Confringentur 3; a Madoka Magica / Fate/Stay Night 3quel

I've expanded my post to list some more Anime someone like Minako could have enjoyed, but Starzinger is the one that stands out for being something Minako would think of in this current specific situation.
Big thanks for the contribution.
I feel like episode 46 in particular would make MPMM especially hard for Minako to rewatch, and doubly so given the apparent urban legends linking the series to natural disasters in the wake of Walpurgisnacht and Sidonia. But more than that- Holy shit Takeshi Shudo directed MPMM?
But more on anime,
Lupin III (Maybe that's where Kirika got it from),
I've been thinking about this, and the more I do, the more I love it. I can just imagine a teenage Minako, swooning over how hot Jigen is, wanting a suave doofus like Lupin to steal her away for some exciting adventure away from her middle-class urban life, or looking up to Fujiko as a sexy idol she wants to be like. Maybe she and Kirika watched old red jacket episode on VHS to have something to laugh at after the divorce, and that's where Kirika got it from.
Unfortunately, this also means that she wouldn't have seen FMA '03
Not about Minako, but since the Niko omake where she mentions that her favourite anime is FMA'03, I'll link back to this for convenience. Anyway, I chose FMA'03 for her for obvious reasons, but I think her arguing with Brotherhood fans over which one is better would be hilarious to watch. Just imagine her trying to explain why '03 is better because its depiction of homunculi is so much more realistic compared to Brotherhood's.

Last edited:
wanting a suave doofus like Lupin to steal her away for some exciting adventure away from her middle-class urban life,
I've only seen 4, 5, and 6, but if you're just looking for adventure Lupin doesn't seem like the best choice when it comes to getting it.

swooning over how hot Jigen is
Oddly enough, I can agree on this. He looks and acts like if Guido Mista dressed up for a job interview and grew a beard, but somehow he pulls it off. Though honestly, I wouldn't doubt if Mista was in some way partially inspired by Jigen.

Not about Minako, but since the Niko omake where she mentions that her favourite anime is FMA'03, I'll link back to this for convenience. Anyway, I chose FMA'03 for her for obvious reasons, but I think her arguing with Brotherhood fans over which one is better would be hilarious to watch. Just imagine her trying to explain why '03 is better because its depiction of homunculi is so much more realistic compared to Brotherhood's.
*Niko*: SO ANYWAYS, if you hook up chunks of your dead lover to a higher power source to fill in the gaps, then loop that back around to the corpse to revive them, they get oddly specific superpowers and near-infinite magical capacity but also go crazy.

*Illya, listening in the background, baffled*: NIKO WHAT KIND OF ALCHEMY IS THIS?

But thinking on it, in theory, the difference might be that Kazumi actually is partially the real Michiru. Sure, she's made using chunks and aspects from Michiru's witch, but she still has a bit of her soul and her body, which is close enough for me.

I've only seen 4, 5, and 6, but if you're just looking for adventure Lupin doesn't seem like the best choice when it comes to getting it.
That's because parts 4, 5, and 6 are a lot tighter with their stories and the "story" part of each series takes place in mostly one country (Italy, France, England). Parts 2 (red jacket) and 3 (pink jacket) are a lot wacker and much more episodic, and part 2 in particular has episodes taking place on all corners of the globe over the course of its 155-episode runtime. Yes, you read that correctly. Part 2 was insanely popular in its time. There's also the theatrical and made-for-TV movies which all take place across a variety of locales. Basically, while modern Lupin stuff isn't as adventurous in its choice of locales as it could be, the Lupin material Minako would have had access to growing up most certainly is.

Oh, and since you've now seen part 4, was I right about Lupin's da Vinci being better servant material than FGO's take on him?
Oddly enough, I can agree on this. He looks and acts like if Guido Mista dressed up for a job interview and grew a beard, but somehow he pulls it off.
If you think regular Jigen is hot, you should check out the 2019 movie, The First. Fans have made memes about how hot that movie makes Jigen look.
But thinking on it, in theory, the difference might be that Kazumi actually is partially the real Michiru.
I was talking more about Kanna, but I guess Kazumi also applies since her problems were more like Lust's, while Kanna's were more like Envy or Wrath's.

Last edited:
That's because parts 4, 5, and 6 are a lot tighter with their stories and the "story" part of each series takes place in mostly one country (Italy, France, England). Parts 2 (red jacket) and 3 (pink jacket) are a lot wacker and much more episodic, and part 2 in particular has episodes taking place on all corners of the globe over the course of its 155-episode runtime. Yes, you read that correctly. Part 2 was insanely popular in its time. There's also the theatrical and made-for-TV movies which all take place across a variety of locales. Basically, while modern Lupin stuff isn't as adventurous in its choice of locales as it could be, the Lupin material Minako would have had access to growing up most certainly is.
I mean more as in Lupin whisking you away doesn't seem like the best course for adventure due to the downsides of the process, but I appreciate the overview.

If you think regular Jigen is hot, you should check out the 2019 movie, The First. Fans have made memes about how hot that movie makes Jigen look.
That is one good-looking man.

Oh, and since you've now seen part 4, was I right about Lupin's da Vinci being better servant material than FGO's take on him?
Essentially yeah. The only thing that FGO's Da Vinci has over Lupin's is my biases in that FGO's Da Vinci is a canonical transwoman, but what little goodwill that earned with me with FGO was lost when her Rider form became loli-bait on top of the fact that I'm 100% certain Da Vinci's genderbending was solely for the horny, so even that doesn't get FGO anywhere.

I mean more as in Lupin whisking you away doesn't seem like the best course for adventure due to the downsides of the process, but I appreciate the overview.
Again, check out some older Lupin stuff. Clarisse in Castle of Cagliostro was totally down for being stolen away by Lupin at the end of the movie, and in just about every other Lupin movie there's a main female lead who gets tangled up in the adventure and (usually) ends up enjoying herself. Of course there's the odd outlier to that, but still. Usually the female leads in Lupin movies end up enjoying themselves more often than not.

Did you know that?
That is one good-looking man.
Now you know.

Ah yes something more for the topic I'm trying to write out for General_Hatvenom. Thank you. i think.

Big thanks for the contribution.

😓 Not sure that really counts as much of a contribution, but you are welcome.

I feel like episode 46 in particular would make MPMM especially hard for Minako to rewatch, and doubly so given the apparent urban legends linking the series to natural disasters in the wake of Walpurgisnacht and Sidonia. But more than that- Holy shit Takeshi Shudo directed MPMM?
But more on anime,

MPMM would have soured for Minako because of the same reason as Urusei Yatsura. Her Ex.

I've been thinking about this, and the more I do, the more I love it. I can just imagine a teenage Minako, swooning over how hot Jigen is, wanting a suave doofus like Lupin to steal her away for some exciting adventure away from her middle-class urban life, or looking up to Fujiko as a sexy idol she wants to be like. Maybe she and Kirika watched old red jacket episode on VHS to have something to laugh at after the divorce, and that's where Kirika got it from.

So we are getting an Archer that grows a beard when he turns back into a mortal. Cause I remember seeing a bearded, grown Shirou and that man was hot and sad.

Ah I see. So the US Omakes are going to have a FMA argument in them at some point. Got it.

Ah yes something more for the topic I'm trying to write out for General_Hatvenom. Thank you. i think.

Not sure that really counts as much of a contribution, but you are welcome.
It counts as a contribution because I said so. But if you'd prefer we can both be unsure of how we've helped the other, because I was unaware of you needing MPMM as a topic for something else.
So we are getting an Archer that grows a beard when he turns back into a mortal. Cause I remember seeing a bearded, grown Shirou and that man was hot and sad.
Doubtful. Not only do I not think Archer would look good with a beard, but I think Minako is probably past her teenage fancying for the hot man that is Jigen now that she has Archer. Anyway, it's up to Kirika to carry the mantle now, and as of my 2022 Halloween omake she's designated Homura as the Jigen to her Lupin.
Ah I see. So the US Omakes are going to have a FMA argument in them at some point. Got it.
I would not be able to say if that were the case or not. It's possible, but whether or not it's probably I couldn't say. I don't have any larger, overarching plot in mind for the Niko omakes and am kind of just playing things by ear.

And to @PlaguePaladin @NMS and @TwoHounds (who still hasn't shown themselves at all the entire weekend, hoping you're okay) who were expecting this to be today's update, fret. But only a little bit. Today's update will be delayed, unfortunately, and by how much I can't really say at the moment.

Last edited:
Day 9 Chapter 3 New
[X] Plan: Trauma Talk

"I'm sorry for making things so awkward," Tomoe-san says, perhaps to your parents just as much as to you. "I can leave if my presence is bothersome."

"No," you say. "It's not… You're not bothering me by being here, Tomoe-san." It's the constant flashbacks to every other time she's been in this position and not survived that are bothering you. "Just… Try to enjoy breakfast more than I am, I guess…"

You try to let things be from there, but you know you can't help it when you keep seeing flashes of what could have been. What have been- "Homura-" Until Archer's voice once again snaps you out of your thoughts. You still haven't eaten anything. "I don't mean to pry – and if you don't feel comfortable discussing this right now I'll understand – but… Well, I've been watching you for a while now-" Been watching repeat after repeat of all the horrible things you've seen happen to your friends in your shared dream-space. "-and I've only ever seen you this bad once before. So, I have to ask: Do you… Do you think you might have PTSD?"

"That's the one where you get messed up because of something bad you've experienced, right?" you hear mom asking. Tomoe-san says nothing, but you can see on her face that she understands where Archer is going with his inquiry. "But, hold on- I thought that was something only soldiers got. Why would Homura-"

"War is the most well-known way for someone to acquire PTSD, yes," Archer says. "But it can happen to anyone who's been through something traumatic. Knowing what Homura's been through, I think it more than qualifies." Archer looks at you, and with no more than a spoken "So?" he asks you again.

"Probably," you respond. You'd never thought about it, because you've tried your hardest not to dwell on those failed timelines not that you've finally reached one where you've succeeded. In the end, it didn't work. "Though, for obvious reasons I've never gotten myself evaluated." Not only are the mental health services in this country lacking at best, even if you found someone compassionate to speak with in the service, what would you even say? There's nothing you could tell a normal person about what you've been through that they would have even the slightest chance of understanding, not without thinking you were completely insane. "I'm pretty sure every puella magi suffers from PTSD in at least some form." There's no way they wouldn't with how self-destructive this kind of life is. "I'm sorry…" You whimper without even realising you've spoken. "I'm sorry for being a failure. I'm sorry for not being able to keep myself under control like I usually can. I shouldn't even be freaking out like this right now. I'm not even the one who got hurt last night, and Tomoe-san's alive. Not like- Not like-" You can't even bring yourself to say it.

Mom's arms are around you before you've even had a chance to let your shaking voice cut itself off. "You are not a failure, Homura," she says. "You've been through something so awful that I can't even imagine, and yet you're still so strong in spite of everything."

You don't feel strong. Not now. Not like this. Not when you can't even keep yourself from freaking out even when Tomoe-san is alive. You've pushed it down countless times before, so why can't you push it down the one time she managed to survive?

"Are you really that stupid that you can't figure the answer out for yourself?" you hear the voice of your witch asking inside your head. "It hurts so much more now because she survived. Because you know you can't just undo and try again if she hadn't. Because you're allowing yourself to care about the people around you, it hurts so much more when you know you've only got this one chance left."

"You seem unbothered by all of this," you try to respond. You don't know how much stronger you sound when it's the voice inside your own head that you're talking to. "Why aren't you as shaken up about Tomoe-san almost dying?"

"Just how many times do you think I've had to watch her die for real?" your witch responds. "Sure, it may only be the same number of times as you, but the difference is, I've already fallen to despair. That's why I am the witch, and you are not. How much sadder do you expect me to get at your friend surviving her near-death experience, when I'd already mourned her death a hundred times before I was even born? So long as we haven't lost anyone we care about for real, I have no reason to make a scene about it."

It seems a bit callous, but you suppose your witch has a point. You're shaken up by how close Tomoe-san came to dying, but if you were in your witch's shoes, forced to watch your friends die over and over again before you'd even been born, you suppose you too would be unbothered as long as they were still alive. "If you ever feel like reaching out to someone for help," Archer says, "I'm always willing to listen. I've had plenty of time to reckon with my own PTSD, and I know a few things that can help when you're having trouble." All you can do is lean into mom's embrace, feeling like a failure for being so weak even though you know you shouldn't. "That goes for you as well, Tomoe. If you ever need to talk to someone about what happened last night, I'm more than willing to listen."

"Thank you, Archer," Tomoe-san says. "I may just take you up on your offer some time."

"Homura-chan, how come you look so upset?"

After breakfast was finished, you left for school as quickly as you could. You didn't mean to run out on Tomoe-san like that, and you hope she understands why you felt like you had to do it. You apologised to her once already, but you make a mental note that you'll apologise to her again after school is out. "I haven't exactly been having the best morning," you say to Madoka in response to her question. You left breakfast without eating anything. "I'm sorry. I just-"

"It's okay, Homura-chan," Madoka says. "You don't have to apologise. You've done nothing wrong." Madoka pulls you into a tight, warm hug, and you feel her reach up on her tip-toes in order to plant a kiss on your lips. You'd prefer if she could stay like that, but she pulls away, saying to you "I know I might not know much about what you and everyone else are going through right now, but if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone about it, I'm here for you. I'll listen to whatever you have to say, Homura-chan, even if I don't really understand any of it."

[ ] Tell Madoka what's got you so upset
[ ] Don't tell Madoka why you're upset

"Anyway, Madoka," you say in order to change the subject away from your own weakness, "How are you feeling about Assassin's lessons? Do you feel confident with the material she's teaching you?"

"Well, it's a little... How do I say this?" Madoka muses, sounding unsure of herself. "It's really interesting, to finally learn how all of this stuff works and kind of what you and everyone else have been doing all this time, but..." There's always a but. Sometimes, you wish it could be Madoka's butt instead of Madoka's "But..." "But I'm still feeling a little nervous at the thought of going into a practical lesson. I know you recommended runes because you thought they'd be safer, and I know you trust Assassin enough to not give me a practical lesson until I'm ready and can do it safely, but... What if I'm never ready to do one safely? What if I try, but I hurt someone anyway because of how strong my magic is?"

Knowing how strong the magical potential within Madoka is, and how much you've done to shy her away from the world of magic in the past, you can't say you blame her for being scared of her own power. The same power that, when you let her wear your Soul Gem for just half a day, caused you to overheat from the amount of mana coursing through just her middle finger alone. You shudder to think of what could happen if the wrong hands were to lay themselves on Madoka. "That's why we're trying to teach you this now," you say. "I know it's scary, and I know we'd both rather not see anyone get hurt, but all the same I'd much rather see someone get hurt accidentally during a practice session, than for you to not know how to control your powers at all and cause much more widespread hurt because someone used your powers for evil." You take over the hug, pulling Madoka back into your arms. Is it just you, or has Madoka gotten a little taller since she turned sixteen? "Still, I'm confident you won't hurt anyone. Assassin might be-" A massive pain in the ass. "-abrasive, but I trust her to see this through now that she's put her mind to it. She won't let you hurt anyone."

"That being said..." Of course, you couldn't let this adorable little creature go so easily, and there's one more thing about Madoka's lessons you need to address with her. "Assassin spoke to me about your... Animal drawings, in private last night. I told her you'd take her lessons seriously when it came time for a practical lesson, but she's still concerned for you."

"I know," Madoka replies. "I... I do it 'cause I get nervous thinking about how strong I am, so drawing cute little animals helps me feel a little better about it." Madoka hangs her head, adding "But, I get what Assassin was trying to tell me last night, about how I need to be careful with my linework when I'm working with runes. I'll try to do better next time."

[ ] Reassure Madoka that, by acknowledging her mistake, she's already doing better
[ ] Solicit some cute animal drawings from her so she gets it out of her system before the next lesson
[ ] Suggest Madoka think about an artistic career choice, like a storybook illustrator or a tattoo artist
[ ] Suggest she join you in Nurse Ortensia's office for lunch, so you can both practice together*
[ ] Say something nice about Madoka's butt, maybe the out-of-place-ness will make her laugh

You've still got lunch coming up after this, which means that before anything else, you'll have to address the occult-club-shaped elephant in the room. Given the chance for something to have leaked to the public yesterday about Tomoe-san's headlessness – Get it together, Homura. Tomoe-san is alive – you should probably make sure that nothing unseemly has gone public. But that's far from the only problem that gang of weirdos has put on your plate, isn't it? So, [ ] How do you want to approach this?
-[ ] Sit in for a while during lunch and just listen to what they're talking about (do not choose if * is chosen)
-[ ] Try to subtly steer the conversation towards the topic of headlessness, and see who responds and how (what do you say to accomplish this?)
-[ ] Come right out and ask if anyone has heard rumours about a headless girl since yesterday evening
-[ ] Ask Hayami-san about her friend who saw the white cat the other day, and ask if she's heard anything else from them since
-[ ] There's still the matter of you not knowing whether Miyabe-san can read minds or not. Do you want to do anything about this right now? (write-in no or what you want to do about this)

[ ] Other (write-in)

We're slowly making our way down the list of things we'd voted to take care of. This time, since I'd spent the first half of the update just on Homura and her trauma, I thought I'd keep things tight in the second half and focus just on the person who could most help Homura feel better, Madoka. So we've got a few different ways we can approach Madoka now that we've gotten her relevant voted-on material out of the way (mostly. I admit I skipped over asking if she'd done any practice outside of class, but that can very easily come next once I've got the ball rolling on more Madoka stuff), as well as addressing the occult club, who are up next on the agenda. I know I should probably have gotten around to addressing Kyouko and Caren and whether they're okay after seeing Mami mogumogu last night sooner than I probably will get to, but since I'd put up the option of practicing in Caren's office during lunch I thought it would make for better pacing if I was able to ask them both in the same update. And since we didn't need anything from Caren this morning, outside of our heart medication, I decided to stow that stuff for later.

[X] Plan: Hug the Pink
-[X] Tell Madoka what's got you so upset
-[X] Say something nice about Madoka's butt, maybe the out-of-place-ness will make her laugh
-[X] Suggest Madoka think about an artistic career choice, like a storybook illustrator or a tattoo artist
-[X] Suggest she join you in Nurse Ortensia's office for lunch, so you can both practice together*
-[X] Outright ask if anyone has heard rumours about a headless girl since yesterday evening

Maybe not a tattoo artist, since in Japan, that has C O N N O T A T I O N S. And if her blood ever accidentally gets into the ink, she might accidentally melt someone (but don't tell her that). That does remind me to maybe do something with the idea Cookiesndip raised with using her blood as material for an item. Also, did you mean to add anything to the * on the suggestion to practice in Caren's office, or was that accidental?

[ ] Say something nice about Madoka's butt, maybe the out-of-place-ness will make her laugh
HOMULILY NO-

Last edited:
HOMULILY YES-
Also, did you mean to add anything to the * on the suggestion to practice in Caren's office, or was that accidental?
No, it's intentional the way that it is. The * relates to
-[ ] Sit in for a while during lunch and just listen to what they're talking about (do not choose if * is chosen)
Down the tree a little ways. Since, if we're staying in Caren's office to practice during lunch, we can't also sit in with the occult club during lunch.

Last edited:
No, it's intentional the way that it is. The * relates to
Down the tree a little ways. Since, if we're staying in Caren's office to practice during lunch, we can't also sit in with the occult club during lunch.
Oh, right. Fixed. Let's hope the Occult Club doesn't miraculously find out more info about that stuff.

Oh, right. Fixed. Let's hope the Occult Club doesn't miraculously find out more info about that stuff.
Oh, there was no reason to fix anything. The * only applied to that specific choice. If we're just stopping in to check the rumour mill, that's not conflicting with us spending the rest of our lunch practicing with Madoka in Caren's office. Only if we're staying with the occult club for the entire lunch period do the two conflict.

And now that I've got the wherewithal to give this a more substantial response...
While it was certainly chosen as a joke choice, I would not at all have been opposed to someone choosing it for real. I know you want to.

@TwoHounds (who still hasn't shown themselves at all the entire weekend, hoping you're okay)

It greatly depends on the definition of okay. I survived a family member's birthday, but just barely. The same goes for my wallet for having procured obscene amounts of booze for the shindig. But enough of my personal life; and I genuinely appreciate the concern. Now to read what I have missed.

Oh, there was no reason to fix anything. The * only applied to that specific choice. If we're just stopping in to check the rumour mill, that's not conflicting with us spending the rest of our lunch practicing with Madoka in Caren's office. Only if we're staying with the occult club for the entire lunch period do the two conflict.
uuuurgh- Fixed again.

While it was certainly chosen as a joke choice, I would not at all have been opposed to someone choosing it for real. I know you want to.
...Alright. It makes me uncomfortable, but they are in a relationship, and it helps get closer to Homulily (which I'm still not sure about, but will go ahead with).

I'm not going to ask you to make yet another edit to the vote, but if you really aren't comfortable, I'm not going to force you.
No worries. It's got benefits to it, and Homura and Madoka are well together enough that, by all means, it shouldn't trigger these specific neuroses of mine. I'll go through with it.

Anyway,
-[X] Outright ask if anyone has heard rumours about a headless girl since yesterday evening
I'm surprised you're taking the direct route here, since we've never really come out and just *asked* if something we've done has drawn their attention before. What changed, and why do you think nobody else is arguing against a direct approach we've never taken before? @NMS @TwoHounds, your thoughts?

Because I didn't see Plague edit that on to the vote. :V

I guess we can frame it as here of such a rumor from one of our friends, but they didn't have any proof?

Because I didn't see Plague edit that on to the vote.
"Edit" in very loose terms. It was part of the original vote, then Plague edited it out because there was a mix-up regarding our ability to multitask during lunch, then re-edited it back in after I cleared things up.

I'm surprised you're taking the direct route here, since we've never really come out and just *asked* if something we've done has drawn their attention before. What changed, and why do you think nobody else is arguing against a direct approach we've never taken before?
I figure that would plainly and clearly allow us to get a pulse on this situation, and would probably clear us of suspicion if they thought we were responsible. The last ones we were on the defense, trying to push them away from the thought that we had anything to do with the situation, and this time it not only doesn't involve us or a person the occult club knows, but is something we could easily pass off as 'I just heard about it on the way to school'. If there is questions as to our sudden interest, we can also just pass it off as 'it was macabre enough to get my attention this time'. We also know that outside of theoretical telepathy, they aren't actually suspicious of us outside of getting incredibly lucky finding out a few specifics of some scenarios.

Or in other words, we've basically found that as long as we steer clear of giving them any locations related to actual supernatural events, they'll mostly stay away from where we don't want them. Also, I couldn't think of any clever ways to dance around it, so there's also that.

Back