Friendship is Mothgic

....Why am I now imagining Danny and/or Annette triggering from the stress of raising several parahuman children?
Well, if you read back over their discussion with Amy's father, there was a subtle implication from Annette that she was in that circle but dropped it when she got out of Lustrum's group. Given the urges most Powered individuals seem to have in Worm, if she does have an ability it might've been either tacked on by a biotinker in Lustrum's camp, or possibly Lustrum bought several low power vials from Cauldron.

QA obviously seems to have switched attention to the very imaginative daughter of it's original choice for Host, but I could see a bud being donated just because it would make Best Host feel better if Former Host could share in the experience. And with all that going on, Shaper's definitely going to get some interesting additional options when Amy's turn for connection comes around.

@Strawberry This story is adorable, adorkable, horrifying and adorifying in equal measure.

posted this in the Nemesis thread, but thought it might get some love over here too. young Taylor from this story would totally have a plushie like this right??

Well there's something that is nearly as adorable as a Corgi!

Backup and the fact that they're both very enthusiastic baby heroines taking very enthusiastic walks

At some point we better get a scene where Pigott tells our three adorifying heroes to go for a walk, preferably against the travelling murderhobos 9.

Last edited:
Everyone wants the adorifying trio to 'take a walk'

But they will need adult/Older Ward supervision during said walk....

which ally is getting the Trauma hammer or popcorn?

My Vote is either Assault cause standard
or straight man Armsy.

Armsmaster is enabling and encouraging her insect collecting habits which can only end in hilarity and Asian giant hornets going up some villain's nose.

Hold on! I just realized something.

Taylor is eight here. Fifteen minus eight is seven. And I'm pretty sure canon says Bonesaw joined the Nine "six years ago."

We're before Bonesaw! Heck, we may be before Mannequin or Siberian, depending on the timeline…

Taylor is eight here. Fifteen minus eight is seven. And I'm pretty sure canon says Bonesaw joined the Nine "six years ago."

We're before Bonesaw! Heck, we may be before Mannequin or Siberian, depending on the timeline…
Not quite:
Primary divergences - Missy triggers a few years earlier, Taylor, Amy and Vicky are all three years younger at least so they are around the same age as Missy, and Taylor triggers with her canon powers. Annette isn't dead. Beyond that you'll need to read the story!

Though that doesn't prevent Riley's timeline getting shifted. Or her ending up elsewhere, and ending up dodging the SH9.

The nine come to visit, just after recruiting Bonesaw.
Emily: "Unleash the Giggle"
1 hour later the nine flee in terror and Brokton has a new ward.

Last edited:
Oh, don't worry~

There's plans for the Nine. And Riley.

And I'm glad I've got the cheerful kids written right. I'm just happy with how easily I can write TWV (Taylor Word Vomit).

posted this in the Nemesis thread, but thought it might get some love over here too. young Taylor from this story would totally have a plushie like this right??

AAAaaaaaaaa she's definitely getting one, and it's gotta be a rosy maple moff, too.

It won't be much of a spoiler as I bet people have realised already, but her secret identity is basically going to be paper thin, because she just loves moffs too much.

@Strawberry This story is adorable, adorkable, horrifying and adorifying in equal measure.

Well there's something that is nearly as adorable as a Corgi!

At some point we better get a scene where Pigott tells our three adorifying heroes to go for a walk, preferably against the travelling murderhobos 9.

Piggot is going to be well aware that she has won the biggest windfall in the history of the Protectorate: she has cute, friendly, PR-amazing heroines who are adorable and sell merch like you wouldn't believe, but also are the most scary and effective ones ever because no one expects the cheerful kids to turn a villain's life into a literal horror movie

or straight man Armsy.

Armsmaster is the straight man in a lot of things. Assault has popcorn.

Triumph is still in charge of the Wards.

Pity him.

A preview:

Emily Piggot, Director of the East-North-East division of the Parahuman Response Team, stared at the four figures standing in front of her desk. Two of them were high-fiving and giggling amongst themselves and the third was standing, palm firmly planted on the faceplate of the lion-themed helmet. The fourth stood there with a shit-eating grin plastered underneath his red visor and butter stains on his fingers.

Armsmaster is enabling and encouraging her insect collecting habits which can only end in hilarity and Asian giant hornets going up some villain's nose.

If there's someone who understands obsessions it's Armsy, and that hers will be useful is another tick on the box.

I can neither confirm nor deny allegations of there being giant pink and yellow Asian hornets later in the story.

Alas, as someone has pointed out, timeline-wise we're in 2011. Taylor's been aged down, along with Missy and Amy, and a few others.

or straight man Armsy.
My thought is that Armsy is too smart to make himself "responsible" for whatever happens, and Assault wants to watch it happen from a distance. I'll note that we haven't seen Dauntless yet, and Armsy would be all for traumatizing the cape that is slated to replace him.

The internet is really something. soon as I screenshot that toy and post it here, the internet shows me more moth-related stuff. like this sewing pattern on how to make your own moth... which also has patterns for a rosy maple moth.

cholyknight.com

New Shop Pattern & Sale! Moth & Butterfly Plush 🦋

Hello everyone! I’ve got a new plush pattern I’ve added to my shop! I’ve had a handful of requests for various moth & butterfly species over the years, and they’ve gradu…

And next may or june, when the Cicadas wake up, Armsmaster is going to get a warning about it and immediately hit an alert.

Because the SKREEEEEEEEEE SKREE SKREE SKREE SKREE! will be the sound all villains in Brockton Bay learn to fear.

I can neither confirm nor deny allegations of there being giant pink and yellow Asian hornets later in the story.
I thought Taylor said her favorite colors were pink, yellow and black?
Asian giant hornets are already two of her three favorite colors, without adding pink.

On an unrelated note, is any of this story inspired by Headpats?

Back