Lessons Learned (Fate/RWBY)

Personally I'd have put Shirou's Bow skill at A or A- with his Sword skill at C+ or B-. Shirou's archery is supposed to be his 'thing,' outside of his Tracing.
I mean, I feel you, but...

Being B ranked in Bows is pretty amazing, considering the theoretical power levels here. Ignoring the broken messes that are our Fading Star and the Titan, our boy Shirou has the highest ranged skill of the teachers. That's nothing to scoff at.

Then again, Dust Magic is broken, soooo...

I mean, I feel you, but...

Being B ranked in Bows is pretty amazing, considering the theoretical power levels here. Ignoring the broken messes that are our Fading Star and the Titan, our boy Shirou has the highest ranged skill of the teachers. That's nothing to scoff at.

Then again, Dust Magic is broken, soooo...
Let's use Cu as a comparison, since he conveniently has both a B and A rank weapon skill. Is Shirou's skill with a bow on par with Cu's skill with a sword, or with a spear?

If you want to go into that, in EMIYA's source material, he is regarded as 'not a hero,' so his parameters are below a normal hero's.

Edit: Not to mention he has no true Noble Phantasm, which detriments his fame, causing him to lack the stats of normal heroes.

Last edited:
There was only one shot that Shirou missed in Archery club, and he actually knew he would miss.

With Shirou, it's not that the shot might miss after the arrow leaves the bow.

It will hit where Shirou visioned it to.

He simply chooses the path his arrow will take. He knows if his shot will hit even before he lets the arrow go.

His archery skill is, to put it simply, absurd for a modern day human in Nasuverse when you think about it :V

But I don't particularly find the B rank Archery to be a problem when you think that his competition are nearly all high tier servants and thus have a 'boost' over him.
I, too, wouldn't mind if it was buffed to A rank, though [/jk]

I would think it would be A rank honestly considering how ridiculously skilled he is with it, comparable to Cu with a spear honestly.

So I went ahead and looked, and there is no Archery skill in the first thread.

But we have more skills than the first one.

And besides, if Counter Force and Hero of Justice boost all parameters, EMIYA might have a situational EX(or A+) at Archery and A at swords :V

Last edited:
Does Shirou still have the Charm on the ladies?

Well, he does have a wife/lover.

So you tell me?

Just noticed, but Karna was the only one without this. @IKnowNothing, was that an accidental omission or does Karna really not have any Personal Skills?

Accidental Omission.

Karna has enough personal skills as it is. His sheet is literal cancer in some aspects.

See, I get why you'd blame me for this, but we've already gotten to the point where I don't even have to give solid advice anymore for additional tragedy. He does it on his own now.
Job well done. :V

I've become one with the darkness. :V

But I don't particularly find the B rank Archery to be a problem when you think that his competition are nearly all high tier servants and thus have a 'boost' over him.
I, too, wouldn't mind if it was buffed to A rank, though :V

Let's use Cu as a comparison, since he conveniently has both a B and A rank weapon skill. Is Shirou's skill with a bow on par with Cu's skill with a sword, or with a spear?

I feel like I should take this point to clear up some confusion.

Shirou is still capable of going against Cu and there is a huge chance that he will come out on top. Going by just numbers, Cu has him beat in almost every category. The one that he doesn't, semblance.

Shirou is capable of increasing his sword skill, his speed, and his endurance through his semblance, along with a variety of other effects.

Currently, Shirou is one of seven people in the world with EX in semblance mastery. His focus was in their because no matter how good he got in a particular combat area there will always be someone better then him. He was on a team with Siegfried, arguably one of the best swordsman on Remnant. He knew his limits. So he put his focus where his team needed it to be.

Even if you guys want to take cannon as an example, Shirou's magic far out shined his skills with a bow. Going so far as to gain access to a reality Marble just from training the one thing he was good at.

The same holds true here.

Shirou was never an exceptional bowman. What he was, was a master of his own soul and dust magic. In comparison, the other people that have EX in their semblances have either cheated, or spent a good hundred years training that part of their person. To achieve complete mastery of your semblance without even hitting 40 is an achievement that will never be seen again.

Shirou put his all into the one thing he was exceptional at, and trained the skills that showed promise.

You guys say that his Archery should be A, but I personally see it as perfect for B.

And besides, if Counter Force and Hero of Justice boost all parameters, EMIYA might have a situational EX at Archery and A at swords :V

I would think it would boost Archery to A+, rather than EX.

Or, actually, it would more accurately be B++. Probably.

Rho knows where it's at.

Even if you guys want to take cannon as an example, Shirou's magic far out shined his skills with a bow. Going so far as to gain access to a reality Marble just from training the one thing he was good at.

I'm sorry, no offense, but I... would have to disagree with that. Shirou's magic was shit. Sure, he works hard despite the fact, and that's admirable, but it's still considered shit. The only reason why his magic could be considered 'good' at magic is because of his Tracing Hax, and Avalon keeping him from dying. And he achieved Reality Marble not because he's good at magic, but because he's broken as a person.

Unless you are at his power-level, there is fuck all you can do to either block him or dodge him.

If I had to guess...

Y'know how Shirou has 9 Personal Skills/Traits?

Karna probably has double that. And they're more disgusting.

I hate Karna.

^

This man is a seer.

Also, who are these six other people? If you can share?

I can't tell you all of them, but two of them are Ozpin and Beacons other headmaster.

I'm sorry, no offense, but I... would have to disagree with that. Shirou's magic was shit. Sure, he works hard despite the fact, and that's admirable, but it's still considered shit. The only reason why his magic could be considered 'good' at magic is because of his Tracing Hax, and Avalon keeping him from dying. And he achieved Reality Marble not because he's good at magic, but because he's broken as a person.
Tell that to all the crazy, broken Magus who dedicated their entire lives researching Reality Marbles.

The only group of people that gets RMs likes it's candy are the Dead Apostle Ancestors, who are not someone you can just measure up to without being exceptional yourself.

Of course after my impassioned speech to play a teacher SV doesn't send me an alert for the teacher vote. :V

I was really hoping we could be the Prince, but still Shirou is fine, and anything involving Cinder can't be bad IMO. Curious how the whole 'Bane of Atlas' plays into the fact we're on a team with Atlas' resident golden child SIegfried.

Tell that to all the crazy, broken Magus who dedicated their entire lives researching Reality Marbles.

The only group of people that gets RMs likes it's candy are the Dead Apostle Ancestors, who are not someone you can just measure up to without being exceptional yourself.

And doesn't that say something about Shirou that the only ones who could do Reality Marble are Dead Apostle Ancestors, who are basically, y'know, fucking vampires on Superman Steroids. Or the occasional Heroic Spirits?

But I digress. Let's drop this before this starts a clusterfuck.

After all these good fics that went downhill, only because of that shitty fanon...

RMs are not for broken people.
You can achieve one just fine.
Just go play with yourself for most of your life and abrakadabra!
And congragulations! Now every Magi wants to tap that ass.
Not in the good way though.

Shirou has UBW because he is a console that only has one exclusive game that has 3 minigames in it called 'Tracing, Reinforcement and Structual Grasp'.

Dude is hardwired to do UBW.

And fuck that fanon.

With a fully charged Brahmastra.

Back