Cat and Mouse (Legend of Five Rings)

I have to decide.

But it's haaaard.

I have to pick three, and condemn the rest to nonexistence.

Pressure. Feeling pressure now. Maybe I can put it off a bit longer...

But...

All right, I'll do it. @Mina @Deadly Snark and @samdamandias are the chosen ones, joining @Alectai and @Choo Choo on Mr. Garrett's Wild Ride.

Work out the group dynamics and such amongst yourselves, expect the IC to open up tomorrow.

I have to decide.

But it's haaaard.

I have to pick three, and condemn the rest to nonexistence.

Pressure. Feeling pressure now. Maybe I can put it off a bit longer...

But...

All right, I'll do it. @Mina @Deadly Snark and @samdamandias are the chosen ones, joining @Alectai and @Choo Choo on Mr. Garrett's Wild Ride.

Work out the group dynamics and such amongst yourselves, expect the IC to open up tomorrow.
I wish you all much fun, gentlebeings.

Alright, so obviously Hitomi is there to protect Natsumi's honor from all those men she's surrounded with.

I get the feeling that Kazuki, Hitomi, and Faro were sent not because of their skills, but because this mission is a good excuse to send them somewhere else.

(and now I have to properly do my inventory. Bleh. Welp, can't be any harder than graduation.)

Yoichi's distate for killing people and spilling blood is also not something you'd want for a Bushi.

Gods, we are just a regular band of rag-tag misfits aren't we?

Oy vey.

Well, nobody in this party fits Natsumi's sheltered and naive preconceptions of what Kakita or Daidoji should be like. Especially not Faro.

As a result, she'll become the CURIOSITY MONSTER.

Well, nobody in this party fits Natsumi's sheltered and naive preconceptions of what Kakita or Daidoji should be like. Especially not Faro.
Faro is the very model of a bushi. It just kinda happens that he's a model Shinjo bushi rather than a model Kakita bushi, which is where most of his trouble comes from.

Also arrows are freaking expensive. Five of the cheapest arrow (unless arrows get bought in lots, I may have missed something) cost the same as feeding a man for a month.

You just softballed that one out there.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that phrase? :)

Faro is the very model of a bushi. It just kinda happens that he's a model Shinjo bushi rather than a model Kakita bushi, which is where most of his trouble comes from.

Also arrows are freaking expensive. Five of the cheapest arrow (unless arrows get bought in lots, I may have missed something) cost the same as feeding a man for a month.
If I'm not mistaken, you don't have to take money for basic gear out of your personal koku; any half-decent superior would see you equipped properly.

Faro is an interesting guy too, he's gotta know some of those Utaku girls right?
Faro: "Hitomi, none of the Utaku girls would be interested in you. Not because you lack beauty or charm, but because I have seen sacks of rice stay on a horse better than you do. You ride like a peasant. Of course, I shall be willing to teach you how to ride, it is just... hard to separate what I can teach you and what I ought not to."

How long will this campaign go on for, insight-wise? Because it occurred to me that if we go on to hit insight 3, Natsumi is a perfect Doji Innocent.

How long will this campaign go on for, insight-wise? Because it occurred to me that if we go on to hit insight 3, Natsumi is a perfect Doji Innocent.

I just want to see if you guys can get the ronin from Point A to Point B (well, I imagine there will be some detours and minor setbacks and possibly backtracking and there's the slight chance all of you will die or possibly be horribly dishonored and have to kill yourself before ever reaching Point B, but...) and if we get there then we'll see what we can see.

I just want to see if you guys can get the ronin from Point A to Point B (well, I imagine there will be some detours and minor setbacks and possibly backtracking and there's the slight chance all of you will die or possibly be horribly dishonored and have to kill yourself before ever reaching Point B, but...) and if we get there then we'll see what we can see.
Sounds legit! :D

Back