COLD WAR: 1950

If anyone is interested in joining us as France, please let me know in the thread. I can't promise anything but it would be good to gauge interest. Please post a short general plan for France, as it'd greatly help make the decision.

General Plan for France
- Continue leading Africa (and other fraternal abroads) into an enlightened future of brotherly nationalism through economic support, cultural collaboration, and discreet guidance where necessary to secure greater prosperity for all.
- Continue securing the foundations of a new republic combining the best of presidentialism and democracy with a rich French culture.
- Demonstrate the essential vitality of moderate French conservatism as a role model for the world.
- Secure a peaceful and democratic future for all.
- De Gaulle is life, De Gaulle is laughter, De Gaulle is love.
- Be exactly as irritating to America as we can get away with.

Last edited:
I've accepted @Whoknows as France as he was both the first & offered a good plan. Apologies to anyone that missed out! The game will expand again sooner or later, just incredibly busy at the moment hence why country expansion is on hold.

Currently incredibly busy, so I am taking an extended break from Discord, as I find it absolutely destroys my productivity and I need to get things in my personal life done before the end of the year reviews etc kick in. I have also lost access to my original accounts 2FA during a phone update, so if you see two of me, that's why.

Despite this, I just want to let everyone know that I am pushing ahead slowly but steadily with the update. I am writing more than I would usually and taking longer but however this does allow me to enjoy the process a bit more. Please direct any urgent questions here if you can. Also to those who sent orders via Discord - please send them on the forum from now on, until I post otherwise. This is from next turn onwards, but if you want to update Discord orders, let me know here.

Apologies for the delay to regular scheduling. The game will likely follow this slowish pace until at least around Christmas as I need to get a lot of things done. I promise it's not dead. I swear. It's alive. Alive and well. 100%.

Current tracker:
Turkey - Done
North Korea - Done
India - Done

America - Done
Argentina - Done
Brazil - Done

Australia - Done
Soviet Union - Done
Tito - Done

West China - Done
South Korea - Done
West Germany - Done

East Germany - Done
Italy - Done
United Kingdom - Done

France - Done
East China - Done
Egypt - Done

Iraqjordan - Done
Israel - WIP
Iran - WIP

Japan - To be publicly shamed

Burma - WIP
Austria - Done

Current optimisic ETA is sometime next week
Current semi-optimistic ETA is sometime this week (by 12/11) if I'm not busy

Current delusionally optimistic ETA is sometime this week (by 16 19/11) if I can overcome my crippling CS2 addiction and don't have to go to any more random appointments

Last edited:
OOC Thread Order Tracker:

Turkey - Kemalist Gold Medal For Outstanding Order Turnaround
India - The Silver Dharmachakra Award for Speedy Order Delivery
Egypt - Revolutionary Arab Bronze Medal for Accomplishments in Order Sending

North Korea - Kim Is Still Alive And He's Just Delivered Orders
West Germany - Don't Ask Dad What Year And Where He Got That Medal for Order Delivery
USA - America First Award For Sending Orders First

Argentina - The Malvinas Award For Hyperinflating The Sent In Order Count
Brazil - Preliminary Deforestation Award for Nearly Sending Orders Before Argentina
Ethiopia - King of All Kings Award for Dethroning Oxford and Gorgan For The Longest Orders Sent

Italy - The Guy Was An Interior Decorator. He Killed 16 Czechoslovakians-Award
Thailand - Bhumibol Distinction for Sending Orders That Likely Won't Collapse The Country
Yugoslavia - Bosnian Orders Are Guided by God

South Korea - Rhee Award For Having to Send War Orders Every Turn Just In Case The Neighbour Finally Breaks the Leash

Partial Orders:
Soviet Union

No deadline for now but early orders will be appreciated! Got some minis in the pipeline already but no ETA's as life likes to distract me as soon as I announce an ETA.

Last edited:
1st one is taken, I'd be open to you picking up either of the other two if you send me a brief plan (3/4 sentences) on what you plan to do with each via PM. Thanks!

Hello, Mr @Shynka
I write this post due to the 'funny' react you have chosen to place on my new "Avatar the last airbender" GSRP. I am interested in why you chose that react to use, as my post was not intended to be a joke.

Was there something humorous about it that I missed? I hope I do not have to remind you of the rules of this website on the use of malicious reacts. Already due to untrustworthy and goonish users we have had the react removed for a time previously. If the react was not intended honestly, then I will pursue you within all bounds of the Sufficient Velocity Rules until your personal, emotional, and psychological abuse is ended.

Best regards from Soviet Korea,
Dan

Dear DanBasque,

Just look at the state of you.

Thank you & God bless,
Cold War 1950 Game of the Year Administrator, Shynka

I hope my claim on Siam can be good to go for this turn, we discussed in discord but I think that account is no longer active?

Egypt now open to applicants, but I'd have to consider your plans so please send me those. Might only be next turn onwards as Egypt has orders for this turn anyways.

Korona is making the switch to the US.

I might be willing to take Egypt though I wouldn't really be able to put together plans for it until probably after this turn anyways cause of finals.

I'd be interested in filling the following posts in the game:
1. Romania
2. Czechoslovakia
3. Alternatively, if no takers for the former two, one of Poland, Hungary or Bulgaria

Please reply here or on private messages if interested and let me know what general path you'd follow. Keep in mind Czechoslovakia has diverged significantly from OTL. Thanks.

Back