Marvel's Shang-Chi

As I understand it the bad fight choreography didn't help in addition to the male lead not being capable of acting his way out of a paper bag.

As I understand it the bad fight choreography didn't help in addition to the male lead not being capable of acting his way out of a paper bag.

I know for a fact (friend worked on the show) that he refused to learn the choreography until maybe thirty minutes before they started shooting. Like point blank would not do rehearsals and said he was fine with getting a cursory rundown from the stunt and fight coordinators right before they'd roll on the scene.

I liked the characters, the plot and everything that happened in the show. I just wish I had both seasons on DVD for a bingewatch.

Any more detail/specifics? Like, what did you like about the characters, the plot, etc? I'm just asking because the show's pretty universally panned, so a flat "I like the characters and the plot" doesn't exactly sell me on the show.

Bland Repetition does not make you any more convincing.

Try an actual reason.

Season 2 was mildly watchable and the setup for season 3 could possibly have had a solid payoff, but mostly because it looked like it was going to largely sideline Danny. He was really the cracked capstone that dragged the whole show down from day 1.

I think the consensus among fans was that it was setting up for the Daughters of the Dragon storyline from the comics - whether as part of IF or as a new Show.

I know for a fact (friend worked on the show) that he refused to learn the choreography until maybe thirty minutes before they started shooting. Like point blank would not do rehearsals and said he was fine with getting a cursory rundown from the stunt and fight coordinators right before they'd roll on the scene.

Any more detail/specifics? Like, what did you like about the characters, the plot, etc? I'm just asking because the show's pretty universally panned, so a flat "I like the characters and the plot" doesn't exactly sell me on the show.
I liked all of the characters in the show, I wish the show had gotten a third season. I looked forward to seeing what was going to happen with Mary and this third personality she had, Danny and Ward in Asia. If only we got that third season. Plus I liked the romance between Danny and Colleen in the show.

Some people didn't like season 1. I liked it and some didn't like the boardroom drama in particular I thought it was good.

Finally got around to seeing this and it was... fine? Aside from that first fight the action is kinda dull, none of the jokes land, and the Ten Rings' hechmen costumes are some of the worst in the MCU. Otherwise serviceable. The one shot of the Mandarin killing the rival gang members in the flashback made me want a gangster movie about him more than anything else though.

Last edited:
So 2028 then?
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Simu Liu Says Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi’ Sequel Keeps Getting Pushed Back

The actor initially made his MCU debut in 2021's 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.'
The actor posted on his Threads account, a new social media app that launched Wednesday, telling fans to ask him anything. One fan responded, asking for a status update on the highly-anticipated sequel to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

"Was told it would follow Avengers," Liu, who starred in the lead role in the 2021 Marvel film, said. "But that keeps pushing back due to circumstances beyond my control."

Although he didn't give details on what those "circumstances" are, Disney has recently made changes to its release calendar, including delaying Avengers: Secret Wars to May 7, 2027. Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, which has embattled Jonathan Majors attached to the lead role, has also been pushed a year to May 1, 2026.

Liu added in his post that he hopes "to have more concrete news to share soon."

Back