Iron Viking Company Recruitment and Interest Check[CthulhuTech]

So be smart and careful, use teamwork, and we'll manage to mostly survive.
7. Er, I only have the one rulebook, the core one. If you have a rule book that gives some more experimental tech with it, send it my way, I'll look it over.
I have Vade Mecum, Unveiled Threats, Mortal Remains, and Ancient Enemies. I'm fine with not using them, for the most part. Some bits and pieces might be nice, but they're not absolutely critical.

Vade Mecum is basically an expansion of the basics with some extra stuff, like Para Psychics and new monsters. Ancient Enemies focuses on the Tagers and Dhoanoids, and are thus likely not relevant for the most part. Unveiled Threats is pretty much guns, armor, equipment, more guns, vehicles, artifacts, alien guns, more armor, alien armor, deep one armor, and more guns. And a lot of bashing, stabbing, killing type weapons, including variants for both aliens and sanity rending monsters from Below. And Mortal Remains is pretty much a lot of fluff, extra options for both humans and migou, and the Nephilim I mentioned earlier.

To sum up the Nephilim, they're pretty much mini-Engels that you hook your brain up to and control from a distance. They're also experimental and really, really, really, really, just incredibly horrifyingly so, hate the fuck out of their controllers, and anytime anything goes wrong (or just in the course of pure normal operation) go completely berserk and try to kill their handler to the exclusion of anything else.

Still, I'll send you a PM.[/QUOTE]

So be smart and careful, use teamwork, and we'll manage to mostly survive.

I have Vade Mecum, Unveiled Threats, Mortal Remains, and Ancient Enemies. I'm fine with not using them, for the most part. Some bits and pieces might be nice, but they're not absolutely critical.

Vade Mecum is basically an expansion of the basics with some extra stuff, like Para Psychics and new monsters. Ancient Enemies focuses on the Tagers and Dhoanoids, and are thus likely not relevant for the most part. Unveiled Threats is pretty much guns, armor, equipment, more guns, vehicles, artifacts, alien guns, more armor, alien armor, deep one armor, and more guns. And a lot of bashing, stabbing, killing type weapons, including variants for both aliens and sanity rending monsters from Below. And Mortal Remains is pretty much a lot of fluff, extra options for both humans and migou, and the Nephilim I mentioned earlier.

To sum up the Nephilim, they're pretty much mini-Engels that you hook your brain up to and control from a distance. They're also experimental and really, really, really, really, just incredibly horrifyingly so, hate the fuck out of their controllers, and anytime anything goes wrong (or just in the course of pure normal operation) go completely berserk and try to kill their handler to the exclusion of anything else.

Still, I'll send you a PM.
[/QUOTE]

Huh, Unveiled Threats and Mortal Remains sound pretty interesting.

"
Also, noting; the lack of cheat points, 30 attribute points rather than 35, skills not being capped to Adept at the start, are all intentional, correct?
"

Also, how will you be handling character progression?

1. Yes, its all intentional.

2. I'll hand out EXP upon occasion, don't worry.

@WarShipper, mind sending them to everybody else? Those rulebooks have some neat stuff

1. Yes, its all intentional.

2. I'll hand out EXP upon occasion, don't worry.

@WarShipper, mind sending them to everybody else? Those rulebooks have some neat stuff

I think I've heard that Warshipper may want to have Power Armor - so does Power Armored Infantry count towards our mech limit?

Also, is anyone goign Engel? I mean, I'm drawn to consider Mech Pilot, but I don't think mindfuckery and ccomplex mechanics like that is for me with my limited setting experience. And we might need the big guns.

We'll be part of a larger NPC company, correct?

I'm thinking on going as a mechanic. Don't know the setting well, but I always like rolling a mechanic. :D

Did someone said Magic?
Probably not what you're thinking.

Magic in Cthulhutech generally comes down to Ritualism. You can have a vast variety of effects, but they're often extremely limited in scope, take up a ton of resources and time, and rarely ever can be used in the middle of any kind of frantic activity. Slightly more useful for an active lifestyle is summoning stuff to work for you or creating magical items, but those tend to have drawbacks or have to be regularly renewed, and most of the better summoning stuff is illegal and morally repugnant(not necessarily because you have to kill people, but you did tend to need corpses, often the kind that are rather difficult to get a hold of without actively conspiring in their production).

If you want on-the-spot results, go with a Para Psychic. Unfortunately, Para Psychics have their own drawbacks ranging from power backlash, people being paranoid about you, registration....

:\

Ok, that's not as cool as I imagined. Damn, that's nasty. Still have to read the corebook, though. Anyway, thanks for the enlightment.

:\

Ok, that's not as cool as I imagined. Damn, that's nasty. Still have to read the corebook, though. Anyway, thanks for the enlightment.
It's Cthulhutech.

Humans have mastered magic to a degree that it's pretty much synonymous with any regular old science, but it still comes with it's own pitfalls. Often horrendously dangerous ones.

Like I said, though, Para Psychics are what you want for your standard Blast and Mindrape type. Power ranges wildly, but most of them can lead relatively normal lives, depending on what it is their powers are good for. Pyrokinetics are dangerous, but Telepathics are pretty much treated with the same kind of suspicion that you'd reserved for your worst enemy claiming to have been raised from the dead by angels, and please ignore the flames and horns that have sprouted from their head.

Still, all of them have trouble with Backlash. Push your powers too far and you'll start burning Engels to ash, if you don't kill yourself before you're finished.

Don't even ask about Zoners.

Zoners are the ones even the worst of Para Psychics have nightmares of becoming.

Okay, just got to the nephilim section. Alright, @WarShipper, allowing them, and, as this takes place a certain period of time into CthulhuTechs future, going to make using them SLIGHTLY less hazardous, as NEG has had time to improve them.

Okay, just got to the nephilim section. Alright, @WarShipper, allowing them, and, as this takes place a certain period of time into CthulhuTechs future, going to make using them SLIGHTLY less hazardous, as NEG has had time to improve them.

Jacobplm, you may want to nerf Xenomix, or buff Human/Nazzadi. Well... look.

• Racial Abilities – +1 Skill Point, Low-Light Vision,
*Asset: Alluring (1), *Drawback: Misfit (1)
• Recommended Skills – by Profession
• Attribute Modifications – Choose either +1 Agility
or +1 Tenacity

Interested. Need to dig out my PDF's.

I'm especially curious as to how you're going to mix the groups: Engels, Mechs, and normal-ish humans are vastly different in terms of power.

So what does Piloting skill actually do, apart from letting you pilot more types? Does a higher level change your abilities in any way?

So, after reading more of the thread, I'm somewhat confused. Are the miguo still on Earth, or have they been driven back? Because the latter is what you imply in the first post, but the rest of the thread makes it less clear.

Not sure what to be: a Mech pilot would be fun/powerful, but you seem to want more of a power disparity in the group.

So, after reading more of the thread, I'm somewhat confused. Are the miguo still on Earth, or have they been driven back? Because the latter is what you imply in the first post, but the rest of the thread makes it less clear.

Not sure what to be: a Mech pilot would be fun/powerful, but you seem to want more of a power disparity in the group.
Seems things will be mixed. Everyone will probably get their chances to shine, just in different ways or at different times.

EDIT: If a player starts as a Latent Para Psychic, how would you handle Eruption?

Last edited:
This looks interesting. though I'll need a link to the PDF. Before I can do anything about creating a character sheet.

Back