Conquer The Posleen! An SV Council Game (Applications Open)

You missed my question from earlier. Can we collaborate to improve chances of success on different actions?

@spiderlord4
@Estro

Can I reccomend you add how much RP your using for your projects? Otherwise it just gets a 100 point invest, which is kinda eeeeeh.

Then I'll see how their research projects turn out before balancing.

Might want to get spiderlord4 to also actually pick how much RP to spend on something you guys :p

That said... Waiting List Application:

Character Name: Kayla Summer
Appearance:
170 centimetres tall, slim, athletic, 30 years old. Ethnicity is so mixed that you can't quite tell what she is, though there is a strong east Asian element. Ebony black hair, dyed with streaks of lavender. Vibrant blue eyes. Skin's a colour than just seems well tanned, and other than that leaves you unable to determine exactly what shade it is.

Decided to balance out the genders of the Council Members and applications a bit... Seeing as there's 7 male and 1 female... And it makes for an interesting experience... :p

Might want to get spiderlord4 to also actually pick how much RP to spend on something you guys :p

That said... Waiting List Application:

Character Name: Kayla Summer
Appearance:
170 centimetres tall, slim, athletic, 30 years old. Ethnicity is so mixed that you can't quite tell what she is, though there is a strong east Asian element. Ebony black hair, dyed with streaks of lavender. Vibrant blue eyes. Skin's a colour than just seems well tanned, and other than that leaves you unable to determine exactly what shade it is.

Decided to balance out the genders of the Council Members and applications a bit... Seeing as there's 7 male and 1 female... And it makes for an interesting experience... :p

Welcome aboard.

@spiderlord4
@Estro

Can I reccomend you add how much RP your using for your projects? Otherwise it just gets a 100 point invest, which is kinda eeeeeh.

Without knowing how much the tech is, throwing points out there is going to be a guess in the dark no matter what. It'll take another turn to figure out how many points it is and if we have enough to get it outright anyways, so stating points to go with your research doesn't matter all that much.

Well, yes, but given the defult is 100...

Wait, do we store research points between turns?

@Gideon020 If a council member dedicates a bunch of research points to a project with an unknown cost, and they exceed the cost, could they be invested into a follow on tech, or the improved version? With or without a loss or something?

It would be a way of trying to get a research completed RIGHT NOW when they need the tech, but don't know what it'll take, whilst reducing the danger of overdoing it...

@Gideon020 If a council member dedicates a bunch of research points to a project with an unknown cost, and they exceed the cost, could they be invested into a follow on tech, or the improved version? With or without a loss or something?

It would be a way of trying to get a research completed RIGHT NOW when they need the tech, but don't know what it'll take, whilst reducing the danger of overdoing it...

Excess RP will be refunded.

I'd still say spending 100 as a sort of 'probing' action is a better idea than throwing maximum research into things willy-nilly. For example, if there ends up being a few techs that are a lot more expensive than we expect, then all of a sudden, we're short on research for a bunch of other projects that may or may not be better for what we're trying to do at the time. At the same time, if we undershoot a bunch of techs, now we have thousands of research points spend all across the board where they could've been focused into grabbing the techs we specifically need. It is a bit of an action drain, but I feel like research points are going to be something that's sorely strained, and conservation of it where possible would be best.

Set the point defense research at 15000 RP, just in case. Hopefully it won't cost that much, but if it does at least the excess will be refunded.

By mind machine, do you mean advanced computer neural networks, or MMIs?

Mind Machine Interfaces, yeah. I forgot to add the 'Interface' bit. I figure it synergizes well with nanotech, since it'll let our soldiers control nanite clouds in combat.

Presuming that the human mind can handle the millions of bits needed to control nanites
Then next turn work on Eugenics or Genetic Engineering to produce humans more capable of doing so, even if it takes a while it should eventually work. Or maybe work on VI or AI dedicated to reducing the mental strain, their should be some workaround should someone wish to do that.

Well, as a benefit, even if you can't figure out how to control a drone or something, getting a good working version of a MMI should basically mean you guys have absolutely no issues with cybernetics...

Back