Good Omens Mini-Series on Amazon

www.theverge.com

Good Omens season 2 hits Prime Video in July

A good omen for the summer.
... Amazon announced that season 2 of the show will start streaming on Prime Video on July 28th. Series co-creator Neil Gaiman will return as executive producer and co-showrunner, and much of the main cast is back as well. That includes leads Michael Sheen and David Tennant, alongside the likes of Jon Hamm, Doon Mackichan, and Gloria Obianyo.

Joining the original cast are new faces, including Liz Carr as angel Saraqael, Quelin Sepulveda as angel Muriel, and Shelley Conn as demon Beelzebub.

Oh my, a new trailer came out!

This... Is not where I was expecting anything to go from when I first heard about it. Gives a different perspective to the 2-minute preview with Muriel too.

So like, I know the first season was pretty good... Why is there a second season again? I thought season 1 pretty much covered the whole book.

So like, I know the first season was pretty good... Why is there a second season again? I thought season 1 pretty much covered the whole book.

As stratigo said, yes, they had a few ideas for a second book. I believe the content that would have been that book is going to be season 3--season 2 is bridging the gap to get us there. Presuming, of course, a third season gets greenlit. Found an article that discusses the subject a little more.

Ended up binging through season 2 in a single night, which was not the best idea in hindsight - each of the six episodes are 40 minutes, which left me up til 2am. Enjoyed it greatly, and dearly hope we get a third season, after how this entire mess ended.

Honestly it felt a bit disjointed, and the ending was... unfufillling.

I missed the narrator, I think her being missing is probably going to be a plot point in the hypothetical season 3.

Edit: I was still a good time overall, didn't realize how negative this came off until after I posted it.

Last edited:
Personally I loved the ending.

That said, I'm a lover of angst and tragedy, and I'd heard going in that this was supposed to set-up for season 3, so I figured it'd mostly be concerned with. Well. Setting-up, and how unfulfilling that can sometimes feel. Also I got spoilered a teensy bit which likely helped me fortify myself, though The Event still hurt when I saw it. A good hurt for me, though.
That said! I can definitely see why someone would call it unfulfilling. That might've been a little deliberate, so personally I don't mind. I think I am banned from minding, as I've done similar things in my own web novels. I don't blame anyone else for minding, I admit I may be the weird one here.

That said, I've seen a lot people picking up on interesting bits of potential foreshadowing. Yours is another interesting potential, King208. Thank you kindly for sharing.

Personally I loved the ending.

That said, I'm a lover of angst and tragedy, and I'd heard going in that this was supposed to set-up for season 3, so I figured it'd mostly be concerned with. Well. Setting-up, and how unfulfilling that can sometimes feel. Also I got spoilered a teensy bit which likely helped me fortify myself, though The Event still hurt when I saw it. A good hurt for me, though.
That said! I can definitely see why someone would call it unfulfilling. That might've been a little deliberate, so personally I don't mind. I think I am banned from minding, as I've done similar things in my own web novels. I don't blame anyone else for minding, I admit I may be the weird one here.

That said, I've seen a lot people picking up on interesting bits of potential foreshadowing. Yours is another interesting potential, King208. Thank you kindly for sharing.
The monkey's paw trolling the fandom thing didn't bother me. As much as I adore them both and feel it would absolutely work character wise, I've never personally had any emotional investment in the ship itself, but that scene still hurt to watch. A credit to the actors and director for pulling that off.

'Good Omens' Renewed for Third and Final Season at Amazon

Article:
The third and final season of "Good Omens" will begin filming soon in Scotland.

"I'm so happy finally to be able to finish the story Terry and I plotted in 1989 and in 2006," Gaiman said in a statement accompanying Amazon's "Good Omens" Season 3 renewal announcement Thursday. Gaiman, who has a first-look deal with Amazon MGM Studios, continues as executive producer, writer and showrunner for "Good Omens" Season 3. Rob Wilkins of Narrativia, representing Pratchett's estate, and BBC Studios Productions' head of comedy Josh Cole also executive produce.

Huzzah. I did feel season 2 ended on a clifffhanger, so I'm glad to hear the story shall get a satisfactory conclusion.

Huzzah. I did feel season 2 ended on a clifffhanger, so I'm glad to hear the story shall get a satisfactory conclusion.
He did say that season 2 was basically just a bridge to get to the sequel idea he and Terry had workshopped that was to be adapted in season 3. I actually havent watched season 2 yet as a result - after hearing it was just a way to get to season 3 I want to wait for 3 to come out so I can treat them as one long cohesive season.

variety.com

‘Good Omens’ Season 3 to Consist of One 90-Minute Episode, Neil Gaiman Not Involved in Production

The third and final season of "Good Omens" will be just one episode and will move forward without Neil Gaiman, Variety has learned.
... Prime Video has confirmed that Season 3 will consist of one 90-minute episode, with production expected to resume in early 2025 in Scotland. According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, Gaiman had contributed to the writing of the series finale, but he will not be working on the show once production resumes. He is also no longer listed among the show's executive producers for the final episode.

What it sounds like is "we can't continue making this with the scandal, but we've invested too much to just abandon the project, so try to make a releasable product out of what we've got done already before our main writer became radioactive".

Back