Ok, I gotta ask; Victory Gundam has a reputation so... when does the gore show up?

Given Victory's reputation, I was expecting the sort of visceral carnage I saw in Iron Blood Orphans.

Edit: So far the massacre in episode 3 seems to be an outlier.

Last edited:
Ok, I gotta ask; Victory Gundam has a reputation so... when does the gore show up?

Given Victory's reputation, I was expecting the sort of visceral carnage I saw in Iron Blood Orphans.

It`s MOSTLY not like... visual gore.

Think about what a Adrastea does though and, well, there you go.

That, and it's apparently one of the top contenders for highest named bodycount in the franchise.

Coincidentally I just watched episode 1 of Victory; the first episode has just straight up mounds of corpses from an apparent bombing run and one guy digs through the melted flesh/ash of his friend to get a map to a safe house or whatever. There's no gore on a technical level (like blood and guts flying around) but my first thought was "this looks like the photos you see post-genocide." Like look at this:

Coincidentally I just watched episode 1 of Victory; the first episode has just straight up mounds of corpses from an apparent bombing run and one guy digs through the melted flesh/ash of his friend to get a map to a safe house or whatever. There's no gore on a technical level (like blood and guts flying around) but my first thought was "this looks like the photos you see post-genocide." Like look at this:

Just wait until they show you how that happened!

I've heard it theorized that this was Tomino's attempt to kill the franchise. I believe it.

I heard he later admitted it.

Victory is Tomino having lost his battle with depression and constantly arguing with with corporate management.

Turn A is Tomino in his happy place with corporate giving him full creative freedom.

The difference is like night and day.

I heard he later admitted it.

Victory is Tomino having lost his battle with depression and constantly arguing with with corporate management.

Turn A is Tomino in his happy place with corporate giving him full creative freedom.

The difference is like night and day.
I believe it but I want a source. Crossing an ocean and languages makes me want citations

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam: Episode 10, Behold! The Shrike Team
Ok tittle, they better don't die in just one episode with a presentation like that then.

We start with Marbet not talking with Oliver, it seems like his team is the Shrike Team and Marbet don't like them that much.

They get a new objective from their leader, Jinn Gehenam, Uso mentions that that combination of names is actually quite sinister, their objective is to reach point DD.

With BESPA, Dupre is watching idol videos, no wait, he order to crack the code in the video, now they what the League will do. With this information Dupre decides to go out with his own scout to hunt them down, but not before taking some of Arbeo's Tomliats.

With Uso, after watching some pictures of Katejina, wonder about BESPA next plan and watching some memories from his past that his Haro recorder, Uso's paranoia is just too much for him and he decides to scout ahead in case BESPA cracked their message a were waiting for them.

Before he can steal the Victory though Shakti stops him and says that she is going with him, she couldn't care less about the rest of the people in this place... ok, but I think bringing a baby to a possible battle is a horrible idea Shakti, just saying.

A few minutes after taking only the core fighter plus boots part, Uso finds Dupre's squad and start fighting.

...This will end with the Shrike Team saving Uso, isn't it?

Uso gets surrounded, but fortunately Dupre notices that the pilot of the Gundam is a kid and orders to not destroy it, only capture it.

Of course his plan fails thanks to some reinforces, the Shrike Team!

With their arrival Uso has enough time to leave Shakti behind and join with Oliver's core fighter to form the Victory.

From here on the battle goes great for the League, they destroy all the soldiers from Dupre's squad, he manages to escape though.

It was a pretty nice battle, though it seems like the Shrikes are a little bold in their fighting style, Uso also manages to destroy two MSs with one shoot.

After that we learn that the except for Oliver, the Shrike Team is completely female... oh, that's way Marbet doesn't like him, right.

And we end with Oliver disciplining Uso for his reckless behavior, and by disciplining of course I mean a punch to the face.

Ah 90s Japan, please change faster.

P.S: that baby that Shakti is always carrying around, Karlmann, will either become a badass or a incredibly coward, he's just around too many explosions and giant robots to be anything else.

they better don't die

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

Seriously though. Remember what the others said and don't get too attached to anyone except Uso and Shakti.

Here's a hint: at one point, Uso outright goes "Oh, what the frak is going on here?! This shit can't be real, am I high or something?! No frakking way this is actually happening, no frakking way!" in response to what's happening.

Last edited:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

Seriously though. Remember what the others said and don't get too attached to anyone except Uso and Shakti.

Here's a hint: at one point, Uso outright goes "Oh, what the frak is going on here?! This shit can't be real, am I high or something?! No frakking way this is actually happening, no frakking way!" in response to what's happening.
Hey, they didn't die in the episode they were introduce, I'm happy with that. :V

If you mean the scene I think you mean then yeah, that`s pretty much peak Victory. Because it is happening, it is dark as shit, it is incredibly stupid, and it`s Katejinas fault.

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam: Episode 11, Defense Of The Shrike Team
We start with Shakti once again having doubts about Uso staying to fight, but fortunately before we have to hear that argument again they reach their destination, which result is an old Federation air-base.

Romero tries to get help to reach the BESPA base so they can attack it in revenge for Count's dead, but he's rejected, his team was only mean to get the Victory Gundam, of which there two others inside the base, now they must leave the Gundam here and soon will get another mission.

Uso meanwhile learns that his father Hangelg Ewin seems to have some connections with the League and the Federation so he start investigating.

We transition to see other three members of Arbeo's squad investigating the zone of the last battle and deducing the direction that the caravan took.

Uso keeps asking around about his father with no success and this pisses off Odelo for some reason, who then start fighting with Uso.

Ok the reason is because it seems like Suzy doesn't has parents and Uso constantly asking about his makes her sad... I think this is a overreaction Odelo.

The fight is eventually stopped thanks to Shakti, oh and by the way, the Shrike team was watching the whole thing, and betting on who was going to win... assholes.

With the BESPA soldiers, they learn about the League location thanks to some drunkers in a bar, of course they rewards them with bullets to their heads, because everybody knows that here's not better reputation that being those guys that kill people that give them the information they want, obviously!

Uso eventually learns that no one knows if his father is alive anymore, here are rumors that he was one of the first to die by the guillotine. Odelo redeems himself a little by telling Uso that here may be some info about his dad in Arti Gibraltar.

The place were Asher and Fuala are going, this will be fun.

But before Uso can thank Odelo, BESPA start attacking! And hey, is the biker guy!

Well, at least they now have three Victory Gundams and many pilots available, surely they will use all that to defeat the enemy fast enough, right?

Or the Federation pilot could focus in saving his own ass trying to fly in his transport through the battle, leaving the fight to the Jamesgun and Gun-EZ around, that too.

Uso enters the base only to notice that Shakti isn't here, so he goes out to look for her, Odelo and the other go too.

The battle is actually quite balance, with the Shrike Team giving hell to BESPA, that's it until more reinforces for BESPA arrive.

Odelo eventually convinces Uso to go and pilot of the Gundam while he looks for Shakti.

And then finally each Gundam gets a pilot, Marbet, Oliver and Uso.

Odelo does find Shakti, who is too distracted planting some seeds...? Welp, she lost it.

Even with the help of the Gundams the battle is quite brutal, with the dead of one of the Shrikes, the League does win though and everyone manages to escape in the flying transports.

Now it seems like everyone is moving to towards Arti Gibraltar.

P.S: Shakti planting seeds in the forest while crying and the battle rages around, it doesn't make sense, but it's quite sad I will give you that, show.

P.S: Shakti planting seeds in the forest while crying and the battle rages around, it doesn't make sense, but it's quite sad I will give you that, show.

Tomino was in "no brakes on the sexism train" mode at the time. Reccoa's "blahblahblah somethingsomethingsomething because I am a woman" crap is outright tame compared to Victory's "crapping out kids and keeping the house from falling apart is what all women should be doing".

Seriously, the only Gundam show that comes this close to being sexist is AGE, where literally none of the protags' girlfriends have any plot significance beyond birthing the next protag.

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam: Episode 12, Let's Get Rid Of The Guillotine!
Ok, we start with the group flying towards Arti Gibraltar, when they notices some BESPA fighters getting near.

Uso, that's flying in a fighter, notices them two thanks to his rear-mirror, that he tape in the cockpit.

...Uso had to tape a mirror to see backwards.

Show... are you trying to tell me, that the giant robots don't have a way to show you what the rear-view cameras are showing without having to physically turn yourself?

...That's just wrong.

Anyway, the two carriers that the League has are disguise so they try to tricks the soldiers. People start to get a little nervous though so Uso decide to simply go loud and distract the soldiers, making it look like he's attacking the league carriers.

The plan works.

After losing the fighters, Uso spends a lot of time flying, enough time to have a enjoy the view, take a nap and... mouth washing?

Finally he ends finding a small house in a beach, near a pile of junk. In the house is a friendly old man that may be a little senile that helps Uso hide the fighter and guides him to the nearest library.

With BESPA, it looks like Fuala's reputation isn't in the best place right now, and we see her leaving the base in quite the old clothes and a very old motorbike too... wait, weren't the motorbikes extinct or something?

Man, the lore about motorbikes is pretty inconsistent in this show.

With the League, after some quick deforestation for space the carriers land safely, then Odelo and the others kids run away from work to explore the near town, I would make some snarky comment about work being for loser anyway, but they're mostly kids, they deserve a break.

Shakti senses guide them to Uso and, after deciding that they wanted to find a place to live in this place permanently, Suzy runs away yelling for her sister.

It seems like Suzy's sister looks a lot like Fuala because she mistake her for her sister, fortunately Fuala doesn't know who the kids are so she just continues her way, with the kids following her close behind because of Suzy.

While Suze gets a parfait for her adorability Fuala wonders about the use of the guillotine and if it should be use. But her thoughts are interrupted, by BESPA soldiers bringing a guillotine into town!

The people yells and revolt of course, even with the old man that helped Uso throwing fish at the soldiers, the soldiers respond in a calm and civil way of course, start shooting at the civilians.

Uso manages to rescue the old man and everybody start running away.

Though the old man ends sacrificing himself so Uso could escape from the pursuing BESPA soldiers.

Sad, but we barely knew him so... *shrug*

Uso does gets angry though and runs for his fighter to destroy the guillotine.

Meanwhile, Fuala changes to her uniform and calls down her Recarl to keep and eye on the chaos.

After destroying the guillotine, Uso gets surrounded by BESPA reinforces, but don't fear soon enough Marbet and Oliver arrive with other fighter parts.

The Recarl tries to stop them but Uso manages to destroy the main cannon of the MA using the beam saber while still in fighter mode, you have skills kid.

And so ends the episode, with a small victory for the league and a lost for Uso.

P.S: seriously though, why the hell here's not rear-view for the front!?

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam: Episode 13, Arti Gibraltar, An Empty City
Well... that doesn't sound good.

Everybody has finally arrive at Gibraltar.

Though it looks like Asher was already here for a few days at least. He was talking with the leader of the city, Mandella, when Fuala arrives in her Recarl. Mandella is suspicious that BESPA is planning to do something to his neutral city, but Asher explains that he didn't know that Fuala was coming here.

Mandella ends giving him two tickets for the space shuttle, for him and Katejina, and insists that Asher should leave, now.

Outside Asher meets Uso and Oliver, no hostilities though, just a few questions that are not responded.

After that Uso and Oliver enters Mandella office, and it seems like Mandella knew Uso's parents, he doesn't know where they're right now sadly, though he knows that they went into space and Uso's mother leave a gift for Uso, two tickets for the shuttle.

...So you just assumed that your little kid would eventually leave his home and travel all the way to this specific city? You woman are quite negligent.

After that Mandella "politely" ask Oliver to leave his neutral city too.

And then.

*takes a deep breath*

Staff from the city and Asher ask Fuala to leave because she doesn't have permission to be here, but she refuses because she was following the League that was coming to this city. The two carriers from the league just start arriving and those carriers were disguise with logos from a company in the city so now Asher and Fuala think that the city isn't so neutral anymore and prepare their reinforces to attack. Uso, Oliver and Mandella try to calm down things but Uso is shocked to realize that Fuala is from BESPA, and so are the other kids that just leave the carriers.

Suze cries.

Fuala is confuse.

Mandella gets shoot, but survives.

And everybody prepares to fight.

There, did you get all that?

Oh and Uso has to leave inside one of the Shrike Team's MS so he had to sit on the lap of a pretty lady, Mahalia, and the G forces of the fly pushed his head back making him feel her boobs while she tells him her sad backstory alongside some headpats and a forehead kiss...

Seems like Shakti has someone else to kill.

Right now the League has two objetives. One, not being the first group to attack, they must not give excuses to BESPA so they can fight in the city. And two, they must protect the Mass Driver so they can still go into space.

Of course they blow the first objective, Fuala baits Mahalia with some of the forces that killed that Shrike member last time and so she attacks.

Uso fights against the Recarl with a complete Gundam after taking care of an female soldier that didn't really know when to quit, Fuala doesn't give any mercy, not even after finding out that's Uso the one piloting the Gundam.

After some smart maneuvering and using the legs part of the MS as a ram, Uso has the perfect shoot, but then the cockpit of the Recarl is destroyed, showing the people inside, Uso can't shoot and they escape.

In his distracted state, Uso doesn't notice the MS getting close to him but Mahalei does and she protects him, which results in her dead.

And of course Uso blames himself for it.

Let's take a moment to remember that Uso's parents leave him, which probably means that he has some abandonment issues, let's take another moment to realize that Uso seems to really yearn for female recognition, and so let's take a moment to appreciate how much this is probably destroying him in the inside...

Ok? LEt's move on then.

P.S: damn, Shakti, you work fast.

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam: Episode 14, Attack And Defense At Gibraltar
We start with the Federation helping the League to fight the Zanscare space fleet, what a miracle!

With the BESPA, now that the Federation has officially join forces with the League is of great importance for Fuala to capture Gibraltar, it could even help her reduce her sentence in martial court.

Asher suggest to first try to use a more political approach before violence, but is ignore. He then flies to Gibraltar after calling Katejina, on his way he notices a new MS of the BESPA, the Memedorza... I can hear the jokes already.

Asher tells Katejina to leave to space first when he sees her, he will go later but he doesn't want her to stay where, without a doubt, will be a cruel battle.

With the League, Mandella ordered to make the funerals of those that die during the last attack. Uso and Shakti pay their respects to Mahalei by helping to put lipstick at her corpse... ok.

We then see that our group now knows that the Feds are helping then in space, and that it looks like the Zanscare want to attack Gibraltar from space, but fortunately their fleet are being stopped.

Soon after that Uso decides to go to the space shuttle, hoping to find Katejina, Shakti comes along, so that means so does the baby, the dog and Haro.

In there, Uso does find Katejina that's going into space, he tells her that's too dangerous in space, she tells him that's dangerous everywhere and that he should focus on protecting Shakti, just then BESPA start attacking and Katejina take advantage of the chaos to enter the shuttle and leave.

I get that Uso can look annoying in this scene, but knowing the possibles abandonment issues that he could have, I choose to simply see Katejina as a bitch. I don't know why exactly, it's just something at the way she acts.

Outside the building, Fuala uses the speakers of the Recarl to give an ultimatum, surrender or be destroyed, she has such a gift with words.

Marbet and Oliver go out in some fighters to defend the place, followed by the rest of the Shrike Team.

Of course they have an disadvantage, they're fighting trying to protect the Mass Driver, the BESPA? Not so much.

Uso finally reaches the Victory and goes to help the others. On his way he founds the Memedorza but lets Kate take care of it while he focus on the Recarl.

Again the sadist female BESPA soldier is defeated and escapes, and man she way to cocky for someone that had lose that many times.

During their fight the Memedorza ends destroying part of the Mass Driver and Kate must use her MS to hold the structure up, of course the Memedorza's pilot take this chance, after all, the pilot doesn't need to by alive for the MS to keep its position.

Kate dies.

Uso feels this and goes towards the Memedorza and ends kicking its metallic butt.

Meanwhile, Marbet shoots the Recarl down, Fuala escapes in the escape pod though, which Asher picks with his MS and then he lands on top of the space shuttle just as it start taking off into space.

Fuala is relieve to be alive, but feels uneasy at knowing a trial wait for her.

Back on Earth, of course Uso blames himself for Kate and he and the rest of the Shrike Team cry her dead.

P.S: man that team is dropping like flies!

Last edited:
My pet theory is that it`s actually Katejina, not Chronicle, who is the Char Clone. Chronicle exists mostly as a diversion, and the mask is a red herring. Glemy wasn`t much of a mask wearer either.

...still not as goddamn idiotic as Rey Za Burrel.

Even Rey was more threatening than Chronicle. What's Chronicle's reasoning for wearing the mask? "I don't want to breath the same air as filthy earthlings."

Back