Endless Pantheon: God's Blood [Stargate/Dresden Files]

Epilogue
The sun kissed my face as I leaned on the railing on the catwalk outside Buyan's Throne Room. The cool air felt crisp against the patchwork skin that had grown back over my face, slowly but surely returning me to my former - if still inhuman - appearance. Now that the mantle wasn't in overdrive focusing on immediate combat it had returned to its former role of repairing me in the background.

Only time would tell if it ever healed my face completely.

"You're going to have to try to activate it eventually, you know." Spoke the elegant man standing next to me as he pulled at his long strands of braided beard. "The people of Nekheb are afraid to leave their houses for fear of the ill omen that hangs above their heads."

"I don't have a great history with mystical thrones." I replied, just enjoying the simple pleasure of watching the birds fly around Buyan. There were too many of them flying at this altitude, so at least some of them were spies for Summer, but they were no less pretty for that. "And I'm not the only option - not any more."

"Ammit won't go anywhere near the control throne that governs this city." Enlil shuddered as though remembering something distinctly unpleasant. "She detests this place. Given the option she would have us fling it into the sun."

"It's my responsibility." I shook my head, listening to Traitor's Bane as it gave regular reports on the Jaffa moving around the City. The Genius Loci was unable to see through Buyan's wards as it would have been able to see into a Goa'uld craft, but it was able to follow my soldiers as they systematically explored the city. "She doesn't need to be here."

"I suppose she already got all that she wanted out of the city." Enlil replied, his voice somewhat muted by facing in the opposite direction. I didn't need to look to know what he was looking at. The Brute Squad Wizards, frozen in time, were the only thing that could have stolen his focus to that degree. Enlil hadn't said anything but I knew he lusted for a Hok'tar body. I wasn't going to be able to delay that issue forever. He clicked his tongue twice then spoke in a voice of measured calm. "Lord Warden - there is an issue that we need to discuss. One that I cannot continue to delay given that I now know that it was inexperience rather than some sort of master plan that caused it."

"Enlil - does it have to be now?" I really wasn't ready for this conversation. I had a half assed plan at best for how to ethically get the Goa'uld hosts.

"I'm afraid so, Lord Warden." Enlil replied apologetically. "Please understand that I truly do understand the aversion a man has to dealing with his wives, but there is really only so long that I can continue to provide excuses."

"I don't have a - " I stopped as Enlil's words caught up to me. "My what?"

"As the Lord of Nekheb you took over all of Heka's property, including his wives. System Lord Law is very clear on this matter." Enlil pulled out a data pad from his pocket and started flipping through files on it. "How you deal with your marriage to the Priestesses of Nekheb is really your business - "

"I'm married to the Priestesses?" I managed not to yell, but only because I was too horrifed to raise my voice. "All of them?"

"Well, yes." Enlil snorted. "I'll admit that it's a bit Greek for my taste but Heka was obsessively possessive of his clergy. Really it's the Goa'uld wives who are of more interest to me. You have obligations to them as husband which must be fulfilled."

I have never been so relieved for a Jaffa to signal potential danger across the communications net. "I'm afraid I'm needed elsewhere, Enlil. The Jaffa need me."

"You can't put this off forever Warden!" Enlil bellowed as I sprinted away from him, following the path my Jaffa traveled. The were on the second spoke of the snowflake, the one on the opposite side from the library I'd crash-landed the chariot into. Ammit had been guiding my Jaffa in the safety protocols for exploring a Gate Builder facility. Given that they boiled down to "touch nothing" and "if you see anything of interest, call the Lord Warden" it had been slow going. Safe but slow, I'd had enough excitement for the week, thank you very much.

It took me about thirty minutes to reach the far spoke on foot, there was supposedly a teleportation system but I'd forbidden anyone the use of it until we'd verified that the ancient system still worked properly. I didn't need anyone half-teleported and all the way dead. I was glad for the walk. Now that there wasn't a monster trying to murder me in the city, I was actually enjoying the beauty of Buyan.

"Lord Warden." The Ancient Jaffa from my personal guard saluted me. "You're not going to believe what we found."

"Honestly I'm just amazed you got a door open, Koschei's final protocols have prevented us from getting into anything of importance." I scratched at the patchy flesh over my face. It itched painfully and flaked off whenever I started using magic. "I didn't think anything we had could even put a dent in those doors."

"We didn't try to put a dent in them." The Jaffa replied, holding up a Goa'uld wrist computer. "But Shal'mok had the idea that if our computers were based off of Gate Builder tech, maybe they could talk with each other. He was able to talk the door into opening."

"Thats… Hell's Bells, that's dangerous man. We still don't know how the wards to this place work." I shuddered at idea of everything that could have gone wrong. "I appreciate the initiative but don't let anyone else try that until Bob gets back to have a look at the wards. I can't make heads or tails of them."

"Yes, Lord Warden." Replied the Ancient Jaffa, bowing his head. "But I would strongly advise coming in to see what we've found."

"What have you… oh… oh… crap." The largest tower of the spoke was a single spiral path leading up and down as far as I cared to look, at least a half-kilometer upwards and downwards. The spiraling space was glowing blue with cool light shining out from cubicles housed in the wall, frozen figures in each cubicle. A glowing display in the language of the gate builders let me know that the creatures inside were, in fact, still alive.

I called them creatures because I had no other word to describe them. They weren't any creature I'd ever seen before. I ran my fingers over the surface of the ice, whistling in surprise as I catalogued the features of what I was looking at. It was huge and muscular, with a bipedal body was unnervingly human. It was paler than even the vampires of the white court, scraggly white locks dangling down from an eyeless and mouthless carapace that consumed the creature's face. It was wearing clothing that had little respect for symmetry or unity in their choice of material.

It was exactly like the frozen creature next to him. There were marginal enough differences in the clothing and armored face carapace to let me know that they weren't completely identical but it was only through prolonged examination that I was able to tell. I lost count of how many identical creatures I wandered past before I finally found one that had some autonomy to it, a male figure who seemed to have been frozen in ice only under extreme duress. The creature's eyes were frozen in a mad, hateful glare as it reached out with talon tipped fingers - vertical fanged mouths prominent on the palms of each hand.

"Are you kidding me?" I looked at the Ancient Jaffa, my heart sinking as my promise to Mother Winter echoed in my mind. I muttered it under my breath. "I bear responsibility for the welfare and survival of the people on Buyan. I would see to their safety and welfare."

"I am not joking and I will support any responsibilities you have, milord" Yeesh, that Jaffa had good hearing.

"How many are there?" I shook my head as my mental bestiary came up with a fat goose egg, "What the hell are they?"

"We're still getting a count, milord. We've identified five of the males and three females without carapace on their face." The Ancient Jaffa tapped the front of the icy block with his staff, a shimmering forcefield blocking him from making contact with the icy surface. "And I don't know what they are, but the Gate Builders damn well wanted these things to stay in stasis."

"I want more soldiers on Buyan." I walked out to the bridge looking out along the seemingly irregular landscaping in front of the entrance to the tower. The overlapping walls and bridges that seemed to go from nowhere to nowhere suddenly making sense. They'd designed as much cover as possible for someone defending against a mass escape. "And some gun emplacements along this path."

I nearly jumped out of my skin as something popped out from behind a waist high wall. I raised my hand device reflexively, channeling power into the red crystal as a little girl popped out. She was a tiny thing - seven or eight years old. She froze as she stared into the red light, her eyes wide with terror at the sight of it.

Crap, I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that there were victims of Koschei I hadn't found yet. I lowered my hand, kneeling down as I said, "Come on kiddo. I won't hurt you. I promise."

The little girl looked up at me her body contorted and twisting as it reflexively took on its true form. The child whispered fearfully through ghoul lips as it fell to the ground before me, utterly worshipful in her submission to me. "Great one! Thank you Great One. Thank you for this one's life."

I pinched the bridge of my nose as it occurred to me that Koschei wouldn't have kept a tower full of dangerous prisoners without having some muscle to keep those prisoners in place. Muscle I had sworn to the Winter Lady I had taken responsibility for.

"Fuck." I summed it up as elegantly as I knew how. "Ghouls… why did it have to be ghouls."

And somewhere, in the distance, I was sure I could hear the cruel laughter of an iron toothed crone stirring a stewpot.

....I just realized something...
Lord Warden talking his way out of certain death without making any term for himself (time travel shit notwithstanding) is going to be Summer gossip for centuries.
Then Harry and his frosted donut happened and all the fae gossiped (and laughed) about it.

Haha, Harry's chivalry was only going to get him killed before. This is so much worse.

I wonder if he can get an alliance with the White God as well as Odin.

Heka had multiple Goa'uld Queens? Holy shit, Queens are rare and incredibly valuable. Unless of course by 'Goa'uld wives' Enlil means 'priestesses with Goa'uld in them', but that seems unusual.

If Heka really did have multiple Queens then he must have hidden that knowledge exceptionally well, most System Lords would be more than willing to go to war for the possibility of claiming even a single Queen, multiple Queens would be a treasure far too great to resist.

Lord Warden talking his way out of certain death without making any term for himself (time travel shit notwithstanding) is going to be Summer gossip for centuries.
Then Harry and his frosted donut happened and all the fae gossiped (and laughed) about it.

What the Lord Warden did to the Summer Queen is going to be fae gossip for millennia. It's basically unprecedented for a non-fae to achieve that degree of success against fae, much less fae royalty. The fae are going to be recalling that little scene in the Summer Court for eons.

Last edited:
It was exactly like the frozen creature next to him. There were marginal enough differences in the clothing and armored face carapace to let me know that they weren't completely identical but it was only through prolonged examination that I was able to tell. I lost count of how many identical creatures I wandered past before I finally found one that had some autonomy to it, a male figure who seemed to have been frozen in ice only under extreme duress. The creature's eyes were frozen in a mad, hateful glare as it reached out with talon tipped fingers - vertical fanged mouths prominent on the palms of each hand.
Huh, it's only Wraith.

That's kind of a relief, they are so much more straight forward and easy to deal with compared to the Ancients.

Huh, it's only Wraith.

That's kind of a relief, they are so much more straight forward and easy to deal with compared to the Ancients.
Yeah, but you have to remember the Dresden side of things.

In this cross the ancients had pure BS magic powers even before they ascended, and the Wraith can absorb the traits of those they feed off of. WTF could the Wraith do after feeding off of the super wizards for God knows how long?!

What the Lord Warden did to the Summer Queen is going to be fae gossip for millennia. It's basically unprecedented for a non-fae to achieve that degree of success against fae, much less fae royalty. The fae are going to be recalling that little scene in the Summer Court for eons.
I'm more talking that Harry and his donut was in the same ballpark.

Huh, it's only Wraith.

You realize these are wraith that gave these ancients trouble, right? The ancients who were wizards of such caliber that they make human wizards look like talentless shits?

How bad do you think these wraith are that they evicted the ancients from Pegasus?

How bad do you think these wraith are that they evicted the ancients from Pegasus?

Probably not that much worse than normal Vampires, from a physical standpoint. The real danger would be that Wraith, unlike normal Vamps, have high\magic technology.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the ones stored in Buyan are some kind of prehistoric super-wraith. They're not Outsiders or Naagloshi though, so it's not as bad as Demonreach.

Last edited:
Heka had multiple Goa'uld Queens? Holy shit, Queens are rare and incredibly valuable. Unless of course by 'Goa'uld wives' Enlil means 'priestesses with Goa'uld in them', but that seems unusual.

I doubt that they are Queens given that Apophis (who believes Harry to be a child of Heka) was surprised that a queen would breed with Heka at all

Huh, it's only Wraith.

Not just Wraith, but Wraith Queens and probably their honor guard or some other noteable Wraiths,
And given how mentally powerful a Queen was in the normal Stargate setting, I dread what they can do here

I just hope that they find the data on them soon, least he lets one out in order to figure out what to do with them as a whole

Last edited:
I can't imagine Harry would be stupid enough to un-stasis something that the Ancients clearly wanted to be very, very stasised without knowing what that thing is first.

You realize these are wraith that gave these ancients trouble, right? The ancients who were wizards of such caliber that they make human wizards look like talentless shits?

The Ancient's curbstomped the Wraith.

It was only after stealing Ancient ZPM's that the Wraith were able to start winning. And even then, the Ancients weren't really willing to fight all out against them and ended up deciding to just leave instead.

The Ancient's curbstomped the Wraith.

It was only after stealing Ancient ZPM's that the Wraith were able to start winning. And even then, the Ancients weren't really willing to fight all out against them and ended up deciding to just leave instead.

Yup, the danger of the Wraith isn't the Wraith themselves (although they are plenty dangerous), it's the fact that they stole and reverse-engineered Ancient tech and the Ancients weren't willing to wage a war of extinction on a galactic scale, so instead they took their ball and went home.

Space vampires on their own are dangerous, but can be dealt with. Space vampires with Ancient tech though? That's a whole different kettle of fish. Especially given what we've seen Ancient Drone Weapons are now; aka fucking terrifying.

In fact, I wonder if the modern Vampires are actually descended\created from the Wraith. The Wraith might well be the original 'progenitors' of Vampirekind.

Last edited:
Yup, the danger of the Wraith isn't the Wraith themselves (although they are plenty dangerous), it's the fact that they stole and reverse-engineered Ancient tech and the Ancients weren't willing to wage a war of extinction on a galactic scale, so instead they took their ball and went home.

They kinda were, just see the replicators within the Pegasus among other things

It's just that they didn't manage it, since the wraith kept on out breeding their efforts and had enough food to keep up the pace

It is why the Replicators in the Pegasus resorted to mass-genociding the humans of the Pegasus, in order to starve the Wraith

They kinda were, just see the replicators within the Pegasus among other things

It's just that they didn't manage it, since the wraith kept on out breeding their efforts and had enough food to keep up the pace

It is why the Replicators in the Pegasus resorted to mass-genociding the humans of the Pegasus, in order to starve the Wraith

It's explicitly stated that the Ancients were 'unwilling to favor strategy over morality' in their war with the Wraith and the Ancients didn't use the Asurans, concluding that they were not the weapon they were looking for.

Given that the Asurans, being Replicators, could definitely have genocided the Wraith (and indeed nearly did, before the Wraith managed to hack them with a shutdown code, something that they wouldn't have been able to do if the Ancients were still around to counter the hack), there must have been some other reason they chose to declare the Asurans as a failure. If it wasn't practical reasons, it must have been ethical, which would suggest that either the Ancients weren't trying to genocide the Wraith entirely, or that they were afraid the Asurans would kill everything else along with the Wraith.

Could go either way really. But given that the Asurans nearly destroyed the Wraith without Ancient oversight and didn't sterilize the galaxy in the process, I'm inclined to think that the Ancients declared the Asurans a failure because they didn't want to genocide the Wraith entirely, just defeat them.

Last edited:

Space vampires on their own are dangerous, but can be dealt with. Space vampires with Ancient tech though? That's a whole different kettle of fish. Especially given what we've seen Ancient Drone Weapons are now; aka fucking terrifying.
Yup, they could have won with either the Replicators or Attero device but they choose not to use either.

Mind you, it's a good thing they didn't given we find out in one of the books what likely would have happened if the Ancients actually had beaten the Wraith.

In fact, I wonder if the modern Vampires are actually descended\created from the Wraith. The Wraith might well be the original 'progenitors' of Vampirekind.
For this story I am betting the Wraith are the Jade Court given they match the description of Jiangshi.

"Fuck." I summed it up as elegantly as I knew how. "Ghouls… why did it have to be ghouls."*

Dresden you said people, Ghouls aren't people, there is your loophole, use it.

Ah, the look on their faces when they connect the donut holes between bumbling donut boy and Lord Warden...
"Fuck." I summed it up as elegantly as I knew how. "Ghouls… why did it have to be ghouls."*

Dresden you said people, Ghouls aren't people, there is your loophole, use it.
I think the fact one went and looked like a little girl is going to yank his heartstrings enough so he won't use it.

Knowing Harry's soft spot for women, I am sure he's eventually going to thaw out at least one of the Queens.

I hope he calls her Barbra or something in that vein.

Thinking about the "name" issue, the whole story with John Sheppard and Tod the Wraith kind of parallels what happened with Harry and the shadow of Lash.

Iirc ghouls in groups follow a fairly basic and brutally simple Rule by Might 'hierarchy.'

Dresuden just tore/incinerated/annihilated their best and THEN defeated their longtime master Koschei the Deathless, claiming both his sword (if they even recognise it- which I honestly doubt) and Buyan.

Iirc ghouls in groups follow a fairly basic and brutally simple Rule by Might 'hierarchy.'

Dresuden just tore/incinerated/annihilated their best and THEN defeated their longtime master Koschei the Deathless, claiming both his sword (if they even recognise it- which I honestly doubt) and Buyan.

Along with Warcraft ogres and canines in general. Not only do they want to be ruled by the mightiest, they don't hold grudges for anything you did to prove that might. They actually feel gratitude for proper excercise of that might.

Back