Bulwark Against The Terror (Warhammer 40k Chapter Master Quest)

[X] Armageddon

As much as I like Titans, I don't think that we are likely to be fighting alongside one too often even if we choose Kolokhios. They're simply too valuable and destructive. We chose a Chapter that cares about collateral damage after all.
There are plenty of places where collateral damage is no longer a concern.

I get that, I do. It's just that, in my eyes, they all seem defined by their downsides rather than their upsides.

The sheer lack of, well, anything on Talovon makes it look like it's going to be a while before we actually get the planet in a good place where it could supply us and defend itself. Meanwhile it's inhabitants quality as Aspirants seems like a consolation prize.

The same lack of resources on Kolokhios, the planet itself not being very appealing as an ocean world, and the duties from the Admech makes the upside, heavy Admech support, seem small in comparison.

Delkor being great is completely offset by all that greatness not actually being ours. Might as well set up in the next system over on a planet like Talovon, effect would still be being near the resources of Delkor but it not being ours.

And just the sheer amount of FUCK that is Armageddon completely invalidates what benefits it does have.

Sorry if I'm being a downer about it but *shrug* that's just how it looks to me.
Well, you are entitled to your feelings, although I will say you're way overblowing the ocean world thing on Kolokhios. It's an entire planet. Sure, most of it is ocean, but so is Earth. It has two continents and tons of islands both large and small. You are not in any danger of running out of physical room.

I mean, none of them (except maybe Armageddon) seem as awful as Baal, which is a nuclear wasteland that produces mutants who have to be fixed before they can even start the implantation process, and the Blood Angels do fine. Well, at least the homeworld isn't their main problem. I think we're fine. Resources and so on are a bonus, so it makes sense there would have to be downsides.

[X] Kolokhios

I would not mind Delkor, as a fleet base or as a nest for political gaming, but Kolokhios seems to be coming ahead out of all the other options and I'd rather not get saddled with Armageddon - let's find our own corner of the sandbox to play with.

Also, Titans.

There are plenty of places where collateral damage is no longer a concern.
True. What I was trying to say is that, in all likelihood, most of our deployments won't involve, and may not even be suitable for, a Titan. The only ones that are likely to have Titans battlefields where the strategic situation is apocalyptic. Most of the Adeptus Mechanicus's support will be in terms of technology and perhaps Skittari.

[X] Armageddon

Vulkan killed a beast at his own life's cost- let's make sure not another hero of the imperium has to do so again.

[X] Armageddon

Why Armageddon?

Its a war-torn ruin of a world, one that used to be known as Ullanor.

Its where Vulkan gave his life to defeat the Beast.

Its..... honestly one of the best places in the galaxy to find a missing artifact of Vulkan.

[X] Armageddon

Let the Galaxy know that every cinder hanging in the void, no matter how battered and blasted, belongs forever to the Emperor.

Honestly the biggest appeal for Talovon for me is building this planet to make it great. Let this side of the segmentum know that Talovon is home to our chapter and let all enemies, Drukhari or otherwise, break themselves against our walls.

Edit: Actually, what Segmentum are these planets in? Asides from Armageddon of course. @Blackout

Last edited:
[X] Armageddon

Was gonna say Fleet-based but Armageddon as an option is very very appealing.

Back