Good Omens Mini-Series on Amazon

Amusingly I always thought Neil and Terry could have BEEN the two angels very easily. :D

So are they going to warp this story in a super serial wannabe prestige show glorified soap opera or not?

Gaiman did the adaptation for the six episodes and is the showrunner, according to the article. And is an executive producer, but who cares about that.

Or in other words, this is probably the adaptation in the best hands I have ever seen.

Executive Producer is often as not a bullshit title; it can mean anything from "Ur-God of the show past which all must pass" to "eats doughnuts halfway across the country on the production budget's dime."
Gaiman tends to in the middle but uses his power for good. The reason HBO lost American Gods is because they wanted to cast a white guy as Shadow, stuff like that is why he stays as a producer on most projects

The Miniseries is out now, and it is wonderful, the kind of wonderful you get when you have one of the original writers as Executive Producer and the other writer as a spectral voice going "You want to cut this scene? No sir, we're not doing that."

Article:
"Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's sprawling fantasy novel was notorious within the film and TV industries. Screenwriters turned their noses up at the project, and various attempts over the years to bring page to screen ended in disappointment."

But, according to Gaiman, one of Pratchett's last requests was that the novel be adapted for the screen.

"[Pratchett said] 'You have to make it into television because I want to see it before the lights go out,'" explained Gaiman at the premiere.

"I said OK, figuring I had six or seven years of Terry left. And then he died, which suddenly turned into a last request."

Gaiman took on the task of adapting the story himself - giving the project a stamp of approval that helped it attract some stellar names to the cast.

It's out on DVD from BBC, so if you want a physical copy, there ya go.

(No Blu-Ray? Or at least I saw none.)

I was a lot younger when I read the book, and it's been a long time, but I actually liked the show more than I remember liking the books.

I also don't remember Crowley and Az being in love with each other (which could just be because I was younger) but I really liked it in the show. Honestly the romance was what kept me invested, far more than the wacky screw ups and the antichrist stuff

I also don't remember Crowley and Az being in love with each other (which could just be because I was younger) but I really liked it in the show. Honestly the romance was what kept me invested, far more than the wacky screw ups and the antichrist stuff

If it was in the book, I was too young to see it. Or it was really, really subtexty. *lol*

I was a lot younger when I read the book, and it's been a long time, but I actually liked the show more than I remember liking the books.

If it was in the book, I was too young to see it. Or it was really, really subtexty. *lol*

Given that the book regularly cracked jokes about how blatant the subtext was ("Mutually consenting bicycle repairmen", anyone?) I'm pretty sure you two just happened to miss it.

Good Omens II
journal.neilgaiman.com

Really bloody excellent omens...

Many, many years ago (it was Hallowe'en 1989, for the curious, the year before Good Omens was published) Terry Pratchett and I were sharing...

ew.com

Michael Sheen, David Tennant to reunite for 'Good Omens' season 2

It's a holy miracle: Neil Gaiman is officially making 'Good Omens' season 2, featuring Michael Sheen and David Tennant.

Per Gaiman's website, they're making a second season based off of Gaiman and Pratchett's plans for a sequel that the two became too successful to ever get around to collaborating on. Gaiman still involved.

Season one was a perfect adaption of one of my favorite books and the added material in that was spot on, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

variety.com

Derek Jacobi, Mark Gatiss Return for ‘Good Omens’ Season 2, Siân Phillips Cast

Derek Jacobi and Mark Gatiss return to 'Good Omens' season 2, which also welcomes Siân Phillips to the cast.
Also returning to the series are Mark Gatiss ("Sherlock"), Steve Pemberton ("The League of Gentlemen"), Reece Shearsmith ("Inside No. 9") and Niamh Walsh ("The English Game").

The show, which is directed by Douglas Mackinnon (Mackinnon and Gaiman act as co-showrunners), has also added "Dune's" Siân Phillips, Tim Downie ("Outlander"), Pete Firman ("The Magicians"), Andi Osho ("I May Destroy You"), and Alex Norton ("Taggart").

Season 2 is currently shooting in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is produced by Amazon Studios, BBC Studios Productions, The Blank Corporation, and Narrativia.

Back