FFTaylor [Worm - Alt!Power Taylor - Crossover]

equipment I had obtained from the Other World

Oh, this is interesting. So her power isn't so much FFT, but the ability to go to FFT and be the main character?

My silly power still wouldn't let me "equip" them both automatically, but if I placed the ribbon manually after equipping the armor it worked. Crazy power... as if wearing a small hair ribbon would actually preclude me from putting anything else on my head.

As someone who's gotten annoyed about this fact before: YES!

"Be careful with your answer," he warned, "This conversation is continually being recorded to an offsite location."

Huh, giving her a warning not to incriminate herself, that's surprisingly thoughtful.

I couldn't stop myself, I had to make him understand.

And this won't backfire at all...

[A Few Paragraphs Later]

It didn't backfire. I wasn't expecting that.

I nodded at Armsmaster, and he continued. "Honestly, with Lung dead and his men free to spread the story of what happened, this whole situation is going to explode." He snorted at his own words for some reason. "But. If we work quickly, and get you into the Wards, I think we might be able to keep the other two capes in the ABB from retaliating against you too harshly."

You have no idea how hard it is right now to resist making a joke about Bakuda having an explosive temper.

There's a reason why government and rule of law still stands, even when the ratio of heroes to villains is worse than three to one.

I've heard this quote put in different ways in different stories. But when you put it like this, it's actually a good pitch.

I doubted that any of the kids in the Wards would be too objectionable; they were heroes after all. And it's not like Bakuda would be stupid enough to specifically target a hero or go on a rampage because of Lung's death.

I see Murphy's going to be busy.

You know what, just to buck the trend, I'm going to predict that Sophia isn't going to be a huge problem. Taylor just took down Lung and Gure, that has to earn major points in her Bitch-Book (now on sale for $9.99). I could see her going for the entire "Punch me and where even" route (unless getting to punch her becomes a regular thing (*cough*cough*sparring*cough*cough), I don't see Taylor going for this. And even then...).

This is interesting.

Though I have to say, killing even a Ward is not going to earn someone an automatic kill order any more than killing any person earns someone an automatic death penalty. Kill orders are for extreme cases where people are too dangerous to be left alive. Bakuda is a tinker that can be deprived of materials. She would go to the Birdcage as she did in canon.

This is interesting.

Though I have to say, killing even a Ward is not going to earn someone an automatic kill order any more than killing any person earns someone an automatic death penalty. Kill orders are for extreme cases where people are too dangerous to be left alive. Bakuda is a tinker that can be deprived of materials. She would go to the Birdcage as she did in canon.

Oh, yes! Armsmaster is definitely simplifying things, and overplaying how much protection he can offer Taylor in the Wards. He's just found a new trigger who, on her first night out, killed Lung with little effort... And then captured an entire team of capes for an encore. Then this new girl casually drops the bomb that not only does she have several widely different powers, one of them is a healing ability that can completely fix up a large number of people all at once. He's pulling out all the stops to get her on board, this is an incredibly valuable cape.

Oh, yes! Armsmaster is definitely simplifying things, and overplaying how much protection he can offer Taylor in the Wards. He's just found a new trigger who, on her first night out, killed Lung with little effort... And then captured an entire team of capes for an encore. Then this new girl casually drops the bomb that not only does she have several widely different powers, one of them is a healing ability that can completely fix up a large number of people all at once. He's pulling out all the stops to get her on board, this is an incredibly valuable cape.
One thing is bugging me. Why didn't she just Raise Lung?

While the timing of getting Raise varies from game to game, exactly zero of them grant Curaga before Raise. It's possible to have Curaga and not Raise in a few, such as FFIX, but in order to do so you would need to intentionally NOT learn Raise.

Taylor which starts with the Lung fight. And she's got some incredibly Overpowered abilities that lets her murder Lung
Kill baseline Lung, it wouldn't do much if he was even ramped to the point he was at the end of the canon fight let alone the Levi fight.
More useful and powerful than the Triumvirate out the door. Wow. Never seen that before! (Sarcasm)
She seems to have been grinding. Also the Triumvirate is still stronger at what they do for the most part eidolon gets stronger powers it seems even if Taylor has more odd effects to throw out but thats like saying day one skitter is stronger than the Triumvirate because she can control more bugs and has multitasking, its comparing things that don't compare well. The only one she compares to well is Eidolon and even then it looks like a problem with her being focused on different things in her choice of powers, Eidolon has been known to have alot more range/aoe than much I can think of in FFT.
Jesus fucking christ, it can't be that difficult to do something original, can it?
....this is fanfiction non of its original depending on how you view it, and it's still a hell of alot more original than 99.9% of fanfiction or even alot of original fiction.
Why is she even out there fighting Lung? I mean, what the hell? She's literally one of the most important people to live what with her healing abilities. She shouldn't logically be in that streetcorner when she can be revered and loved as another Miracleworker.
Taylor isn't the type to do that, certainly not at this point in canon. She wants to go out and be a hero not sit in a room fixing the symptoms.
Railroading. No creativity. Boring.
Wrong. Lazy. Dumb.
You seem bad at reviewing
but when I even see Armsmaster doing the ridicilous 'You gonna fight me' introduction (For the 67th time, get real man) when the character doesn't look like an evil villain it takes the cake. Or how you're overplaying his seemingly social incompetence.
Covering his bases, you need to be careful in the bay. Also don't need to if they don't look bad? That's like saying politicians are clean cut so they cant be corrupt. If there's never been a villan who dressed like a hero I'll eat may hat.

In conclusion your review was flawed, wrong and pointless in its unessesary acidic nature.

Anyway love that chapter.

Lung has become the Guiche of Worm fanfiction.
Now I want someone to write a ZnT thing where Louise summons Lung!

On topic now: Taylor seems a little OP, but the explanation that her actual power is "Like The Gamer, Sort of but also Final Fantasy flavored" means that unless she vanished for weeks on end to "grind" then she will plateau.

I like Armsmaster's reaction to what happened. He came in, saw Lung was dead, got ready for a fight, found out she wanted to be a hero, and quickly realized how utterly f#$ked she and the city were about to be. Loads of people try to paint him as a massive gloryhound from the get go, but he only ever did that in canon when the repercussions seemed to be little to none (at least in his flawed opinions at the time).

Overall, I liked it.

Keep in mind a kill order isn't legal permission for capes to kill them it is putting a giant bounty on their heads and inviting all kinds of villains, heroes and mercenaries into the city to kill them while the Protectorate tries contain the damage of the monster they have summoned.

The fact the PRT has no levels of force permission between that and absolutely no lethal force ever is a major institutional oversight.

Not in FFT. "Dead" is a status effect there, and Raise explicitly cures "Dead".

That said, I was half-expecting a Galaxy Stop, not changing jobs mid-battle.
Translation. I don't have WotL to check but if you're referencing the original there were a number of liberties taken, especially to fit names in the appropriate lengths and so on. It's actually KO for the entire series. (See also any number of friendly deaths in the actual game. Anything in battle is KO because they were prepared for the hit or whatever. Most of the time in a cutscene they just got exploded or instantly died or whathaveyou so someone can't just run over and Phoenix Down them.)

So overall I liked the story.

Some good things were that you skipped the locker and Taylor figuring out to use her power. You also did a good job on Armsmaster, he is not the evil robot so many fics make him out to be. He handled the situation with Taylor in a clam reasonable way that you would expect from a team leader and a hero with years of experience. You also did a good job with the fight. You had Taylor take Lung out with a big attack right away making it much more believable that she could kill him in 1 hit.

Some bad things are that you started with the Lung fight. its not the worst thing to happen and you handled the fight well but to me and some others anther Lung fight no matter how good is just eh. Taylor also picked the right power to stop all the villains. Maybe have Taylor pick a power that should work but weird power reactions lets the weaker player gain the upper hand for a bit. Just something to make the fight seem a bit more even.

Some maybe be bad/good things. Taylor has a OP power. This is fine and stories can work just fine with a OP Taylor. You just have to make it not be a curbstomp or have the story focus on things other then just cape fights. If Taylor joins the wards be careful how you handle Taylor finding out about Sophia and please skip any power testing scenes. They have been done to death and even good ones turn boring.

Last edited:
Non-contributive, rude shitposting. Please don't do this kind of thing in the future. Have some points as a reminder.
Kill baseline Lung, it wouldn't do much if he was even ramped to the point he was at the end of the canon fight let alone the Levi fight.

She seems to have been grinding. Also the Triumvirate is still stronger at what they do for the most part eidolon gets stronger powers it seems even if Taylor has more odd effects to throw out but thats like saying day one skitter is stronger than the Triumvirate because she can control more bugs and has multitasking, its comparing things that don't compare well. The only one she compares to well is Eidolon and even then it looks like a problem with her being focused on different things in her choice of powers, Eidolon has been known to have alot more range/aoe than much I can think of in FFT.

....this is fanfiction non of its original depending on how you view it, and it's still a hell of alot more original than 99.9% of fanfiction or even alot of original fiction.

Taylor isn't the type to do that, certainly not at this point in canon. She wants to go out and be a hero not sit in a room fixing the symptoms.

Wrong. Lazy. Dumb.
You seem bad at reviewing

Covering his bases, you need to be careful in the bay. Also don't need to if they don't look bad? That's like saying politicians are clean cut so they cant be corrupt. If there's never been a villan who dressed like a hero I'll eat may hat.

In conclusion your review was flawed, wrong and pointless in its unessesary acidic nature.

Anyway love that chapter.

Shut up.

Just a thought but aren't there spells to cure Stop effects? She may be able to fix greyboys mess...or TP in Ribbon no sell the loop and TP people out.

So...if you were going to be childish about someone disagreeing with you what's the point of replying? They gave you fair counter points to your review so I believe that you should at least address those, or better yet not respond to it whatsoever.

It's fine if your a troll or something since every site needs one, but if you make it this obvious it takes the fun out of it!

You know it's been a while since I read a good old Lung-stomp. It's a hell of a lot better than the locker at least.

I'm enjoying it so far OP, so keep up the good work! :)

Back