quest.

For those of you familiar with my work, this will be…a slight bit of a departure in tone. But not in spirit. Now, originally I had planned on putting this straight on Sufficient Velocity because I saw a lot of complaining about a lack of Original Content there and I am nothing if not a competitive asshole.

So, over this past month and a half or so, this setting has really gotten away from me and I got a bit impatient to get started on it so I posted a version of this on Spacebattles a couple of weeks back. I was inspired by @Leingod 's ROYL Quest and thought that if it worked for him, then I might be able to make it work for me as well! As a result, Character Generation has just barely finished over on the Spacebattles version and so those of you who have participated in that one can totally feel free to use your experiences from that one to tip this version of the Main Character to better suit a build of your choosing.

For those of you unfamiliar with my own writing style…Don't take too much for granted.

Chargen is going to be a bit more gradual than most cases since you're not going to have a convenient template already prepared for writing with. The Main Character's just as new to everything as you guys are gonna be.

Just keep in mind…that I wouldn't be me if things didn't eventually escalate, one way or the other.

Special thanks go to @Mortifer , @Shemhazat , @Ezit Meti for inspiration, and @EnderofWorlds for feeding my altogether too massive already superiority complex.

Here you go, @wdango .

Also, @Karuadin , Salt Tokens are now on the table :V

Oh, finally.

[] The World
[x] Yourself
[] Bonds
[] Everything
[] Nothing
[] Write-In

[] The World
[x] The People
[] Yourself
[] Everything
[] Nothing
[] Write-In

[JK] My internent connection
[JK] The mountains of unneeded salt generated from said internet.

[X] Yourself
[X] The People

[X] Nothing

[X] Everything

So, a school shooter simulator? Nah, I doubt anything like that would be accepted.

[X] Nothing

[X] Everything

[x] Tomorrow
[x] The People

Why is it taking them so long to be better?

Last edited:
[X] Yourself
[X] Everything

We am Become Brooding Anime Character #241.

[x] Tomorrow
[x] The People

Damn, I like this a lot

[X] Nothing
[X] Tomorrow

This should lead to a hilarious power set from what I gleaned from the other run. Also I just like the weird apathetic person whose only major annoyance is the inevitable march of time.

So, this is an Alternate Universe to the Path to Power on SB, right?

Which means that we have to go full Mirror Universe, and choose the exact opposite of what we chose on SB.

[X] The World
[X] Bonds

Now, I'm just going to sit over here and hope for an eventual crossover event where Blast Hardcheese and the Protagonist of this Quest (Opposite of Blast Hardcheese would be... John Smith?) meet up and maybe punch each other for a bit.

So, this is an Alternate Universe to the Path to Power on SB, right?

Which means that we have to go full Mirror Universe, and choose the exact opposite of what we chose on SB.

[X] The World
[X] Bonds

Now, I'm just going to sit over here and hope for an eventual crossover event where Blast Hardcheese and the Protagonist of this Quest (Opposite of Blast Hardcheese would be... John Smith?) meet up and maybe punch each other for a bit.
It's already in the works

You should see what I have planned for Earth Day

Back