Votes: 46 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Mabye

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
A person's answer to this question is gonna depend on their personal philosophical and/or religious beliefs so here's my personal take. I believe that an objective good exists but I don't believe that an objective evil exists. I believe that evil is merely the denial/ignorance of goodness, much like how darkness is just the absence of light instead of an actual thing.

A person's answer to this question is gonna depend on their personal philosophical and/or religious beliefs so here's my personal take. I believe that an objective good exists but I don't believe that an objective evil exists. I believe that evil is merely the denial/ignorance of goodness, much like how darkness is just the absence of light instead of an actual thing.
Torturing another for your own pleasure I would argue is an example of evil in itself. When the end goal of an action is causing suffering because suffering brings you pleasure, I'd argue that's evil not as an absence or ignorance, but simply the thing itself.

Back