Bing Meilu is a peerless cultivator.

She also has a habit of adopting strays. She tells herself it is for useful minions, but... she admits the child is going to have yin-yang balance that is off. The child might not even be able to cultivate a yin-heavy method. But Bing Meilu already views the child as something she is responsible for protecting.

Bing Meilu explaining why the latest cartload of orphans she's rescued is actually part of a 5D chess move to gain greater power:

Does the offer also allow for her to take her faction with her? Because she's definitely not gonna leave her Heaven Defying Spear behind.

Does the offer also allow for her to take her faction with her? Because she's definitely not gonna leave her Heaven Defying Spear behind.
Hm. On the one hand, for all this dude respects boldness aimed elsewhere, I wouldn't feel safe assuming he'd grant it the same respect when aimed at himself, so straight-up demanding to bring her faction with her might not go well.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Bing Meilu can pull off a wonderful "Oh you honor me so, but I have responsibilities to the members of my faction and I could never dare to ask you to recruit them too."

On the gripping hand, she might not want to be a personal disciple to anyone who might actually take too close an interest in how she's cultivating.

Hm. On the one hand, for all this dude respects boldness aimed elsewhere, I wouldn't feel safe assuming he'd grant it the same respect when aimed at himself, so straight-up demanding to bring her faction with her might not go well.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Bing Meilu can pull off a wonderful "Oh you honor me so, but I have responsibilities to the members of my faction and I could never dare to ask you to recruit them too."
Let's be honest- Xi Fu having his spear heart already basically means he'd get instant discipleship if she mentions it. Getting them to come along wouldn't be hard... though harder for the ones who stayed behind at the armada.

She might want to keep things secret from him and thus refusing, but I'm unsure she actually cares about that? She's never been one of the "laying low" time travel types.

Why did soul search destroy his body?

My guess is that the technique allows the Saint to search someone's soul and see their memories, but has to tear apart their body and soul to do it. The soul is, in a sense, nested within the body, so destroying the body may allow the technique to reach the soul. The reason I speculate it has to do with accessing memories is that the Saint knew how Meilu talked to the Grand Elder.

Ah, yes, the peerless celestial technique of "Wahh! Mother! Father! Brother, sister, come quick! That big mean kid is going to hit me, and he started it! Wahhhh!"

It is a most storied and honourable formation, wielded and refined by cultivators and divinities throughout the eons.

Ah, yes, the peerless celestial technique of "Wahh! Mother! Father! Brother, sister, come quick! That big mean kid is going to hit me, and he started it! Wahhhh!"

It is a most storied and honourable formation, wielded and refined by cultivators and divinities throughout the eons.
The important part is making sure when you call in the big guns, said guns are swole enough

Chapter 57: Home Port
Transmigrated back into the body of her child self, can the mighty Celestial Bing Meilu survive in a Xianxia world all the while staving off the advances of arrogant young masters and wannabe protagonists alike?

Why is life so hard for the Icy Beauty?

Any corrections or criticisms are welcome, I hope you enjoy Chapter 57: Home Port

---

Would it be a good idea to become a Saint's disciple now? No. It would simply result in close attention that might make her appear suspicious. The less scrutiny on her until her rise to power, the better. She wasn't in desperate need of a Saint as a master anyways.

Beyond the simple pragmatism, it would be too much of a joke if a former Celestial who had stepped into the Paragon Realm for a brief moment took a Mortal as their master. It wasn't like they would know anything she didn't.

"I must turn down the offer, Sir. As a member of the former Moon Crying Swan Palace, there can only be one master in my heart," Bing Meilu cooly replied. "Though she may be dead, I was introduced to the world of cultivation by Prime Elder Hai Yu and she will always be my one master."

The Saint shrugged.

"The offer is always open if you change your mind," he tossed a messaging jade to Bing Meilu.

Her whole faction, and even the four sisters from the Swan Palace stared at her as if she were insane. Saints were not quite at the level of being old monsters, but they were all unrivalled top experts. Having one as a master was a huge opportunity. Bing Meilu hadn't even pretended to consider the offer before turning him down. What if she offended him?

"Might I ask sirs the meaning of this visit?" a mighty voice filled the air.

It seemed a Saint of the Redscale clan had appeared. A man floated in the sky, surrounded by a massive draconic aura that seemed every bit as powerful as the Armada Saint's aura. This was Hong Long Haotian, the current City Lord.

"That's precisely the question your Redscale Clan should answer me! By what utter failure of your justice enforcement did such flagrant demonic cultivation take so long to discover? Do you feel no shame that it took a Lieutenant from my Armada to root it out herself, when the Redscale clan has its own Saints?"

Bing Meilu raised an eyebrow. Even when crimes were committed by members of second-rate powers, it wasn't usual for the dirty laundry to be aired publically. Reputations had to be upheld. Yet, there were always those friendly and unfriendly to any power. It seemed the Saint who had come here was not on good terms with the Redscale Clan if he was being so bold in suppressing them publically.

"...The Redscale clan offers its most sincere condolences to any victims of demonic cultivation. The Elder of Law Enforcement has already been demoted. Respectfully, I don't think a matter this small warrants an appearance of the Armada. We have it handled."

"Really? You have it 'handled'? Then why exactly did the so-called Grand Elder of your Clan, Hong Long Houyi, just attempt to kidnap a member of the Twelve-Headed Bird Sect?"

The Redscale Saint fell silent.

"Don't tell me you didn't pay attention to the movement of one of your Grand Elders? Redscale city is not so large. You must have thought we would turn a blind eye to such behaviour!"

"Of course not - I just never expected a trusted member of our clan to do something so audacious! I promise a full investigation to determine the extent of his corruption!"

"No need, I already executed him," The Strike Force Commander declared ruthlessly. "I would recommend looking into the spirit iron trade in your city."

Hong Long Haotian gaped. To directly execute him without even giving the Redscale clan a chance for their own internal investigation was a complete slap in the face.

"Don't go too far-"

"Too far? If it weren't for the fact your clan's ancestor is martial brothers with our Supreme Adrmial, I, Commander Sheng Ran, would have gone ten times farther than just this! Don't forget, the Bird Talon Continent belongs to the Twelve-Headed Bird Sect! There is no such thing as too far when it comes to our matters."

Bing Meilu raised an eyebrow. She hadn't recognized him, because they'd never met in her first life, but Sheng Ran was a rather famous expert. A young genius who was completely unbridled and fierce. It was said he was straightforward and upright, always seeking to slaughter sinners and uphold justice, even to the point of offending various powers. She had assumed he was intentionally trying to suppress the Redscale clan, but from what she knew of Sheng Ran, this was how he treated anyone who he suspected of abetting a criminal.

With that, the Strike Force Commander flared his aura threateningly, as if preparing to fight. It seemed he could no longer be bothered speaking to the City Lord with words.

"...Please forgive this foolish descendant of mine, he's still young and doesn't understand how to admit his mistakes," A wizened old voice rang out, like that of a kindly grandfather. "Our Redscale clan is naturally always willing to listen to the decrees of the Armada. I've actually been asleep for too long and let my juniors run rampant. Please forgive this doddering old man. I'll definitely ensure a satisfactory conclusion."

Unlike the aura of a Saint, which seemed to burst from nature itself, the elderly voice seemed to appear inside the soul of everyone listening. To call Hong Long Haotian, a venerable saint of the previous generation a youth, it could only be the ancestor of the Redscale clan, Hong Long Aochang.

This was a Great Sage, someone who had begun to comprehend the natural laws of Heaven and Earth and was qualified to create their own notable faction. Not long ago, the Redscale clan were but one tiny force not even qualified to be called 'second rate' below the Four Hegemons. Otherwise, their territory would encompass a lot more than just Redscale City and the Ashen Mountain Range. Hong Long Aochang had built it up into a power worthy of respect with his own blood, sweat and tears.

Part of this was because he was a sworn brother and supporter of the young Tang Xi, a genius and Chosen of Heaven who had become the Supreme Admiral of the current-day Armada. Naturally, when the crown prince became emperor, even his chickens and dogs became officials. The Redscale clan received many favourable deals with the Armada that helped it grow even further.

Bing Meilu had not really expected the matter to go far enough to draw the attention of the Redscale's Great Sage. Above Great Sage, there were only two Ancient Sages active in the Bird Talon Continent, the dual ancestors of the Armada. Aside from them, Great Sages were the peak experts. Each one was an irreplaceable expert.

'Whoever destroyed the Moon Crying Swan Palace likely also had to be an Ancient Sage at least, if not higher,' Bing Meilu thought. 'As for who, I can't say. I'll naturally learn more when I'm stronger.'

In the face of a promise from an old monster from the senior generation, even Sheng Ran, who had seemed ready to fight to the death a moment ago became docile. His aura fully retracted, and boats began to teleport away.

"If honoured Senior gives his world, this junior will naturally oblige. Actually, I've always looked up to the fame of Senior and wonder if he could be willing to give me one of his renowned Heroic Flame Teas!" Sheng Rang declared.

Even Bing Meilu snorted at the shamelessness. Only a moment ago, he was demanding an explanation from the whole Redscale clan, but now was asking for a souvenir as if he were a tourist or something.

"This old man is always happy to help out a fan," the ancient voice chuckled. A crimson tea appeared before Sheng Ran, who happily pocketed it.

After that, his ship flew a distance from Redscale City, and he turned to Bing Meilu.

"Is there anything else?" he asked her.

"Actually sir, I do have some more matters to report," Bing Meilu said to the Armada Saint. "This orb seemed to be at the center of Elder Fang's demonic cultivation."

She pulled the Yang-refining orb from her spatial ring, the one that detailed Elder Fang's ritual. A demonic item like this couldn't just appear randomly, especially in a stronghold of orthodox cultivators like the Redscale clan. Clearly, it had been given to Elder Fang by someone. But who?

Sheng Ran took it, inspecting it with narrowed eyes. A trace of rage appeared as he read the ritual described on it.

"A tool that can be used to refine the Yin blood of women into the Yang vitality of men, and even use their lives as help for the breakthrough," He directly crushed the orb to dust in his hand, voice disgusted. "Something like this can only be from those rats of the Heaven Rejecting Lavatory!"

In her first life, it had eventually come out that many such demonic rituals core were secretly distributed by the genius of the Heaven Rejecting Conference, Daoist Skyfall. He was seeding discontent and evil through the twelve prefectures of the Continent. Furthermore, any who had been foolish enough to use his orb for cultivation were reduced to a sacrifice whose lifeforce could be drained at any moment.

Of all her genius enemies, few were as annoying as Daoist Skyfall had turned out to be. A Chosen of Heaven who had turned to the path of demonic cultivation was originally an existence that was fundamentally impossible. His very breath was proof of a breakdown in the functioning of the Heavenly Daos, an omen of something to come.

Only when the God-Blood Crisis began did people understand what could have allowed strange anomalies like Daoist Skyfall to exist. Cursed black blood rained down from the skies, and the laws of the world were thrown into disarray. It was a threat to the very existence of the World System of the Great Flock Realm and its myriad planes, something that even Chosen of Heaven like Flame Princess Xiyi died to.

Bing Meilu had been uniquely qualified to survive it as a Yin cultivator. In fact, the countless curses and spirits of resentment that destroyed other power and killed several of her rivals only became a resource for her further rise. Without the God-Blood Crisis, it may have taken her countless more years to reach the Truth-Dao Realm, and her path would have been much deadlier with those geniuses surviving.

Still, at this point, Daoist Skyfall was yet to be on anyone but Bing Meilu's radar and wasn't a well-known genius. If she could make things harder on this annoying enemy of hers, it would be good.

"Before he died, Elder Fang said something like 'Daoist Skyfall, save me!'. Could it be he had an accomplice? If so he could be the one who gave Elder Fang the orb. This junior asks you to look into the matter," Bing Meilu bowed reverently.

At this point, Daoist Skyfall was only in Core Formation or Nascent Soul, if her memory served her. If she could toss a Saint or two at him, that would be ideal. He had tried to assassinate her countless times and even nearly interrupted her breakthrough to Great Sage.

"Daoist Skyfall? I haven't heard the name, but I'll definitely be on the lookout," The Armada Saint nodded. "Now, is there anywhere you would like me to bring you?"

---

The Bing Meilu's Faithful Slaves Faction marched their way down towards Seventieth Port Snake.

At its head was Bing Meilu. Within her, Seventy-Two icy moons rotated, each at the third stage of Foundation Establishment. Her aura was like that of a whole legion of icy demons superimposed over one tiny, childlike form.

Li Ji stalked to the side of Bing Meilu, hands clasped behind his back. In his flowing robes, he seemed rather scholarly, like an official come to collect taxes. His cultivation was only at the fourth stage of Foundation Establishment. Still, if any who had known him just a few short months ago saw him now, they would be astonished at the quality of his aura.

Directly behind her was the Inner Circle. The Elemental Five were all at the eighth stage of the Foundation Establishment. Their Qi seemed perfectly merged, constantly flowing between the five without end in a generative cycle. Their very cultivation method was a formation at this point, always active, even when they slept.

When an elite array like the Five Bones of the Origin God was unleashed by the five of them, even a mid-stage Core Formation expert might lose their life.

Even more fierce were Jiang Hu and Xi Fu, both covered in the restrained aura of a Core Formation Captain. They seemed like a fierce dragon and unblockable spear as they strode across the ground.

Ji Hui's aura was actually the strangest of all. It seemed utterly invisible but eye-catching, like a hidden vortex drawing on to look toward him. Only those who had a comprehension of the Daos of Yin, Yang or Taiji would notice the complexity of his Qi.

Even the Outer Circle had undergone a complete transformation. With the crippled Zhang at the head, they marched like an elite legion of soldiers, covered in the Manyhearts Sheild Formation. Presently, one was at the eighth stage of foundation establishment, one at the sixth, and the rest were at the peak of Qi Condensation.

Furthermore, there were four hooded women to all seemed to be in Foundation Establishment.

The disciples milling by the mission gate looked in shock at the scene. They could sense the aura of Core Formation Captains, but each Core Formation in Port Snake was well known and accounted for. Had there been a recent breakthrough?

The faction directly marched into the mission hall, ignoring the curious stares of others, they made their way over to a receptionist.

"Bing Meilu's Faithful Slave's faction, reporting in."

The receptionist scanned their tokens, before blinking in confusion.

"I think something wrong with the machine..."

The mission hall tracked the cultivation level of disciples before and after they left the Port. Whoever, according to what she was seeing, countless disciples had advanced to foundation establishment, one had directly jumped from the start of the second realm to the third and more... It was unbelievable.

Bing Meilu could have tried to hide the explosive increase in cultivation power, but she didn't bother. Compared to the direct scrutiny of a master that could expose one's secrets, it was fine to be broadly viewed as a shocking genius by the masses. Such a reputation would even deter enemies, and one would win without having to lift a single finger

"It's accurate," Bing Meilu smiled.

Soon, every power in Seventieth Port Snake would be looking into her faction.

Damn that was unreasonsble, that elder that got his soul vaporized wasn't so bad nor did he deserve to die for it.

Like, it's not a "destroy your soul" offence, but as far as xianxia retribution goes, he kind of deserved it.
Also, while Bing Meilu was certainly making implicit threats in that conversation, he was the one who escalated to violence first. Which, like, that was always something the Twelve-Headed Bird Sect would have murked him for trying.

Very "play stupid games," even outside of what he was doing it for.

And Bing Meilu didn't try to force the conversation to end, for all she was unmoving; while I don't think she believed there was anything he could say that could change her mind, she wasn't trying to deny him the chance to come up with something. Perhaps she could have handled things more cleanly, but I don't think there's any reason to say it was her responsibility to do so.

I mean, he wanted to sequester a rape victim just to get powerlevels. Like, it's not a "destroy your soul" offence, but as far as xianxia retribution goes, he kind of deserved it.
Yeah but rape in xianxia is kinda normal, in this case it already happened and wasn't his fault so 'why should he care'... and he only took the girl without harming anyone. For xianxia, that's pretty nice.
They both had a claim to the unborn child, for all the dude knew he was giving plenty of respect to Bing, then she escalated to not even giving him a chance to walk away.
Sure, 50% he'd hold a grudge, but also likely he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Last edited:
I mean this is the guy who raised up a demonic rapist and he showed basically zero self reflection or shame about that.

Yeah but rape in xianxia is kinda normal, in this case it already happened and wasn't his fault so 'why should he care'... and he only took the girl without harming anyone. For xianxia, that's pretty nice.
Well in that case, so is destroying weaker people's souls and he didn't kill everyone to the seventh degree so that was also nice. Xianxia morality just is non existant.

Back