Boldly Going to a Galaxy Far Far Away: A Star Trek: DS9/Star Wars Wormhole Crossover Quest

Obviously we don't know exactly what'll happen in future quarters/what'll be available when, but I tried to roughly divide up the tasks by which ship might be best for them over the next year, and the potential order.

Since Vancouver has the best stats across the board and the Driven Explorer captain, it seems to make the most sense to plan to assign them to the tasks which potentially involve diplomacy with new cultures. The Ireland has a captain strong in astrophysics, so assigning the stellar science missions seems obvious; and the Amador is our least capable ship and so assigning easier missions/sending them alongside other craft makes a lot of sense. The Ceylon gets the remainder (we may want to refit it towards engineering/diplomacy for more variety in the fleet when we can) - investigating some of the subspace signals, maybe alongside Amador and after the Vancouver has already gotten us some information, and another mission until then.

As far as orders for this turn go, I think it makes a lot of sense to survey the pulsar before the nearby system; to have Vancouver investigate the subspace signals before another craft does; and for us to make contact with the cultural observer team early to establish a working relationship.

Intrepid (Vancouver)
[ ] Investigate Coreward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI
[ ] Explore deep space and systems near the Amoran System: 2Q, ?, ?, ? PI (maybe with another ship - Ceylon?)
[ ] Investigate Trailing Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI

New Orleans (Ceylon)
[ ] Orbital Scans of A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Science, Easy, 2 PI
[ ] Investigate Rimward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI (with another ship - Amador?)

New Orleans (Ireland)
[ ] Survey the Spinward Pulsar: 2Q, Science, Easy, 2 PI
[ ] Investigate the Stellar Nursery: 4Q, Science, Medium, 6 PI
[ ] Investigate chronometric readings from Shawn: 1Q, Science, Medium, 4 PI

Miranda (Amador):
[ ] Supply Run for the Cultural Observer Team on A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Engineering/Diplomacy, Easy, 2 PI
[ ] Survey the Spinward System near the Pulsar: 2Q, Science, Easy, 2 PI

Last edited:
Intrepid (Vancouver)
[ ] Investigate Coreward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI

New Orleans (Ceylon)
[ ] Investigate Rimward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI (with another ship - Amador?)

New Orleans (Ireland)
[ ] Investigate chronometric readings from Shawn: 1Q, Science, Medium, 4 PI

Miranda (Amador):
[ ] Supply Run for the Cultural Observer Team on A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Engineering/Diplomacy, Easy, 2 PI

I think this set from your proposed options would be my ideal first turn. A couple of 1Q missions to get us some starting PI, starts on 2 of the 3 Subspace Signals (the bits I'm most interested in), and our stellar phenomena expert checking out the local stellar phenomenon (well, I assume a black hole counts as stellar), and the potential Time Shenanigans it might be up to.

New Orleans (Ceylon)
[X] Investigate Rimward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI

New Orleans (Ireland)
[X] Investigate chronometric readings from Shawn: 1Q, Science, Medium, 4 PI

Miranda (Amador):
[X] Supply Run for the Cultural Observer Team on A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Engineering/Diplomacy, Easy, 2 PI

Sounded good to me.

New Orleans (Ceylon)
[X] Investigate Rimward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI

New Orleans (Ireland)
[X] Investigate chronometric readings from Shawn: 1Q, Science, Medium, 4 PI

Miranda (Amador):
[X] Supply Run for the Cultural Observer Team on A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Engineering/Diplomacy, Easy, 2 PI

Sounded good to me.

I believe we have to use plan votes, like this:

[X] Plan Supply and Signals
-[X] Investigate Coreward Subspace Signals - USS Vancouver
-[X] Investigate Rimward Subspace Signals - USS Ceylon
-[X] Investigate chronometric readings from Shawn - USS Ireland
-[X] Supply Run for the Cultural Observer Team on A Hodgkin Four - USS Amador

For missions with two tags, like "Engineering/Diplomacy", how does that work? Is that two separate stat checks? Ones stat check that uses the average level of the two stats?

Also, how does sending multiple ships on the same mission work?

For missions with two tags, like "Engineering/Diplomacy", how does that work? Is that two separate stat checks? Ones stat check that uses the average level of the two stats?

Hmm, good questions. I was assuming missions with two stats meant you could use either, but it could mean a lot of things. I was also assuming multiple ships being on the same mission would mean their stats are added together, but only the leading ship's Captain's tags apply, but I think the rules post only talks about multiple ships cooperating in combat.

Hmm, good questions. I was assuming missions with two stats meant you could use either, but it could mean a lot of things. I was also assuming multiple ships being on the same mission would mean their stats are added together, but only the leading ship's Captain's tags apply, but I think the rules post only talks about multiple ships cooperating in combat.
It's really important for the two "Investigate X Subspace Signals" missions. None of our ships are specced for a pure Diplomacy check. Vancouver's +5 still has to roll 7 or over, a 58.33% chance, and the +4 the two Vancouver ships have would need to roll 8 or over, a 41.66 % chance. Those numbers are possible, but risky. But, if it's some kind of mixed science+diplomacy check, then our success chances might be higher.

Edit: Turns out we're using 3d6s, not 2d6s like I thought.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Scout Our Foothold
-[X] Investigate chronometric readings from Shawn: 1Q, Science, Medium, 4 PI
--[X] USS Ireland
-[X] Supply Run for the Cultural Observer Team on A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Engineering/Diplomacy, Easy, 2 PI
--[X] USS Ceylon
-[X] Orbital Scans of A Hodgkin Four: 1Q, Science, Easy, 2 PI
--[X] USS Amador
-[X] Investigate Rimward Subspace Signals: 3Q, Science/Diplomacy, Medium, 6 PI
--[X] USS Vancouver

This plan takes all four missions in and around the Amoran system. We have our Astrophysicist examine examine the wormhole, a New Orleans ship take the supply run to the cultural observation team (since we really don't want a mistake there,) our dinky Miranda take the easy surveillance mission, and our fancy+fast Intrepid go exploring this system's immediate environs. All missions should finish in one turn, thanks to the Vancouver's Fast trait.

Edit: Turns out the mission I had for Vancouver is considered too close to explored space, so it would trigger the captain's penalty instead of her bonus. I've switched her to exploring one of the Subspace Signals instead. First contact, here we come!

Last edited:

Its not an exect list of what rolls will be made during the mission but what your character thinks will be the most useful stat during the mission. So in that case engineering to do the actual supply mission but also maybe diplomacy is the outpost scientists are being jerks or if there is an excidental first contact which needs covering up before spreading to the entire local species. So there diplomacy might not come up at all but an engineering roll is a certainty. Remember that each ship rolls random events as well while out on missions which could be any stat check or nothing at all.

Ships add together their stats and tags but use the lowest crew rating. My apologies I must have missed not updating the top line when doing the contested checks when i thought I did.

edit: I have updated the mechanics threadmark my apologies for the confusion.

Last edited:
Its not an exect list of what rolls will be made during the mission but what your character thinks will be the most useful stat during the mission. So in that case engineering to do the actual supply mission but also maybe diplomacy is the outpost scientists are being jerks or if there is an excidental first contact which needs covering up before spreading to the entire local species. So there diplomacy might not come up at all but an engineering roll is a certainty. Remember that each ship rolls random events as well while out on missions which could be any stat check or nothing at all.

Ships add together their stats and tags but use the lowest crew rating. My apologies I must have missed not updating the top line when doing the contested checks when i thought I did.

edit: I have updated the mechanics threadmark my apologies for the confusion.

One more question: What are the stats for the runabouts from DS9? I assume their crew just counts as Qualified and doesn't gain XP, and has no effective Captain, so their ship stats are the main thing when considering whether to use them or not.

One more question: What are the stats for the runabouts from DS9? I assume their crew just counts as Qualified and doesn't gain XP, and has no effective Captain, so their ship stats are the main thing when considering whether to use them or not.
Tactical: 0
Science: 1
Engineering: 1
Diplomacy: 0
Tags: [Small Craft] (Ships with this tag have limited range and can only be sent on Missions 1Q from their base/parent ship. They also do not have assigned crews and use the crew rating of their base/parent ship. However they may choose their replaceable mission pod type at the begining of their mission rather than needing to use a mission and spend PI to change it like larger ships.) and [Repacable Mission Pod x1]

and yes right now the DS9 Runabouts have a qualified crew. Sorry for fogetting to includ these.

Edit: DS9 Runabouts added to the squadron threadmark

Edit2: Not commenting on anything else about this plan but

Plan Scout Our Foothold
Does have the Vancouver doing things in broadly known space. Like the commodore said in the briefing the systems close to Amoran have already been top level charted for the most part. So the malus from Tetner's tag would activate. i just want to make sure you know ahead of time that it does so that it doesn't come as a suprise if you keep with it.

Last edited:
Does have the Vancouver doing things in broadly known space. Like the commodore said in the briefing the systems close to Amoran have already been top level charted for the most part. So the malus from Tetner's tag would activate. i just want to make sure you know ahead of time that it does so that it doesn't come as a suprise if you keep with it.
With -1 to everything, the Vancouver is worse than one of our New Orleans ships, though still faster. And we don't have any other ships qualified to tackle a mission with a bunch of question marks. (Not unless we stacked ships together.) I think I have to change it, much as that makes the plan's name not work anymore.

The pulsar missions are 2Q away, but they're also Easy, so I think I'll send her to one of the Subspace Signals instead, if no one objects?

Tactical: 0
Science: 1
Engineering: 1
Diplomacy: 0
Tags: [Small Craft] (Ships with this tag have limited range and can only be sent on Missions 1Q from their base/parent ship. They also do not have assigned crews and use the crew rating of their base/parent ship. However they may choose their replaceable mission pod type at the begining of their mission rather than needing to use a mission and spend PI to change it like larger ships.) and [Repacable Mission Pod x1]

and yes right now the DS9 Runabouts have a qualified crew. Sorry for fogetting to includ these.

Edit: DS9 Runabouts added to the squadron threadmark

Damn, they kinda suck. A +1 or +2 still gives 95% or 98% chance of beating an Easy roll, so they might be good for clearing out easy 1Q missions, but we can do that later in the year if we want to. I feel like it'd look bad for us to immediately start relying on DS9 to complete our assigned missions, too.

Edit2: Not commenting on anything else about this plan but

Ah, so that mission is less "delve into the unknown" and more "go over what we've already surveyed" - good to know!

With -1 to everything, the Vancouver is worse than one of our New Orleans ships, though still faster. And we don't have any other ships qualified to tackle a mission with a bunch of question marks. (Not unless we stacked ships together.) I think I have to change it, much as that makes the plan's name not work anymore.

The pulsar missions are 2Q away, but they're also Easy, so I think I'll send her to one of the Subspace Signals instead, if no one objects?
I think that'd be a good plan.

It's really important for the two "Investigate X Subspace Signals" missions. None of our ships are specced for a pure Diplomacy check. Vancouver's +5 still has to roll 7 or over, a 58.33% chance, and the +4 the two Vancouver ships have would need to roll 8 or over, a 41.66 % chance. Those numbers are possible, but risky. But, if it's some kind of mixed science+diplomacy check, then our success chances might be higher.

Hold on, are your maths right there? According to Anydice.com the odds of a roll of 3d6 being 7 or higher is 90.74%, and 8 or higher is 83.8%.

Hold on, are your maths right there? According to Anydice.com the odds of a roll of 3d6 being 7 or higher is 90.74%, and 8 or higher is 83.8%.
*double checks* Oh. I thought we were using 2d6, not 3d6. Huh. Whoops. :oops:

Also, I've switched the Vancouver's missions over in my Plan.

*double checks* Oh. I thought we were using 2d6, not 3d6. Huh. Whoops. :oops:
That would explain it lmao

I was considering reworking my Plan if the two subspace signal explorers would've only had 50/50 odds on diplomacy rolls - don't wanna start our time as Commodore by kicking off a war...

Back