Choice Paralysis(MTG Wiki Warrior/????)

[X] Tap our Mana to activate Eureka Moment, once that is done look to see if there is a way to contact local hero Flash so that they can get us in touch with a magic hero.

We have 4 mana, Grove can provide Green or blue and Mox can provide Green or Blue, this will net us 2 more cards plus whatever we draw to pick from next turn. Holding off on the land search until we see what we need a 2nd or 3rd of a color mana for (we do have mox for any color and a 50/50 to get another any color mana)

[X] Tap our Mana to activate Eureka Moment, once that is done look to see if there is a way to contact the original Green Lantern who used a Magic Lamp, not an Alien Ring.

Post 6
You ponder the problem of finding heroes for your goals for a bit, go so far as to go to a public library and scan through the collected newspaper reports of the hero flash and the archives of the original Justice Society of America. Some of the heroes of that venerable league were still operating, Nabu the lord of order, Wild Cat the Greatest Puglist there ever was, Red Tornado of the Elemental Droids and last but not the least Wonder Woman. There are reposts of other heroes and legacy heroes, like the Flash himself or Star Girl. But it's clear that the legacy of heroes ran deep in this city, a dynasty of do-gooders who fight the good fight.

But the historical titbits don't help you contact the heroes yet, so after spending a few hours of research and getting stumped you make a slightly rash move. You look at your collecting of spells and cast your first true spell, not a source of mana but true blue sorcery, a spell to unbound your mind from the limitation of flesh and knowledge and bridge the gap to synthesise your knowledge into wisdom and a course of action.

You draw upon your mana, a mote of blue and green emerging from the Grove and the Mox. You draw more mana from the Mad Science Fair Project and the Unclaimed Factory and use it to form the bare-bone basics of the spell. The parts of the spell matrix that don't care for the colour of mana, just the presence of energy to act as catalysts.

The blue mana disperses, spreading through your mind and knowledge, and you can see the information being synthesised and the green mana suffuses your mind, you are thinking thoughts with a speed and clarity you have never experienced, not that you have experienced much.

New ideas bubble in your mind, thoughts cohering into ideas into plans before dissolving back into data as you consider hundred of possibilities, pouring over the information your research has gathered.

Your soul stirs as well, inextricably linked to the mind and doesn't that raise more concern about your lack of memories? Your soul churns and more spells emerge from your soul, the natural rate augmented with the spell's effects.

Ashenmoor Liege
{1}{Black/Red}{Black/Red}{Black/Red}
Creature — Elemental Knight
Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other red creatures you control get +1/+1.
Whenever Ashenmoor Liege becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, that player loses 4 life.
Cinders carry an ancestral grudge that makes them slow to trust and quick to retaliate.
4/1

Balan, Wandering Knight
{2}{White}{White}
Legendary Creature — Cat Knight
First strike
Balan, Wandering Knight has double strike as long as two or more Equipment are attached to it.
{1}{White}: Attach all Equipment you control to Balan.
"What weapon will you bear against one who's mastered them all?"
3/3

Robe of the Archmagi
{2}{Blue}
Artifact — Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you draw that many cards.
Equip {4}
Equip Shaman, Warlock, or Wizard {1}
It offers the power to shape worlds and the elegance to do so with style.

You come down from the rush of enhanced cognition and take a deep breath. It was exhilarating to feel like a genius for a few minutes, was it how people like lex luthor felt like at all times, that would explain the megalomania after the spell let me see past his very good PR firms.

I look at the plan I have written down, the slowed cognition taking me a few minutes to parse out the details but the option becomes clear to you soon enough.

Your enhanced intelligence had recalled and collated all the newspaper reports and a reporter's name had emerged, Iris West, an investigative reporter for the Central City Gazzete and then started as an Editor of her own newspaper, the Central Herald.

Her having a connection to the flash is fairly well known, and many villains have attempted to use that to get to the flash. None of them has succeeded so far, and hundreds have tried so I would be unlikely to work through force. But I can contact her, her office number is listed on their Website and I think I should have an easy time proving my claim.

My other option is to leave Central City and go talk to the original green lantern, who still fought crime in Gotham, something pieced together from rumours over the internet. That means leaving the city and figuring out some way of paying for all that.

Or maybe you can figure out some other method, it's not like being smarter means your decision are better, sometimes a more cautious approach can be better. So what do you want to do now, it's still early afternoon and you had some fruits as breakfast.

[] Write in

Iris west might be our best contact option. Looking at spells we would need to see if we hit the 50/50 on the science fair to play the cat knight or use thunderherd migration to get a plains to play. Liege we would need to drop a swamp or mountain and get a 50/50 on the science fair to cast. Archmage robes we could cast this turn and then equip next. Also robes is a nice grab depending on when the card draw triggers (not sure what foes would count as player) because card draw lets us see more options.

Also neat on the other effects of Eureka Moment, we need to keep those in mind for future spells.

[X] Call Iris West to ask to setup a meeting with the Flash since we have abilities, if need to prove it cast Robes of the Archmagi

Holding off on thunderherd in the hopes of getting a good spot to deploy the land and also seeing more abilities so we know what color we need.

@Acolyte can you add the color we picked and creature type to Thriving Grove and Unclaimed Territory

Iris west might be our best contact option. Looking at spells we would need to see if we hit the 50/50 on the science fair to play the cat knight or use thunderherd migration to get a plains to play. Liege we would need to drop a swamp or mountain and get a 50/50 on the science fair to cast. Archmage robes we could cast this turn and then equip next. Also robes is a nice grab depending on when the card draw triggers (not sure what foes would count as player) because card draw lets us see more options.

Also neat on the other effects of Eureka Moment, we need to keep those in mind for future spells.

[X] Call Iris West to ask to setup a meeting with the Flash since we have abilities, if need to prove it cast Robes of the Archmagi

Holding off on thunderherd in the hopes of getting a good spot to deploy the land and also seeing more abilities so we know what color we need.

@Acolyte can you add the color we picked and creature type to Thriving Grove and Unclaimed Territory
Every other sapaint being counts as a player or creature as per their Metaphysical or plot importance, with plausibility and depending on the power level you are at right now.

So right now a random mugger would be a creature, while a crime lord with minions would be a player.

If you become strong enough to be in a justice league tier for example, then a random crimeboss would be a creature but something like the black manta would be a player.

This can and will scale up to a point where you can instakill avatars of darksied as you battle across the multiverse to kill each other, if you play well enough mean.

scryfall.com

Steel Seraph

{6} • Artifact Creature — Angel • 5/4 • Prototype {1}{W}{W} — 3/3 (You may cast this spell with different mana cost, color, and size. It keeps its abilities and types.) Flying At the beginning of combat on your turn, target creature you control gains your choice of flying, vigilance, or lifelink...

Your next card. You guys are lucky sons of bitches. I will let you pilot the mecha of course.

Update on weekend since i have a busy week.

Post 7
The phone has a very pleasant tone that rings once before a chipper voice on the other end greets you.

"Iris West's Office; How may I help you" The cadence is smooth, and practised. Whoever is on the other end is an expert at taking calls. You swallow before responding, slightly intimidated by the professional yet chipper tone.

"Hey, I wanted to speak to Iris West, I don't know her but I am a recent metahuman and She seems like the best person in this town to talk to, I need her help." You say with a firm tone of your own, nothing you have said is a lie but you don't give the full truth to whoever this person is, you don't want to tip your hand so early as it were.

"Of course, I will transfer you to Miss West immediately. And Best of Luck from me, I hope it goes well for you." The voice is much more compassionate this time around, their tone mellowed now that they know I am in need.

There is the standard tone and then a voice answers.

"What do you need help with?? My Assistant said you are a metahuman looking for help." Iris West's voice was pleasant but authoritative.

"I am an amnesiac, I have no idea of who or what I am. But I have powers, potentially dangerous powers. I don't want to hurt anyone but I am not sure how my powers work yet. I wanted to contact you, can you help me contact the justice league or one of its members thereof." You blurt out the words in a tangle struggling not to trip over your own feet.

There is a sigh on the other end.

"I will call the flash, where are you." She asks you.

"The Library by Simth Street." You reply.

"He will be there soon." She says and hangs up.

You wait for a few seconds which is when you get your next spell.

Steel Seraph
{6}
Artifact Creature — Angel
Prototype {1}{W}{W} — 3/3 (You may cast this spell with different mana cost, color, and size. It keeps its abilities and types.)
Flying
At the beginning of combat on your turn, the target creature you control gains your choice of flying, vigilance, or lifelink until the end of your turn. 5/4
It is a pretty cool spell but you don't have a chance to examine it before a figure in red stands before you.

"Hey, Iris told me you wanted to talk to me." The Flash's jovial voice says "I know I am not the Bat but I think I can speak for the league here."

He laughed at his little joke. You chuckle politely as well.

"Hello, Mister flash. I am a Metahuman or specifically a magician. But there is something weird with my power. I need to talk to someone with, and I say with no offence, an understanding of magic to help me make sure I don't hurt someone by accident. You see there is a bit of randomness to my power." You say, babbling a bit at meeting the hero of the city.

"Well, you will be surprised by what I know about magic. This one time I had to fight magical bunnies from an alternate moon dimension. But yeah I get what you mean. Now I am not the suspicious type and I believe you. But we need to establish something to show those very busy wizard types. So Could you show me your magic with some sort of proof or baseline?" Flash utters, something you had predicted and you cast the spell you had prepared.

The spell conjures thread, astral silk and phase felt appearing and weaving themselves into a robe. Blue mana flows from the lands into you and through you into the robes, layering defences and aberrations until an archmages robe appears before you.

The robe floats in front of you. An artefact to protect a mage from all attacks and now it's yours.

The flash claps his hand at the spell, giving a smile at the pomp and act of the spell.

"Well, That should satisfy the old man. Let's get something to eat while my friends make time in their schedule to meet you.

"So, You say you have no memories. Have you ever had a burger before now" The flash asks as he leads you to a dinner? He appears to be a regular their, as the patrons greet him with smiles and cheers and he asks after them in turn.

You Reply negatively to his question and he gets a wide grin on his face.

"Let me introduce you to the best burger in Central City, Fair warning, no other burger is going to compare ever again."

And thus you had the best meal of your short life yet.

That went well, getting a positive introduction to the justice league. Hmm if we can get 2 more mana we can play Seraph for full, otherwise we actually have the mana to do the prototype cost (so 3/3 vs 5/4)

Back