Ending this Wretched Story(Honkai Impact 3rd SI)

Considering how the latest chapter in canon comes down, this is actually a rather important first step to derailing that, mainly by hopefully having Kiana open up and rely on Mei more when it comes to her personal demons.

And yes Kiana, even the voice in your head ships you and Mei, accept it.

Chapter 5.1: Deviation
A/N: Originally this was suppose to be one chapter, but the more I wrote, the more I realized how long this chapter was going to actually be so I'm breaking it into two parts. Granted, I could probably have cut some parts out yet at the same time I do feel a lot of it is necessary for character development, expanding plot elements, and setting up the first major canon deviation from the game story.

Also, I did not do a whole lot of editing and proofreading with this chapter. College recently started and I wanted to get this out before August was over since it might be several weeks before I can get another chapter out. I'll still try to upload one to two chapters per months, but it may take longer because, again, college. Also because of that and to reduce the amount of time it takes for, I am considering trying to find a beta reader or at least someone to proofread the chapters as well as bounce ideas off of. For now though, it's just be me while I try to find a beta reader, but if anyone is interested or can point me in the direction of a group, please message me. Anyway, onto the story!

Chapter 5: Deviation
Kiana and her teammates went through their normal weekend morning routine. Bronya would claim the only computer in the dorm for either studying or gaming purposes, Mei fiddled around with some new piece of tech or tried to get Kiana to complete her class work, and Kiana herself either slept in or caught up with the newest manga and anime. The only change that Kiana was growing ambivalent about was the Voi-Hamzah, Its name was Hamzah, mumbling in her head. It's still annoying to have a voice constantly talking, especially when it spoke in a foreign language, but Kiana began to get used to it. After all, Hamzah was going to be stuck inside her head for the foreseeable future, might as well get used to it as much as she could.

But right now…

Do you not know how to use the Pythagorean Theorem? It's simple math. You take the numbers of A and B then plug those in-

Kiana allowed her head to smack into the table and let out a groan. She'd been whipping herself with trying to understand the methods of how to solve various math problems. Mei made it sound so easy when she described how to do it, but when Kiana actually went to do them, her mind went blank as she struggled to remember the exact methods. That was when Hamzah decided to 'help' her by ranting on about how to do them. At least the ones It knew how to do.

"What problem are you having trouble understanding?" Mei asked from across the table. Various parts of a machine lay out before her in organized groups. Kiana didn't quite know what the machine was, but Mei mentioned it as being from M.E. Corp and she was trying to fix it.

Kiana lifted up her head and gave Mei a deadpan stare to empathize her suffering. She wanted to say 'Oh, there's a voice inside my head ranting on about how to do math.' But saying that would, at the very least, cause Mei to say that it was an inner voice reminding Kiana the proper method.

"The Pythagorean Theorem one, uh, problem 42?" Kiana slid the paper over to Mei who gave it a glance and cringed at the amount of numbers, scribbled symbols, and stick figures surrounding said problem.

"Um, how do you normally do it?"

"Well, I plug in the numbers for A and B then multiply both raised to the power of two. Then I add both numbers to get the answer, then multiply that to the power of two to get the answer. But it's always marked wrong! That's how you do it, isn't it?"

"You have most of it correct, but the last part is incorrect. You actually have to square root the resulting number of both A and B."

"Then why does the C have a raised two to it?" Kiana huffed and crossed her arms.

"I, uh, don't know." Mei looked away with an expression of pondering.

It's to trick gullible people like us. Hamzah commented.

"Ugh. Whhhhy?"

"Perhaps if idiotka Kiana didn't have the attention span of a tuna, she would actually listen in class and understand the equations and methods used to solve problems." Bronya mocked while she was absorbed in whatever game she was playing. The Russian girl had already completed her classwork within an hour and said classwork was stacked neatly on Bronya's study desk organized by topic.

"Says the girl who solved that monstrosity of a math problem when no one else could." Kiana muttered under her breath.

"Bronya, please stop calling Kiana an idiot. She's just unmotivated when it comes down to certain topics. After all, she did defeat you in the combat simulations. And Kiana, please try harder, otherwise you'll be demoted to logistics and support." Mei said.

"No! I don't wanna serve snacks in the cafeteria! I'll work triple harder!" Kiana snatched her classwork. The table squeaked as she furiously erased the stick figures and other unnecessary drawings she drew.

Kiana dragged up whatever knowledge she had of math, gleaned from memories of when she actually listened in class, the few textbooks she read, and online videos. She blazed through problem after problem. An expression of complete concentration plastered on her face. She didn't respond to anything, not even when Mei tapped her on the shoulder out of concern.

However, after thirty minutes of non-stop work, Kiana laid down her pencil and puffed her chest out in pride as she presented the paper to Mei. The black-haired Valkyria looked over the classwork with a neutral expression.

"You understand most of it," Mei said after a few minutes of examination.

"Yes!"

"But most of the answers are incorrect and several don't even have anything written for them."

"What? No." Kiana couldn't understand. She got the methods correct didn't she? But Mei said the answers were incorrect so what went wrong? And those she left blank was because she didn't know how to do them so it was better to admit her lack of knowledge and leave them blank. Regardless though, her failure to pass the classwork meant she was going to be stuck doing classwork while her friends went out shopping! She would only have Hamzah and Its trashy puns to talk to.

A gleeful sensation came from Hamzah, warning of the many horrific puns It desired to unleash.

"Hm, normally I'd suggest attending the weekend lectures and study groups so you don't get left behind more already, but with everything that's been happening, I think it might be better to leave it for today. What do you think, Kiana?"

"Definitely." Kiana was not going to let this opportunity to escape pass. She wouldn't allow herself to be subjected to the torture of both math and puns.

"It's decided then. Get ready, the bus leaves soon!"

"Allow the Bronya to finish showing these scrubs how to truly play HonkaiWatch." Bronya said. Kiana caught a glimpse of the game the Russian was playing and saw several characters ranging from a cybernetic ninja to an ape onscreen all get killed in a spectacular explosion. Not a second after, a stream of text flooded the bottom left roaring at the apparent unfairness. Kiana chuckled. She wasn't the only one who suffered Bronya's impossible gaming skills.

… HonkaiWatch? Really? Hamzah groaned in exasperation as Kiana leapt to her feet and dug through her clothing drawers to pull out some casual clothes. She could only guess that It had a game similar to HonkaiWatch back in Its… Honkailess world. The concept still bugged her.

Kiana decided it was better not to dwell on parallel worlds and focus on gathering what clothes she would wear for today. It was the weekend after all! A time to hit the city with the gals. Get new clothes, hang out at old haunts or find new ones, and generally have a good time. But there was one obstacle that halted Kiana from going out. Finding the right clothes to wear. Well, there were actually two obstacles so if Hamzah could look away for a few seconds while she rummaged through her drawers…

Don't get your panties in a bunch, you should know that I'm nothing more than a disembodied voice at the moment and can't do much else beyond annoy you. And examine that connection.

"Hm, could try?" Kiana said as she examined an old t-shirt with a stylized cat printed on it.

Fine. Let me just twist my non-existent head backwards and-oh look, I can't. But… hm, hold on, maybe I can try something else.

Kiana raised an eyebrow when she sensed the feeling of concentration? Maybe It discovered something during the nightmare last night and now Hamzah was trying to apply it to the real world. She doubted it, but didn't discount it considering the weirdness of recent events-

Her entire vision went black without warning.

"Wah!" Kiana fell onto her rear from the suddenness of it all.

HolyshititworkedbutnotinthewayIintended! Hamzah said in a rather excited tone, a feeling of elation emanating from It. Kiana gripped her head as pain once again began to drill into her skull.

"Kiana?!" Mei called out.

"I'm fine, just a small headache from stress and, uh, stuff." Kiana massaged her temples and uttered her breath," Fix this now."

Another feeling of concentration later and the blackness covering Kiana's vision was gone in the next blink. Kiana blinked a few more times just to be sure. She climbed to her feet when she was certain her vision wasn't about to be engulfed in darkness once more.

She felt a hand grip her shoulder in a reassuring manner. Kiana glanced to see Mei looking at her with a concerned expression and the white-haired Valkyria gave a nod that she was indeed OK. Mei hesitantly removed her hand, muttering a "I'm here if you need me" before walking to her own drawer.

Kiana sighed. Well, that was another ability to lay on top of the pile. Just to what extent were the abilities of Hamzah?

Probably to infinity and beyond at this point. Let's say that just to be safe. Also, sorry for making you blind for a second, but hey, at least I confirmed I can cut off my vision! Well, your vision. Or both of our vision? Since I'm a disembodied voice, it would technically be your vision, but at the same time I can see through your vision so it might be ours- Somehow, someway, Hamzah descended into a debate on if it was her vision being blackened out or Its/their vision. Kiana didn't listen, simply plucking out a yellow shirt and blue jean shorts before heading into the bathroom with the excuse that she would change into her clothes there after she was done using it.

Changing into said clothes proved to be a hassle though. While Hamzah kept on debating, somehow, Kiana wasn't going to risk It catching a glimpse of her body. She was comfortable around her friends cause they were her friends and she certainly didn't mind allowing Mei to catch a glimpse of her. However, Kiana didn't know who Hamzah was. Actually, she didn't know if Hamzah was a he or a she or something else-

Hamzah is male, yes.

Kiana groaned in exasperation. It wasn't enough to have a person in her head, but to have a man inside of herrrrrrr…

Heheheu.

"Goddamnit." Kiana gave a pointed look at her own reflection, trying to image Hamzah in place of it.

Look, if you're concerned about me seeing you change, just close your eyes like I mentioned before. Or would you rather me black out our-your-my vision out again?

"You are not doing that again. Just, I'm gonna have to get comfortable with changing with my eyes closed." Kiana said as she walked out of the mirror's view and began trying to change into her selected clothes. It proved to be a herculean task. More than once Kiana fumbled with her clothes, forcing her to open her eyes. More than once did she bang up against the wall or some item causing it to fall.

But finally, after several attempts, Kiana finally managed to change into her selected clothes. She puffed out her chest in pride, wondering just how many others could change with their eyes shut!

You do realize this is a rather useless skill? Especially when there's a lot of stuff that got knocked down.

And Hamah had to ruin it by pointing out the numerous toothbrushes, bottles, and other general hygiene products strewn about the floor. Kiana wrote a mental note while she cleaned up the mess that maybe the bathroom wasn't the best place. It was small and there were too many products. But where else could she change without her friends asking why she had her eyes closed while she changed? Neither Kiana nor Hamzah had any ideas beyond 'we'll deal with it later'.

Kiana stepped out of the bathroom to see her friends already changed and waiting. Bronya wore a light-colored jacket with a green shirt underneath it and a pair of pants that came down to her knees which revealed the prosthetics that helped her walk or float. The Russian never seemed bothered by how some people would gawk.

Mei, meanwhile, wore a simple, but gorgeous blue dress and lighting-blue highlights under her eyes. A bag was slung around her waist, probably filled with extra cash, snacks, first aid, and various other items for most daily occasions. Mei always packed extra stuff in case something happened to which Kiana was grateful for, but at the same time sadden. It was a scar leftover from their time trying to survive in Nagazora City after Mei's Herrscher side caused a Honkai eruption

"Um, Kiana, what happened in there? We heard a lot of banging and what sounded like stuff falling over. Are you alright?" Mei asked with a concerned look.

"Kinda? I'm still dealing with some after effects from whatever happened a couple days ago. Nothing serious, I swear!"

"Alright. Let me know if it gets worse though. I might have something."

"Thanks Mei!" Kiana threw her arms around Mei, surprising the taller Valkyria and causing her to stumble back a bit.

"Ha, you're welcome." Mei said as Kiana unwrapped her arms from Mei.

"If Kiana has completed her harassment of Mei, we must go now. The bus will leave in ten minutes. It takes seven to get to the central plaza and additional two to find the correct bus then another minute to board the bus." Bronya rattled off.

"I am not harassing Mei!" Kiana placed her hands on her hips, glaring at the Russian before realizing that Bronya was correct in her estimation of how much time they had left after Kiana glanced at the clock."But yeah, you're right. We gotta go!"

Kiana didn't dignify Bronya's smug smile with a response. The white-haired Valkyria walked besides Mei as the three headed out.

Swarms of students flooded the halls. Some weaved their way through into neighboring dorms, many crowded into elevators or down stairs, and others simply wandered about for seemingly no reason. Kiana, Mei, and Bronya stuck together as best they could amongst the swarm. It didn't take them long to break free from the swarm though. Kiana and her friends had found a narrow stairway tucked away in one of the less populated areas that led directly outside to the central plaza sometime ago. It had become their go-to shortcut for the weekend rush.

Kiana took a breath of air once she was outside. She took comfort in the fact of people milling about St. Freya High instead of the empty quiet in her nightmare. The memories still lurked in the depths of her mind, but Kiana casted them out by shouting out a challenge.

"Race you there!"

She took off running, leaving behind Mei who shook her head and Bronya glaring at her. Kiana could only giggle at their response. The two may be exasperated with her at times, but they loved her and she loved them. Sure, Bronya and her were often at each other's throats for one reason or another, but she enjoyed challenging the Russian to a gaming duel. Of which she always lost to said Russian.

Kiana slowed down as she neared the central plaza. The buses were lined up just across the bridge that allowed entry between the school proper and the outskirts of the city. Kiana, however, leaned up against an archway to wait for her friends to catch up. She would wait as long as needed, even if the buses left. Besides the buses would return in an hour or two anyhow.

Her phone dinged before her friends arrived. Kiana whipped it out to see it was a text message from auntie Theresa asking where she was. The white-haired Valkyria sent a message telling Theresa that she was at the central plaza.

Another ding. This message asked if she could wait till Theresa arrived herself. Kiana raised an eyebrow. Was this related to what happened yesterday? Theresa was trapped in various meetings yesterday so maybe Auntie just wanted to check up on her. But at the same time the buses would most likely leave by the time Theresa arrived. Kiana sent a text telling Auntie exactly that.

To her surprise, Theresa informed Kiana that she herself could take Kiana and her friends in a personal vehicle if that happened. This never happened before. Auntie always tried to maintain a professional appearance, even around Kiana so for her to offer to give them a ride was unusual.

Um, if I may comment? Hamzah sounded uncertain and expectant of a harsh response.

"Sure, go ahead." Kiana sighed. She didn't expect Hamzah to hold true to their deal for every second considering he was a chatterbox, whether he was one before getting stuck inside her head or because of it. Besides, it would be cruel not to let him comment on things.

Thanks. Anyways, while unusual, Theresa does hold knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes.

"My auntie is not involved in whatever is happening 'behind the scenes'." Kiana glared in a random direction, imagining that Hamzah was standing in said direction.

Yes, because Theresa is definitely not a part of this world's version of the Illuminati.

"... Do I even want to know?"

… You don't know what the Illuminati concept is?

"No?"

Remind me to bug you to look it up and see if it exists in Honkai Impact. In fact, remind me to bug you for a lot of information. I want to compare and contrast how my world and your world are different. And no, you are not getting out of this.

"Ugh, hopefully Auntie Theresa gets here soon."

"It's Principal Apocalypse when you're on campus Kaslana-san."

"Wah!" Kiana leapt into the air at the sound of a child-like voice with a practiced tone of seriousness.

Kiana turned around to see a short woman stood with arms crossed. Her white hair was tied up into a ponytail which rested on her left shoulder. Schicksal symbol, two gears laid out like wings, were sewn into her Nun-like clothing.

"Gez, how'd you get here so fast Auntie Theresa?"

Theresa, despite her small stature, glared down upon Kiana. The other students gave the two a wide berth as a menacing aura spread out.

"Seriously, how did you get here so fast?" Kiana was undaunted, treating one of the most experienced and dangerous Valkyries in all of Schicksal as a friend.

"Again, it's Principal Apocalypse," Theresa slumped and shook her head."But I was nearby. Honestly I was expecting you to be in the city by now. Luckily you're here. There's a few things we need to discuss."

"But what about my friends… who should be here by now?"

"I've sent a message asking them to meet us at the parking lot. And don't worry, you're not in trouble."

I don't remember this happening, but I also don't remember any material touching up on what was happening before the game started.

Kiana Kaslana was not a video game character. Kiana Kaslana was not a video game character. Kiana Kaslana-

Is a broken record. We've already established that you're not.

Kiana only sighed in response as she followed Theresa to the parking lot. Yes, Hamzah did say that she wasn't a video game character. However, the stress of that claim still gnawed at her. There were a thousand questions she had with no answers, not even from the source of the stress itself. Also, if Hamzah could kindly stop responding to her thoughts like a normal person, that would be great.

… Sometimes it's fun to go back on your words for shits and giggles. Hamzah said in a neutral tone. The feeling Kiana got, though, signaled that he was desperately trying to reassure himself that he was still sane. Kiana internally winced at that feeling. He did imply that being a disembodied voice wrecked his mental state.

It is. But worry not, I have you to keep me amused! Haha!

She wrote a mental reminder to actually look up some history to keep Hamzah mentally stable. Who knows, maybe it'll have a side effect of keeping the chatterbox quiet for a few hours.

Theresa and Kiana eventually reached the parking lot where Mei and Bronya waited on the sidewalk. Both parties exchanged greetings with Kiana asking Theresa what was happening.

"I'm taking all three of you shopping." Theresa answered.

"What?" Kiana stared at her Auntie in confusion. Theresa was taking all three of them out shopping? But the only time Auntie had ever taken her out shopping was some time after she and her friends arrived at St. Freya High. So why take them all out shopping now?

"Principal Apocalypse, we're honored, but why?" Mei asked.

"You can call me Theresa as seeing we won't be in a formal setting anytime soon. As for why, well, me and Kiana don't spend much time together anymore, at least not in a causal sense. I also invite both you and Bronya to join us. None of you have to take me up on my offer of course, but I would like to spend some time with Kiana, especially after what happened yesterday. So please indulge in my little selfish request, Kiana-chan?"

Something feels off here.

Hamzah was right, something about this didn't feel right. There was no reason for Kiana not to trust Theresa, but with how Fu Hua and Teruya acted yesterday and Theresa suddenly requesting Kiana to join her out shopping, something felt off.

I think I know why Theresa is asking you, but we can talk about that later. For now, I suggest taking her up on her offer. You may need her help when Bronya gets hijacked, especially since she can kick all three of your asses at once at this stage.

"Sure, so long as I get to call you Auntie!" Kiana grinned. She hoped none of her worry seeped into her expression or tone.

"Fine, just don't do it too often. What about you two, Mei-chan and Bronya-chan?" The aforementioned teens gave their own affirmations. Theresa smiled and pointed to a pink-colored, magical-girl theme vehicle parked near them."My car is parked right there. Come along girls, daylight's burning!"

Kiana trailed behind her friends and Auntie as they headed to the vehicle. She thought about Hamzah's claim Bronya would betray them because someone hijacked her. It was ridiculous yet it was not entirely off the table, not with everything that's been happening. Still, it felt wrong to put even the tiniest amount of stock into it. The Russian got on her nerves, sometimes getting to the point of belittling each other. But Bronya was still a friend who provided insight into her own flaws and even help on occasion. Kiana had no desire to hurt Bronya if she could help it, even if Hamzah also said that her friend wouldn't be harmed too greatly.

Maybe she could figure something out? First she would need to confirm if the claim was true. How would she go about that though? Hamzah mentioned that someone would hijack Bronya, someone being the keyword. It didn't mean the Honkai which was a relief. But if it wasn't the Honkai, then who was the culprit and how would they accomplish it? Perhaps she could press Hamzah for answers.

Finally, I was about to-

Stop that.

… You know, this whole seeing and responding thoughts thing is a tool we can use to communicate to each other when there's no real alternative. There are advantages it can offer such as bouncing ideas around. But I'll respect your privacy as much as I can in my situation regardless of what your choice.

Kiana… considered the point. In some way she could look at it as though she was conversing with him if she ignored the whole 'I can see and respond to your thoughts' thing. Yet it still irked her that Hamzah suggested it in the first place. Her thoughts were supposed to be her thoughts, a safe place where she could think about things. However, everything got thrown out the moment Hamzah somehow became stuck inside her headspace. Ugh, why must this be complex?

"Kiana-chan, you're walking the wrong way!" Theresa called out.

She stopped and turned to see that she actually walked passed Theresa's car. Kiana huffed. And why did stuff like this happen? It was going to keep happening wasn't it? All because of… it wouldn't be fair to blame Hamzah. Neither of them wanted this as far as she could tell.

"Uh, sorry, just got lost in thought I guess." Kiana said as she ran over to the car.

Both Mei and Bronya were already buckled by the time Kiana reached the vehicle. She glared when she saw Bronya seized the middle seat which separated Mei from her. The Russian responded with a head tilt and a smug smile. Nonetheless, Kiana slid into the seat next to Bronya, keeping her mouth shut to contain the not so nice words she wanted to use under her breath. This was probably revenge for yesterday where she asked Mei to carry her. Kiana turned her thoughts away from that. It was just a minor thing after all, no use in getting upset over it.

But nonetheless, Kiana let out a frustrated sigh as the vehicle hummed to life and drove out of the parking lot into the city's outskirts. These last couple days had thrown her in a loop by shoving a person from Honkailess world into her head, the strange way some people suddenly acted around her, and the possibility of Bronya's betrayal through hijacking. There was so much to consider.

And there was only a short amount of time to consider it all.

Last edited:
This will mean that the SI does not know how complicated the situation is, especially what kind of connection Kiana and Sirin have with each other.
I think the OP meant the sudden decision to go out shopping with the Theresa before it's all supposed to kick off.

On another note, I have absolutely no idea what the story is(damn my Andriod phone with no free space!) I can clearly see derailment starting.

This will mean that the SI does not know how complicated the situation is, especially what kind of connection Kiana and Sirin have with each other.

As @Caldon said, the SI meant Theresa's sudden decision to join Kiana out on shopping. Guess I ought to fix that so it isn't confusing anymore.
I am very confused on this word, is this eruption? ocupation? or a mix of both?

Tho seems Teri ☆Teri ☆principal wants to keep a closer eye on Kiana this time because of the 'voice' talking in her head.

Thanks for catching that spelling error, it's suppose to be eruption, but apparently my spelling check decided to skip over that one.

Non-canon Omake: Doom upon All
So a few people wanted to see the Doom Slayer bully Sirin. Now I can't write Doom Slayer ripping and tearing Sirin apart as that may infringe upon the rules and honestly that's kinda cruel to unleash an ancient, nigh-unstoppable destroyer of all things evil upon what is essentially a traumatized womanchild trying to play the big bad. Don't get me wrong, Sirin still deserves a good whack alongside the head or two as punishment for all of the horrible things she has done, but poor salty tuna god needs therapy. So Doomguy is here to drag her off to see a therapist. Obviously this is all non-canon and it's Hamzah, guy practically lives on Because it amuses me.

And an update for Interlude: Of Power and Will. It's been moved to the main threadmarks between chapters 3 and 4 since someone pointed out how critical it is to the main story. That's all, here's Doom Slayer dragging Sirin off by the ear.

Non-canon Omake: Doom upon All
Sirin always took delight in the many ways of breaking her other self. It was one of the few things she could do in this lesser state after all. Her powers were gone and she was little more than a mere echo of what she once was on top of being trapped inside an artificial body. Yet all she needed to do was break her other self, 'Kiana', in order to gain control. The process proved… difficult, but Kiana deeply loved her friends and family so the Second Herrscher would torment her other self by killing them off.

Much like now! Kiana would always try to prevent the hundreds of different deaths her loved ones suffered. But no matter how much she tried, Kiana always failed to prevent her dear Mei from being corrupted by her own Herrscher or halt Bronya's Honkai infection or Himkeo's futile sacrifice. And everytime when Kiana killed Mei, Sirin would be there, hovering above with a mocking smile.

Kiana always responded with a defiant glare. How pitiful to be so determined when everything she loved was either dead or turned to the Honkai. That made Sirin curious though. Would Kiana maintain such determination if everyone she loved died in the real world instead of the dreamscape? Sirin would certainly love to test that.

"I will stop you!" Kiana declared as she laid Mei's corpse down for the twelfth time. Or was it thirteenth? Sirin didn't know nor cared so long as it kept working.

"Not unless your friends stop you first." Sirin pointed down at the corpses of Theresa, Himkeo, Mei, Bronya, and however many other faceless nobodies Kiana loved crawling over one another with arms outstretched towards Kiana. They blamed the white-haired Valkyria for their deaths or why she wasn't strong enough to save them.

"N-no. I tried! Please, don't." Kiana pathetically tried to comfort herself that it wasn't her fault when it very much was.

Sirin smiled as Kiana was slowly dragged into the ground by the corpses of her loved ones. But that smile morphed into a frown when she heard the squeak of a bunny.

The Second Herrscher glanced down to see a brown-grey bunny hopping straight to Kiana. Huh, strange. She didn't remember summoning a bunny and even if she did, it would only to torture Kiana by brutally killing it or turning it into a Honkai beast. Maybe Kiana somehow summoned it when she wasn't paying attention? Whatever the case, Sirin watched it as the bunny continued to make its way to Kiana, seemingly undeterred by the piles of corpses. Just what was it planning on doing?

The bunny hopped right onto Kiana's arms and… cuddled against her?

Everything ranging from the crawling corpses to Sirin sputtered to a halt.

It took Sirin several moments to process what just happened. A bunny had somehow manifested within the dream, hopped its way across piles of the dead, only to hop into Kiana's embrace so it could be cuddled? Even Kiana herself seemed utterly bewildered at the fact she was currently holding a bunny.

Just how-wait. If even Kiana is confused and she didn't summon it then that only left one other suspect. The entity. From what Sirin had seen, the entity was on positive, if still tense, terms with Kiana and It no doubt sent this bunny in an attempt to comfort her. Well, there would be none of that!

Sirin summoned a Void Lance, downsized it just enough where it would only pierce the bunny, and threw the lance at its head.

Then a human in green-colored, Sci-fi themed armor blurred into existence and caught the lance with his bear hands midair.

Sirin stared in bafflement. That lance was traveling faster than a human could blink and it was smaller than an eyeball so how, by the Honkai, did a human catch it midair?

And why did the dreamscape suddenly transform into a stereotypical depiction of the realm some human religious groups called Hell? And why was there an eyeless, muscular creature and an imp-like person sitting on an overhanging ledge eating popcorn? What the hell was happening?

Her only answer was that somehow the entity managed to wrest control of the dreamscape from her when she was distracted at some point. It could be easily remedied by blocking the connection between-

Sirin's eyes widen when she realized both she and Kiana were no longer within the soul of the artificial body, but that of the entity's. And somehow the entity sealed her own powers aside from a few.

W-well no matter! She could still handle whatever the entity threw at her!

Why was music blaring in the background?

The human pulled out a double-barreled shotgun modified with a hook of all things. Sirin chuckled. How utterly barbaric and primitive. What would it even do? Reel her in like a fish?

Sirin yelped when the hook swished right by her head, just narrowingly cutting off a few strands of her hair. Ok, so maybe the human was going to reel her in like a-no wait-THE HUMAN WAS REELING HIMSELF TOWARDS HER!

The human slammed a fist right into her gut before Sirin could react. Pain erupted all over her torso from the impact. She had experienced pain before, from the experiments she endured to fighting humans, but even taking that one Divine Key's flames to the face paled in comparison to the sheer agony she was experiencing which scattered her thoughts and sent her down tumbling into the ground below.

A supersonic boom echoed across the dreamscape as Sirin impacted the dirt. The force vaporized enough ground to form a small crater where the Second Herrescher laid in. She stumbled onto her feet as her thoughts reorganized themselves. The pain still bit into her where it could even as she tried to will it away.

Crunch.

Sirin whipped around to see the human was climbing down the crater with shotgun in hand. She huffed in both annoyance and pain. The blasted insect surprised her, but he won't get the better of her a second time.

She summoned a hundred Void Lances and threw them all at the human. Sirin placed a hand under her chin as she watched the show. There was no way this human would be able to dodge all of her Lances.

Said human proceeded to sidestep, circle around, or jump over every single one while firing his shotgun, launching that accursed hook of his, and otherwise drew ever closer into killing range. Sirin began to panickingly summon more Lances as her aim deteriorated as the human sped through the barrage as if he'd done this countless times before.

"Fine, you want to fight me insect then I shall crush you and rip your corpse apart!" Sirin shouted as she summoned her Keys of Void and phased through the human the moment he landed onto the ground after jumping over a Lance. A green dome sprang to life around him, slowing his movements down to that of a normal human.
It took a full minute for Sirin to process that. Everytime she trapped a human, be it a normal or Valkyria, they would instantly slow into a snail's pace. Yet this human was so fast that even her own abilities could only slow him down to that of an average man. But Sirin grinned when she fully processed it. Her Void Lances could finally kill the insect now!

A final Void Lance was summoned. Sirin savored the moment as she launched the Lance straight into the human's chest. A metallic crunched echoed throughout the dreamscape, but Sirin did not give a shout of victory nor did the human crumble over like all others. Instead a destroyed Lance and a sliced shotgun fell onto the ground with a dull thud.

Both Sirin and the human exchanged a blank stare as they tried to process what happened. The human became… visibly angry when he finally did. His veins enlarged all over the exposed areas of his armor, his aura became infinitely more murderous, and he pulled out a chainsaw from thin air before appearing right in Sirin's face the second she blinked. Said chainsaw was slowly approaching her neck…

"Eep!!!" Was Sirin's only response. Her mind went into overdrive as she tried thinking of a way to kill the human. But all of her options would take at least one second longer than the chainsaw ripping through her neck. Was-was this how she would die? A sad, pathetic death after all she had been through?

Ha. Maybe it was for the best anyhow. Sirin didn't have much of a desire to live beyond killing humans at this point.

"OW!" Sirin yelped as the human suddenly decided to put away his chainsaw and began dragging her out of the crater by her ear."Owowow. Let go of me, insect! I am not some brat! LET GO OF ME SO I CAN DESTROY YOU!"

The human yanked her ear after Sirin shouted that last sentence, making it clear he would not suffer such blatant disrespect. And like the child she still mentally was, Sirin shut her mouth and limply allowed herself to be dragged along.

Meanwhile, Kiana could only watch on in utter bewilderment at the sight of a human dragging the Second Herrscher by the ear as she petted the bunny. The pair of popcorn-eating demons howled in laugher, though. Finally, the Doom Slayer was bullying someone else for once!
"W-what's happening?" Kiana finally asked after several minutes and long after the human and Sirin disappeared off in the horizon.

"The Doom Slayer is dragging the girl off to Mister Roger's Rehabilitation Center for Villains." One of the demons answered.

"Mister Roger's Rehabilitation Center for Villains?"

"You know who Mister Roger is right?"

"Uh, no?"

Both demons let out a gasp of absolute shock.

"Why you ought to meet him! One of the nicest humans to ever live."

"Yeah! He helped me realize my true passion of becoming a beautiful ballerina instead of burning and killing humans!"

Kiana's brain sputtered to a stop and attempted to sort through all of the mind-numbing events she had just witnessed.

"Oh, also, Hamzah, our most beloved and benevolent Overlord of all within his Dream, says, 'Doom upon you for not knowing who Mister Roger is.'" Somehow, someway, the demon's voice changed to that of Hamzah's when he delivered that message.

And all Kiana could do was internally scream for even within her own dreams she could not escape from the Master of Trashy Puns.

Last edited:
Much like now! Kiana would always try to prevent the hundreds of different deaths her loved ones suffered.
Ah, the classic way of 'no matter how much you try, you will fail' torture.
The bunny hopped right onto Kiana's arms and… cuddled against her?
Bunnie!
W-well no matter! She could still handle whatever the entity threw at her!
Yeah, probably not. If something like this would happen in the canon story I wonder how much could the SI throw at her? Maybe do it like the Imperial Guard from WH40K and drown her in humans?
"The Doom Slayer is dragging the girl off to Mister Roger's Rehabilitation Center for Villains." One of the demons answered.
I wonder how many stories would be solved if people just visited a good therapist?
And all Kiana could do was internally scream for even within her own dreams she could not escape from the Master of Trashy Puns.
Eh, could be worse Kiana. On the bright side, it's someone who knows more than they should.

It's your good luck Sirin, that rabbit survives. Because Hell dimension almost didn't survive when they kill his old rabbit. :lol:

Sirin and playable Kiana are the same person, one just didn't remember her past and other remember everything, Dissociative identity disorder which thank to Fu Hua used her key at Otto order.

Sirin and playable Kiana are the same person, one just didn't remember her past and other remember everything, Dissociative identity disorder which thank to Fu Hua used her key at Otto order.
I see on ao3 tags kiana is k432 then what happen to original kiana. She is with sigfried?

Last edited:
I see on ao3 tags kiana is k432 then what happen to original kiana. She is with sigurd?
If she still alive, that mean Otto still has her somewhere in his hidden base. After Kiana dad took K-423 instead of real Kiana, the original was never heard of again, even Theresa never heard of her.

Let's return to the story. Theresa might playing overwatch in their mission to capture that ship. I don't think she will join them on the ground fighting. Maybe she will tells Mai that Kiana has a core in her as well?

Uhhh first... some TYPO's and suggestions... and some commentaries because I'm in a bit of good mood lol.
Sirin would be there, hovering above with a mocking smile.
Is her pan-*cough* I think hovering 'above' Kiana would be weird cause Kiana would only see her legs?
"Eep!!!" Was Sirin's only response.
I think adding some emotions here could do nicely... unless Sirin's kuudere meter is as high like Bronya's.

Also lol Mr. Rogers!?.... Before ya smite me I really need to ask that I don't understand the reference in it....
"Yeah! He helped me realize my true passion of becoming a beautiful ballerina instead of burning and killing humans!"
*PFFFT!!!*

@Akasui I find it unlikely Theresa will inform Mei of the core within Kiana because of several things such as Otto keeping an eye on things and Theresa's worry that informing people more than necessary might have unforeseen consequences. The story will be getting into her POV at some point next chapter to explore her thoughts, or at least that's the plan.

@neobiz Unfortunately there's not much information on what's happening with either. However, I do have plans for Siegfried in this story, namely chewing his ass out for several things.

@Sleeping Moon I thought I put there in the correct place, but apparently not. Thanks for catching that. I also didn't put a !!! when Sirin Eep because it's a writing nitpick of mine. I view it as unnecessary, but I can see how it can add more emotion and rereading it with that, it does make it read more emotive so I'll be adding that.

And Fred Rogers, otherwise known as Mister Rogers, was a Christian(a Presbyterian to be exact) actor/producer for several children's TV shows during the 20th century. His most famous one was Mister Rogers' Neighborhood which taught various things, but among the most important, I feel, was including people of color, the disabled, and other disenfranchised groups. Heck, if I remember correctly, early on in the show, he sat together with a person of color which at that point in time was something controversial and he also did not denounce LGBT groups when some Christian groups asked him to. Rogers also tended to end his shows by saying "I love you just the way you are." A lot of people still do look up to him as being one of the kindest humans to have ever lived because of this. Hope this clears up the confusion for ya!

Ah thanks for answerin' me question @Critic Ham ^w^ and I understand having personal nitpicks in writing and adding some... 'flare' to the characters' personality is pretty damn hard cause knowing where to add or not some quotations or descriptive words is kinda one of the hard stuff to implement.

I made a mistake concerning Kiana's backstory. It turns out Kiana had not met Theresa up until after the incident in Nagazora. While overall a minor thing in the story, I still have to rework some stuff such as chapter 5 to better keep it inline with canon so I can inevitably blast it into space.

Last edited:
So an update on what's going on with the story. Recently I got over being sick with the common cold, but ever since then I've been in a creative slump for Ending this Wretched Story. I have made several attempts to write something only for it to get deleted either because I've hit a road block or I poorly planned out the story and I've been grappling with the feeling that I should rewrite the story since a part of me believes this story would benefit from it. I'm hesitant to rewrite it, however, as I've already spent a significant amount of time and energy on it even though rewrites are common. It maybe sometime before I make a final decision, but I do intend on resuming within a month or so.

It comes down to what you feel is best for the story. If you feel like you can continue as is, then go for it. If you aren't satisfied with telling the story you want in the current framework, then rewriting may be your best option. Either way I'll stick with you because I enjoy the heck out of this & am interested to see wherever the story leads.

Update and Plans
Alright, it has taken far longer than it needed too, but yeah, better late than disappearing forever eh? Anyways, I've opted for a rewrite of Ending this Wretched Story. There's a few reasons. The first among them is that I had a general outline and I knew where I wanted the story to go, but new ideas and challenges arose which forced me to reevaluate certain aspects. Second is my lack of knowledge concerning the setting of Honkai Impact. I feel as though I created additional challenges that didn't need to be there and missed opportunities to create a more engaging story so I'll be diving into additional material. Doesn't mean that I won't be planning stuff in the meantime though! And finally, I realized that my current way of planning was not all that optimal and planning was eventually abandoned for whatever stupid reason. Really should not have done that and here I am with foot in mouth. Oddly tastes like regret.

So what's the plan going forward? Well, Ending this Wretched Story likely won't reappear anytime soon. However, that does not mean it won't be in-progress as I reorganize things and try to figure out a better way of planning out stories. The plan is to have something ready by January 2021, though it may take longer than intended depending on how things go.

And I also won't be inactive during that time. There's a non-serious story I'm writing which is mostly slice of life and intended to keep my writing skills from dulling. I also discovered some incomplete fan-fics from my old fan-fiction.net account and I thought to myself that I could restart some of these by planning them out in different ways to see which one works. I may or may not post them sometime in the future.

Anyways, that's the general plan. Hopefully everything works out and I'll keep ya informed in case anything happens. If you have questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

A rewrite? Alright, take your time.
Also, I am guessing that the non-serious fics is going to be posted on SV, or is it in FFN? And while we're at the topic of FFN, can you post the link to your FFN profile?

Last edited:
Back