One Righteous Soul (D&D 5e Quest)

Interesting vote spread so far. Though I will point out that if anyone is torn between multiple options, or indeed just has more than one that they wouldn't mind seeing, it's explicitly permitted to just vote for more than one.

Not mandatory, of course, if you only have one preference.

Interesting vote spread so far. Though I will point out that if anyone is torn between multiple options, or indeed just has more than one that they wouldn't mind seeing, it's explicitly permitted to just vote for more than one.

Not mandatory, of course, if you only have one preference.
How are you compiling votes for this? I would assume class and gender go first and then you look at the name and give it a sanity check?

How are you compiling votes for this? I would assume class and gender go first and then you look at the name and give it a sanity check?

The Class/Race vote is taken independently of the others, since all of them should work pretty well regardless of what sex or name the character has.

Speaking of the name, hmm... I'm somewhat uncertain about the whole 'Maximillian Theodore Roseblossom' thing. The name, and indeed the personality as presented the first time I tried to write this quest, is rather heavily rooted in a character who only recently arrived at the crusade from Taldor, and so still has all their noble attitudes and dramatic flair.

The Battlemaster is the only option that might allow a Taldoran origin, but it's also one that gives you a weary veteran who has been fighting the Abyss for eighty years on end, and so will almost certainly have lost most of the personality quirks a name like that would seem to demand.

[X] Maximillian Theodore Roseblossom (of Taldor)
[X] Male
[X] The Veteran.

[X] The Veteran.

[X] The Mystic.

Not much preference beyond this, although while Half-Elf, Tiefling and Aasimar are my favorite races, I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of Monk.

Also, @Maugan Ra, any reason why you're using DnD 5e rather than Pathfinder with Golarion?

Also, @Maugan Ra, any reason why you're using DnD 5e rather than Pathfinder with Golarion?

Well part of it is that I like D&D more, at least when talking about fifth edition, but there's also something to be said for complexity and how it works in quest format.

Pathfinder, especially the Mythic Adventures stuff that this adventure path was written for, has vastly more moving pieces, specialized rules and micro management than fifth edition, and I choose to avoid that as much as possible.

Well here I was thinking that maybe I should look at calling the vote so I can get writing, but it turns out that the Mystic and Veteran options are actually tied right now with 23 votes apiece. Huh.

[X] Maximillian Theodore Roseblossom (of Taldor)
[X] Male
[X] The Veteran

Ya after thinking about it more, I find the story behind the veteran of 80 years more interesting than the mystic.

[X] Adela
[X] Female
[X] The Mystic

Taldor seems like a gimmick vote, so I'd rather avoid it if possible.

Back