F.E.A.R Itself (HEAT Playtest quest! Also, F.E.A.R Sequel Quest!)

Yeah no the case file for this is gonna look ludicrous for those not in the know.

"So there was what again?"
"Vampires, werewolves, animated murder dolls, and zombies"
"Oh don't forget the ever haunting revenant."
"The what now?"
*Lights flicker*
"The nothing got ya"

You push yourself up. "Dr. Acula went running," you say, licking your lips.
Quality reference!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913aE-nh5rc
The figure takes another step forward. You can hear whispering, hissing voices at the edge of your hearing. Your skin rises in prickling little goosebumps and you want to tear your eyes from the glass - but you can't stop watching, your eyes wide. The slowness of it only adds to the feeling of building...wrongness. The figure has moved close enough that you can almost see...hints of bedraggled hair. Naked and scrawny. Thin, long fingers. They reach out towards the vampire, who is recoiling, stepping backwards. He turns, then, and his face mashes against the glass.

His terror is all too human.

"Let me in! Please! Don't-...DON'T LET HER! DON'T!"

His palms mashed against the glass, slamming home. A fingernail broke against the bulletproof glass, smearing black blood. You went to the door, without thinking, grabbing the knob.

It was cold.

So cold.

The window went black. Something bubbled around your feet and you sprang back with a cry - as black blood flowed underneath the seal.
Well. This is fine.
Tracy, though, reaches forward, and tugs open your vest.

Two gleaming glass vials are tucked into the empty pockets there, one labled with a BDX- and the other with a 2-XD-, their last letters cut off by the line of your pockets. You jerk your vest back, your face feeling cold.

"...another favor, huh?" Albert says.
It's sweet that mom is looking out for us. Well. Sweet slash terrifying.

I don't know anything about the FEAR universe except Alma = scary, but I had a lot of fun with this quest!

Bit late to the party, but yeah, this was amazing. Looking forward to whatever you do next!

Well, if you want more HEAT, I'm doing another ostensible playtest (but really, I just like my own system.)

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

TOTAL ANNIHILATION: HEAT (HEAT Playtest and Total Annihilation Quest) Mature - Sci-Fi - Action

What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machine has escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The CORE and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides now crippled beyond repair, the...

Back