[X] Astraea/Virgo, Goddess of Justice, Innocence, Purity and Precision, Star Maiden
-[X] You gain Charisma, Intelligence, Wisdom and Agility fast, pick up Skills and Attributes fast under the gaze of the stars and gain slight periodic boost to those 4 Attributes.

[X] Ancient Greek, the language of the Grecian city states. (You gain 2 WP and the skill Ancient Greek I)

Well I guess I'll give a reason for Astraea.

Ambassador for a new age: She is the last immortal goddess to ascend to the heavens during the golden age, she only did so because of man's wickedness during the age of iron which led her to go to the skies and becoming the constellation of Virgo but in normal Hellenistic Greek it was thought that she would return from the heavens and bring back the Golden age of man and become it's sole Ambassador/Ruler. This fits with our theme of being very weird/abnormal basically we become the one who will usher a Golden age for humanity as we're born from the stars and man, mutant, hold power of magic and ties to the god's above. A triple hybrid

Star Maiden: Being directly connected to a constellation or a heavenly body like her would do wonders for esoteric and magical capabilities, stuff like supernovas and black holes might be possible (though in the far far far far far far future) since this is marvel we will eventually travel in space and go to other galaxies or universes, we have very high charisma, intelligence, agility and wisdom which means that creation of complex and high tier plans, weapons, spells and other stuff would be insane fitting with our ambassador of the golden age theme.

Purity above all: Astraea is very interesting to explore as a goddess and she as ancestry with a titan and God, Eos goddess of the dawn so we do have a relationship with a pretty good deity, she wouldn't be insufferable and well I'm expecting a lot of good things because of her personality and of course we should be her only child actually.

I just figured out that Demeter, Dike and Persephone we're associated ok some myths to the constellation of Virgo and who is the one that is virgo? Astraea yeah and in some myths she's the daughter of Zeus and Themis.

[X] Astraea/Virgo, Goddess of Justice, Innocence, Purity and Precision, Star Maiden
-[X] You gain Charisma, Intelligence, Wisdom and Agility fast, pick up Skills and Attributes fast under the gaze of the stars and gain slight periodic boost to those 4 Attributes.

[X] Ancient Greek, the language of the Grecian city states. (You gain 2 WP and the skill Ancient Greek I)

Nuh uh! No double voting @LotusPocus

The Dreamscape II Tally
The Tally from all 3 Forums stands as follows (I have culled the repetitive votes made by a user on different forums for fairness):

[32] Ancient Greek, the language of the Grecian city states. (You gain 2 WP and the skill Ancient Greek IV)
[5] Latin, the language of the Roman Empire. (You gain 2 WP and the skill Latin IV)
[3] Both. Knowledge is power. (You lose 2 WP and gain the skills Ancient Greek IV and Latin IV)

[17] Astraea/Virgo, Goddess of Justice, Innocence, Purity and Precision
[1] Hephaestus/Vulcan, God of Blacksmiths and Fire
[15] Hecate/Trivia, Titan Goddess of Magic and Witchcraft
[1] Prometheus, Titan of Forethought and Crafty Counsel
[1] Arete/Virtus, Goddess of Excellence and Virtue
[1] Hypnos/Somnus, God of Sleep
[3] Amphitrite/Salacia, Queen of the Sea
[1] Ares/Mars, God of War

You are a Greek demigod. You are the Child of Astraea, Goddess of Justice, Innocence, Purity and Precision. You gain Endurance, Dexterity, Charisma and Wisdom faster and gain slightly less periodic boosts to those 4 Attributes. You can also access ??? when under the Virgo constellation.

By the way, I modified the Attributes that are beneficial to a child of Astraea to make it more Thematic. Charisma and Wisdom passed, but for the domain of Precision, Dexterity made a better fit than Agility. And finally Endurance instead of Intelligence as the protector of the innocent also needs to be able to take a few hits.

Better luck next time. It looks like the SpaceBattle forum has won this battle. Now chin up, soldier! I will be posting the next threadmark in a few hours as I have to make changes. The comeback tossed all my planning into the trashbin. Thanks a lot, SpaceBattlers!

Last edited:
I have merged The Dreamscape I & II into the first threadmark and have added the Quest Mechanics as well. The Quest Mechanics threadmark will get updated as each new feature is encountered in the quest.

And I hate to sound like a broken record, but the next threadmark will be up in a few hours.

I made an oversight which made me exclude Dyslexia from the protagonist's character sheet. This has been rectified.
Furthermore, I have changed the acquisition of Ancient Greek I to Ancient Greek IV, since Greek demigods have innate knowledge of the language that grants them Dyslexia.

The Dreamscape III
You are the Child of Astraea, Goddess of Justice, Innocence, Purity and Precision.

Ancient Greek IV Skill gained! Reverses effects of Dyslexia Trait when the text is in a Greek dialect. You can understand, speak, write and read Modern Greek. You can also understand, speak and read fragments of Ancient Greek

Demigod Identity gained! Gives +1 in every Attribute every 2 years and +1 Health every year. You also gain the Powers Monster Magnet I, Clear Sight I, Enhanced Senses I and Healing Factor I.

Demigod Power: Monster Magnet I gained. Monsters in your vicinity are alerted to your scent if you attempt to access your divine abilities. Stay wary! Give Monsters +1 weight in Encounter rolls. Get -1 to Agility rolls when attacked by Monsters.

Demigod Power: Clear Sight I gained. You can see through the Mist. Gain +1 to Wisdom rolls when fighting enemies that can use the Mist.

Demigod Power: Enhanced Senses I gained. Your 6 senses are perceptive to danger. Gain +1 to Cunning rolls.

Demigod Power: Healing Factor I gained. You heal faster than normal. You recover 10% of your lost Health when sleeping overnight.

Untrained Wizard Identity gained! Energy Pool is converted to Magical Reserves. The unlocked Magical Reserves have been doubled and there is a gain of +1 per month to boost the Magical Reserve permanently.

Wizard Power: Mystiokinesis I gained! You can shape reality to your will. You can only use a maximum of 5 Magic to cast spells. Magic costs reduced by 0.5%.

20 OP gained! You receive 5 + 5 OP (10) for discovering your Wizard and Demigod Identities and receive a meta reward of 10 OP for an active discussion in the SpaceBattles forums. Now you can invest Origin Points in accelerating the growth of your Attributes, Skills and Powers.

Faction points gained with MoM (10), MACUSA (10), Mount Olympus (10), The Constellations (10) and Mount Othrys (10)!

Your Mutation rate has doubled to +2 every month.

***​

You feel something sparkle from your upper peripheral vision and you look up. 88 idols adorn the vast sky-like ceiling above you. Each idol is black as night and seems to have pinpricks of light on their body that make them look like the sky after dusk. At the center of this congregation of celestials, you notice movement.

And then you can see them. 12 massive idols dancing around each other. You see animals- a lion, a crab, a ram, a goat, a scorpion and even a couple of fish swimming. You see a centaur at the ready, pointing his bow vigilantly at the scorpion. A man with a pitcher is pouring an endless stream of water which somehow moves upwards into the sky ceiling. Then a pair of twins who are playing cards with a lady who notices you and directs you to look towards the center of the sky ceiling where a set of scales, like the kind you see in courts of law, start shining.

The moment you look at the center of all this activity, it is as if a fog has been lifted from your brain. You notice a glowing light emerge from the center, taking the visage of a lady wearing clothes and a shawl draped over her that looked straight out of a history book. She has midnight-black hair dressed in tresses. She looked as if she would be right in place whether it be in Hollywood or as the CEO of an international company. As her figure moves in front of you, you feel like you are being judged for the candies you filched from the kitchen cupboard. She stares at you critically and ponders for a moment, deliberating whether she should speak or not. She then opens her mouth,

"The Star-Maiden's Light trods the earth".

Tremors start shaking the hall you are in. The pedestals start flickering and you feel as if the hall itself is an illusion, with the way it is starting to behave.

"Heralding the Crooked One's rebirth"

At this statement, the walls around you dissolve, leaving you feeling naked in the night sky. Wait, when did it turn to nighttime?

"A half-blood of the eld-"

She does not get to finish as a spear of light smites her where she stands.

"ENOUGH!", the voice from that chided you earlier booms throughout the sky. Only now do you notice that the voice is that of a woman. And this time she is angry.

"YOU CROSS THE LINE, HANDMAIDEN. RETURN TO US AND TEND TO YOUR OWN DUTIES. WE SHALL HAVE WORDS ABOUT THIS LATER."

There is now a crater in the clouds where the medieval-fashioned lady stood earlier. The stern woman who approached you a while ago, pulls herself out of it, her face pale as milk now. She bows in the direction of the voice (how she guessed it you don't know), then hesitates for a second before giving you a jerky nod and then dissipates in a flash of golden light.

Relation with ???, The Handmaiden established! +5 RP gained with The Handmaiden. The Handmaiden is apathetic towards you.

Behind you, someone coughs and you whirl around. All the entities from the scene in the ceiling were standing behind you. You are bemused, not knowing what to say to the bevy of animals, humans and centaur. Thankfully, they look to be in a rush as they nod to you one by one and then disappear in a flash of light. The last one standing appears to be the lady from the card game. She winks at you and then blinks away, like the rest of the group.

Relations with ???, The Diligent established! +15 RP gained with The Diligent. The Diligent is Interested in you.

Now it was only you, standing amidst this vast field of clouds under the night sky. A sudden feeling of warmth begins emanating from your navel. It reminded of you the hugs you gave to your mother, of vanilla brownies, of the cool rains that came after summer. You close your eyes to enjoy this sudden feeling of warmth.

"I am glad that we could finally meet, little one.", you hear the voice speak to you, this time in a softer tone. It sounds quite close by too…

You open your eyes and see a glowing figure whose features are hidden within that luminescence. The black robes she is wearing shimmered with twinkling lights.

"I am afraid that our time in this realm is limited. A prolonged stay can warp your perception of reality. But know this, Child of the Stars, you will always have my favour." She gently musses your hair and you know, instinctively that this too is your mother.

Relation with Astraea (Mother) established! +40 RP gained with Astraea. Astraea now Trusts you.

Demigod Power: A Constellation's Blessing gained! You gain +1 Endurance, Dexterity, Charisma and Wisdom each, every 6 months. Before combat, if you get an 8 by rolling a 1D8, you get a 10% boost to those 4 Attributes.

Astronomy I Skill gained. You will be able to gain your bearings when lost in the night.

You think to yourself that you must be special indeed, to have two mothers. After all, the others have a mum and dad, and they suck in comparison to you. You hear a chuckle from the la…no, your mother, "You are, child of mine. More than anyone can imagine. Now go, be safe, and tell your mother that I remember her still."

A light starts radiating from you as your mother dissolves into glowing orbs of fire. Then they start revolving around you in dizzying orbits until they coalesce into an amulet around your neck.

You gain an Amulet (Unknown). The Amulet looks like the night sky.

Then you start falling. Again. You should start making a habit out of this, you think to yourself cynically. As the descent accelerates, you notice 3 red-coloured globes in your path. Something within them calls out to you. You reach out to them and…

Warning: You are currently at -3 WP. Negative WP causes many choices to be locked out and the character will have a crippling mental state. Having a negative WP before exiting the Dreamscape will also have adverse consequences on the family background.

(You gain +4 WP if you choose one Power, +2 WP, if you choose 2 Powers and no WP if you choose all Powers.)

[x] Choose Demigod Power: Night Vision I (Passive). You see slightly better in the dark. Gain +1 to Attack rolls when fighting in dim environments.

[x] Choose Demigod Power: Precision Strikes I (Passive). If you repeatedly hit the same spot, it does consecutively more damage. You deal 1% more stacking damage with every hit.

[x] Choose Demigod Power: Glow I (Toddler). You can glow like a dim lightbulb. This costs 5 Magic and lasts 3 Combat Turns or 2 minutes outside Combat. Get -3 to Stealth roll, -1 to Advantage roll and -1 to Perception roll.

Your choice made, you can feel the clarity you were feeling in the Dreamscape rushing out of your body. You…we…I…feel the air whipping around me. I thought that this was just a dream? Hey, I can see America from up here. I…he…thinks that now would be an ideal time to start panicking as the ground grows ever closer. The clouds started stinging his skin and his clothing was getting wet due to the exposure. He can see the lights of a city on the eastern coast getting closer and as his eyes closed for the eventual impact, he thinks, 'I did not even get to introduce myself to my starry mom.'

What is the Protagonist's first name?

[x] Romulus, named after the legendary founder of Rome. The name was appreciated by your mortal mother. +10 RP will be assigned to ???.

[x] Phaester, a name that combines the Greek words "phaos" which means light and "aster" which means star, to culminate as "Radiant Star". This name was selected by your divine parent. +5 RP will be assigned to Astraea.

[x] Skotandros, a very unusual Greek name that combines "skot" (darkness) and "andros" (man/warrior) to mean "Dark Warrior". The name was chosen by ???, who wanted to pull Astraea's leg. +5 RP will be assigned to ???.

[x] Write-in a name. Choose a name that has mythological or historical significance to gain RP boosts.

(All reader decisions will be tallied from all 3 forums, 24 hours after the current post. The next threadmark will be based on that tally only.)

(I have also decided to not use Accordion formats for the Character Sheets as it is not viable on all 3 forums. Instead, the character sheet is listed with the Spoiler formatting.)

Character Sheet (An average adult man has Attributes in the range of 16 to 20)
Name: ???

Hair colour: Silver

Eye colour: Amber

Height: 4 ft. 0 in.

Distinguishing marks: None
Identities

Demigod: Gives +1 in every Attribute every 2 years and +1 Health every year. You also have the Traits ADHD and Dyslexia. You gain the Powers Monster Magnet I, Clear Sight I, Enhanced Senses I and Healing Factor I.
Untrained Wizard: Energy Pool is converted to Magical Reserves. The unlocked Magical Reserves have been doubled and there is a gain of +1 per month to boost the Magical Reserve permanently.
Dormant Mutant: You gain +2 Mutation every month.
???

Titles

Doom-Driven: Your Luck is shrouded and its Rolls are inaccessible to you.

Traits

ADHD: Grants +1 to all Combat rolls and -1 malus to Learning rolls for Intelligence and Wisdom Skills.
Dyslexia: Grants you visual impediments when trying to understand languages. -5 malus to Learning rolls for Skills related to Reading, Writing and Spelling.
Decision Points

Will Points: -3
Origin Points: 20

Life Points

Health: 48
Magic: 50
Mutation: 72

Attributes

Endurance: 9
Strength: 9
Agility: 9
Dexterity: 9
Charisma: 9
Cunning: 9
Intelligence: 9
Wisdom: 9
Luck: ???
Skills

Ancient Greek IV (Easy): Reverses effects of Dyslexia Trait when the text is in a Greek dialect. You can understand, speak, write and read Modern Greek. You can also understand, speak and read fragments of Ancient Greek
Astronomy I (Easy): You will be able to gain your bearings when lost in the night.

Powers

Demigod Power: Monster Magnet I (Passive)- Monsters in your vicinity are alerted to your scent if you attempt to access your divine abilities. Stay wary! Give Monsters +1 weight in Encounter rolls. Get -1 to Agility rolls when attacked by Monsters.
Demigod Power: Enhanced Senses I (Passive)- Your 6 senses are perceptive to danger. Gain +1 to Cunning rolls.
Demigod Power: Clear Sight I (Passive)- You can see through the Mist. Gain +1 to Wisdom rolls when fighting enemies that can use the Mist.
Demigod Power: Healing Factor I (Passive)- You heal faster than normal. You recover 10% of your lost Health when sleeping overnight.
Demigod Power: A Constellation's Blessing I (Passive)- You gain +1 Endurance, Dexterity, Charisma and Wisdom each, every 6 months. Before combat, if you get an 8 by rolling a 1D8, you get a 10% boost to those 4 Attributes.
Wizard Power: Mystiokinesis I (Passive)- You can shape reality to your will. You can only use a maximum of 5 Magic to cast spells. Magic costs reduced by 0.5%.
Astraea: 40 (Trust)
The Diligent: 15 (Interest)
The Handmaiden: 5 (Neutral)
Mount Olympus: 10
Magical Congress of the United States of America: 10
Ministry of Magic: 10
The Constellations: 10
Mount Othrys: 10
Inventory

Amulet (Unknown)- It looks like the night sky.

Last edited:
[x] Choose Demigod Power: Precision Strikes I (Passive). If you repeatedly hit the same spot, it does consecutively more damage. You deal 1% more stacking damage with every hit.
Stacks. Got to love stacks.
[x] Skotandros, a very unusual Greek name that combines "skot" (darkness) and "andros" (man/warrior) to mean "Dark Warrior". The name was chosen by ???, who wanted to pull Astraea's leg. +5 RP will be assigned to ???.
I suggested a contrast theme for the character on SB. To contrast the parent. It's a good theme.

Edit: Turns out, there is a much cooler name.
Nikolaos.

Last edited:

The Dreamscape III Tally
The Tally from all 3 Forums stands as follows:

[2] You chose to have no Powers. +6 WP
[22] You chose to have 1 Power. +4 WP
[1] You chose to have 2 Powers. +2 WP

[2] Choose No power.
[8] Choose Demigod Power: Night Vision I (Passive).
[14] Choose Demigod Power: Precision Strikes I (Passive).
[2] Choose Demigod Power: Glow I (Toddler).

[1] Romulus
[7] Phaester
[3] Skotandros
[11] Write-in a name.
[1] Damion​
[5] Nikolaos​
[2] Pythagoras​
[1] Sirius​
[1] Hector​
[1] Kassandros​
[3] No name chosen

You have chosen the Demigod Power: Precision Strikes I (Passive), gain +4 WP and are named Nikolaos, which means "Champion of the people". You gain +5 RP with Astraea.

Note: Yes, I had to roll a D12 because although the Write-in option got the majority, the actual majority for a name was Phaester.

Last edited:
Back