Mama Might Be A Monkey - Saiyan Luffy Quest (One Piece/Dragon Ball Z)

gotta make sure we do learn to fly during these training turns when we have the chance.
Eh, it's not all that high on my list of things to get, honestly. Especially since it doesn't look like we have a way of making it easier to learn, compared to the other Very Hard options.

I'm surprised the copy techniques is so hard, Saiyans steal techniques like they eat food.

Goku pulled the Kamehameha (or at least a very basic one) out the first time he saw it
Vegeta didn't even actively see Ki Sensing, just knew it was happening around him and it still naturally developed
Even the Super Saiyan form, though this is headcanon, was stolen by the Half-Saiyans

Monkey See, Monkey Steal

[X] Saiyan Strength (N/A) - Focus on eliminating the weaknesses of your tail and begin to learn how to control the mighty Oozaru. (Will require two training periods, but will be relatively low difficulty. 1d100 per training period.)
[X] Saiyan Strength (N/A) - Focus on eliminating the weaknesses of your tail and begin to learn how to control the mighty Oozaru. (Will require two training periods, but will be relatively low difficulty. 1d100 per training period.) x2

Is it possible to divide this up?
Just train Oozaru. Having a funny weakness is a Key strategy in One Piece as is previously mentioned
But not important enough to avoid th Giant Monkey Control skill

[X] Reassure - Despite the fact that she's a sadistic control freak sometimes, she is a pretty good mother. Probably the best mother you've ever had. Let her know.

[X] Ki Blasts (Poor) - Improve your ability to use both basic Ki attacks and special techniques. (High Difficulty. Roll 1d100.)
[X] Crimson Dragon Skin - Red scales, like metal armor, made with a combination of Ki and Haki. They can be layered over the body like armor or shot like weapons, but they're true value is as a training tool. You can store Ki inside them and increase their weight with a touch, meaning they're excellent limiters for your body and your Ki. (Requires Ki Blast and Busoshoku Haki. High Difficulty. Roll 1d100.)

[ ] Heavenly Gilded Twister - Surrounded by a golden whirlwind, you can attack indiscriminately at high speeds while also increasing your defense substantially. This fierce twister is like a bullet, moving between sky, earth, and sea with ease. Unfortunately, the shell created by the move is so perfect, you need other techniques to be able to use it effectively. (Requires Ki Blast, Busoshoku Haki, and Kenbunshoku Haki. Very High Difficulty. Roll 1d100.)

You know, why do I imagine heavenly twister being this.

Yeah, I'm just rolling an incomplete knowledge of Power Ball together with Saiyan Strength.

[X] Reassure - Despite the fact that she's a sadistic control freak sometimes, she is a pretty good mother. Probably the best mother you've ever had. Let her know.
[X] Ki Blasts (Poor) - Improve your ability to use both basic Ki attacks and special techniques. (High Difficulty. Roll 1d100.)
[X] Crimson Dragon Skin - Red scales, like metal armor, made with a combination of Ki and Haki. They can be layered over the body like armor or shot like weapons, but they're true value is as a training tool. You can store Ki inside them and increase their weight with a touch, meaning they're excellent limiters for your body and your Ki. (Requires Ki Blast and Busoshoku Haki. High Difficulty. Roll 1d100.)

First, train to unlock advance training.

A few notes I feel like sharing right now, in relation to recruiting crew members and moving from island to island.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a very good quest if we just did everything exactly the same as canon except Luffy has different powers. I've already got some ideas on how to shake up East Blue, in particular.

However, I deeply love every member of the Straw Hat crew and I want to give you people an opportunity to recruit each and every one of them. We'll probably have to do some shuffling to figure that out, but I just wanted ya'll to know that was my intention.

I will be open to ya'll recruiting other people too, but that's usually going to need a pretty solid write-in or something, because the last thing I want is to have to juggle two hundred pirates in this quest. It's just a matter of being practical.

Why not just put their Origin Town into Stasis?
No matter how long we take, Usopp is still Usopp and his island won't be invaded by Kuro (though the plot could be changed to be AU, the plot won't change with time)

Then we can hit it in any order we want, or just skip characters if we prefer

[X] Divert - It's unusual for someone as straightforward as you, but even you recognize she could do with a change in topic. She never talks about the Saiyans. Maybe you should ask about them?

[X] Saiyan Strength (N/A) - Focus on eliminating the weaknesses of your tail and begin to learn how to control the mighty Oozaru. (Will require two training periods, but will be relatively low difficulty. 1d100 per training period.)

First to get rid of the weakness and second to unlock more advanced stuff. Also want to know more about Saiyans in the One Piece setting.

Why not just put their Origin Town into Stasis?
No matter how long we take, Usopp is still Usopp and his island won't be invaded by Kuro (though the plot could be changed to be AU, the plot won't change with time)

Then we can hit it in any order we want, or just skip characters if we prefer
Well, this won't be a factor in East Blue, but keep in mind the Log Pose kinda locks you into certain paths when you're navigating on the Grand Line.

Though, even if you go to the same places, things won't necessarily be the same there.

I love exploring I really do but I don't want want to leave Ussop to the Kuro pirates or Zorro with Morgan. In the east blue these are the only ones with a time limit Nami's arc only happens after she meets us and Mihawk was hunting Don Kreig from the Grand line. Everything else we don't have to worry about with no time limits except Laboon.

[X] Saiyan Strength (N/A) - Focus on eliminating the weaknesses of your tail and begin to learn how to control the mighty Oozaru. (Will require two training periods, but will be relatively low difficulty. 1d100 per training period.) x2

A few notes I feel like sharing right now, in relation to recruiting crew members and moving from island to island.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a very good quest if we just did everything exactly the same as canon except Luffy has different powers. I've already got some ideas on how to shake up East Blue, in particular.

However, I deeply love every member of the Straw Hat crew and I want to give you people an opportunity to recruit each and every one of them. We'll probably have to do some shuffling to figure that out, but I just wanted ya'll to know that was my intention.

I will be open to ya'll recruiting other people too, but that's usually going to need a pretty solid write-in or something, because the last thing I want is to have to juggle two hundred pirates in this quest. It's just a matter of being practical.
I know, I love them to. They are the best. Wanna give them all a hug. Especially Nami and Robin Luffy, because he is made of Rubber, and I have a feeling that it would be really satisfying to hug someone made out of rubber.

How about just have them be in different circumstances when we? Like, we meet them and have the opportunity to recruit them, just not in their canon location. For example, Usopp's not in Syrup village, he's out on the sea searching for adventure but every time he finds it he chickens out and runs away at the last moment, never quite working up the nerve to go all the way.

Oooh, you could have Zoro be a marine/baroque works agent and we have to beat him up to recruit him.

This way we still get the opportunity to recruit the best characters ever, but, you know, it's still a new and exciting story.

Last edited:

This seems to be the bandwagon for now, and since there are so many people behind it we may as well get it out of the way now, so that we can focus on other things in our coming training sessions. (Despite what some have said, flight is a HUGE advantage, even if we are able to swim the ability to maneuver in three dimensions should not be underestimated. how many times have you seen one piece characters look up? not as often as they should, that's for sure. we could simply fly above most enemies then blast them with Ki. it also makes it far harder for people to escape from us when we don't want them to)

Last edited:
Well, I can see the reasoning behind the bandwagon, here. It gets rid of an obvious and fairly significant weakness, and it means we don't go on a rampage and accidentally flatten whatever island we're on every time we see the full moon.

This seems to be the bandwagon for now, and since there are so many people behind it we may as well get it out of the way now, so that we can focus on other things in our coming training sessions. (Despite what some have said, flight is a HUGE advantage, even if we are able to swim the ability to maneuver in three dimensions should not be underestimated. how many times have you seen one piece characters look up? not as often as they should, that's for sure. we could simply fly above most enemies then blast them with Ki. it also makes it far harder for people to escape from us when we don't want them too)
Flight is an insanely huge advantage, if only because Skyperia exists, and the moon is habitable.

I do wonder what happens if a sayian lands on the moon, and looks under their feet.

Flight is an insanely huge advantage, if only because Skyperia exists, and the moon is habitable.

I do wonder what happens if a sayian lands on the moon, and looks under their feet.
Nothing because the moon itself isn't important. It's the frequency of light they see being reflected off it and which gets filtered through a planets atmosphere that they need. For a saiyan on the moon, they would only transform if they looked up at the sky and saw the planet in place of the moon. Pretty much like this scene in GT.

Someone asked me if the fusion dance would work here.

Well, yes, it would.

Ehhh ... I'll go with no, simply because Wapol could eat other DF users and be just fine.
He didn't get their abilities, though. And he could? I don't remember it. I mean, he ate his advisers to combine them, but they weren't fruit users (and didn't really get fused).

Your choice, of course. I was just asking because such a fusion would be very similar to someone eating two devil fruits.

He didn't get their abilities, though. And he could? I don't remember it. I mean, he ate his advisers to combine them, but they weren't fruit users (and didn't really get fused).

Your choice, of course. I was just asking because such a fusion would be very similar to someone eating two devil fruits.
Were they not?

I guess my memory of that arc is a little fuzzy.

But in any case, it's a temporary combination, so it works out.

I just checked the dudes worpol ate had no devil fruits plus it was more a weird stacking mechanic than real fusion.

Back