I think Meilu could adjust to that, y'know?

Like, she knows she's going to hilariously outclass all her old rivals, so she might as well make one of them into a disciple. At least that way she'll have one more person in her life she vaguely remembers thinking of as a real person. The current total is, what, zero? One?

If it's one, I'm pretty sure that one is Xi Fu. Given what she's said, now that she's pushed him past his block, he'd actually be able to cultivate to levels she considers vaguely acceptable on his own, so...
Ah. Right. He's a new person she thinks of as a real person.

I was thinking more of people Meilu clearly remembers thinking of as a real person, because she obviously has a lot of memories surrounding the person of Xiyi.

Honestly, my thoughts after this chapter are that as an Evil Overlord a cultivator, our protagonist could use someone with the brutal honesty and common sense of a 5-year old (she's 9, but that's closer to 5 than anyone else except the baby currently) to advise her on various things. Like the wisdom of making pacts with ancient demons.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a second...

Is the protagonist's name a bing chilling joke? Because of the whole "icy beauty" thing.

Not really, if he can convince Bing, she will get better cultivation treatment on the ship than anything she get's anywhere on the planet.

But like, she is too young to start cultivating this early (presumably why she can pick the spear, she didn't actually start yet), and her social life will suck on the ship, the only company being an eldritch monster in the body of a little girl, a bunch of gangsters, a few traumatized women, and the blood cultivator girl (who is the only real good company), spending there months might be bad for a child.

The obvious solution is stealing a few orphanages.
Wdym? That's like the perfect environment to bring up a peppy and cheerful protagonist who has way more power than common sense.

Last edited:
I'm only superficially familiar with Xianxia and its genre norms, but I'm having a rollicking good time with this story so far. I suppose one side effect of having an experienced main character who's crash-landed back at the base of the mountain and has to climb it again, as it were, is that her exposition about the process doubles as a primer for a genre newcomer about how all this stuff works! :grin:

I'm rather enjoying the bit where xianxia tropes are happenng from the other side. Like... talented kid of a neglectful merchant and his concubine who first discovers a mysteriously appearing book of spear techniques that's exactly what she needs to progress an then later finds out that her father is a talented cultivator who's going to bring her into his world. That's a classic starter, that is. Zhang Yi also obviously gets one of his starter cheats from the passage of the MC... and so forth. The tropes are there, they're just twisted around a bit.

Back