Minor nitpick, but sometimes it can be a little hard to distinguish between internal dialogue and actual dialogue, especially when internal dialogue is interspersed within dialogue. Ie, "did she actually say that, or is she only thinking it?"

I know that you distinguish between the two by using single quotes for internal dialogue, but those can easily be confused and it takes a second to distinguish even if you know what you're looking for.

Maybe, there's a more obvious way to distinguish?

Minor nitpick, but sometimes it can be a little hard to distinguish between internal dialogue and actual dialogue, especially when internal dialogue is interspersed within dialogue. Ie, "did she actually say that, or is she only thinking it?"

I know that you distinguish between the two by using single quotes for internal dialogue, but those can easily be confused and it takes a second to distinguish even if you know what you're looking for.

Maybe, there's a more obvious way to distinguish?

Probably making the internal dialogue italicized may do it.
I'll try and make it more clear in future posts

And of course note that not all Xianxia works actually did the research.
A lot of these are written by novel mills or basically fanfics of OTHER Xianxia works.
You know, funnily enough, the first Xianxia I ever wrote online was a shitty crossover fanfic between Worm and a Xianxia called Sage Monarch

Chapter 48: Progress
Transmigrated back into the body of her child self, can the mighty Celestial Bing Meilu survive in a Xianxia world all the while staving off the advances of arrogant young masters and wannabe protagonists alike?

Why is life so hard for the Icy Beauty?

Any corrections or criticisms are welcome, I hope you enjoy Chapter 48: Progress

---

Deep darkness engulfed the Drake. It could not see or hear anything. Chilly ice enclosed it, binding it tightly. The Drake growled and twisted to no avail.

A cold tingling filled the back of its spine. Then the Pain began, and soon, there was only the Pain. It encompassed its whole perception, in a sense it was like its whole world. The Drake vainly screamed at the Pain. For a long moment, it stewed useless in agony.

Soon, he learned to push back on the Pain. Yet every bit of progress he made, only caused it to redouble, to assault him with greater fervour. Like roots digging through the essence of his being, he felt like he was coming apart.

In the Pain came clarity. Jiang Hu could feel every aspect of himself torn to shreds. Feebly he pushed back on it, and yet each time he made progress, the Pain would increase. It was like it was toying with him.

Death was inevitable.

A horrible sense of doom filled him, like a knife digging into his throat. Every moment he fought with everything, only for the Pain to dig deeper into him. He could feel his very soul crying out in fear.

He felt, on the edge of his mind, energy. Weakly, he reached out to his cultivation base. Fiery Qi assaulted the Pain. For an instant, there was relief.

The Pain exploded again, countless times worse. What he had felt before was child's play. His mind bled and tore as he fought with everything he had. It was useless.

The Pain forced its way deeper. He was going to die.

All of a sudden... The Pain left.

For a long time, fog clouded him. He felt nothing, saw nothing, heard nothing. He was conscious- but it was like he was trapped in amber and darkness, cut off from the outside world. The Pain had been like the brightest star in the sky, and even with it gone he was rendered blind to the myriad lesser lights.

Jiang Hu floated in the darkness. It felt like a long time had passed. Slowly, he felt a chill on his skin. He blinked, opening his eyes. The sight of the Ashen Mountains greeted him.

"I-I'm alive?" he gasped. "Hahahah! I'm alive!"

He felt the ice around him melt, and he collapsed bonelessly to the ground. He tried to move, flopping numbly like a fish. Yet he couldn't bring himself to care. All he could think about was his own survival.

'I'm alive? I'm alive! I'm fucking alive!'

"Ahahhha! I'm alive!" Jiang Hu roared, voice filled with deep happiness.

He looked down at his own hands, smiling in wonder. Gingerly he stood, a broad grin covering his face. He felt as if he had suddenly been granted life from certain death, like he had been spared a horrible fate. Every breath he took was indescribably joyful.

"Jiang Hu, you've awakened." he could hear Bing Meilu speaking from behind him.

The man had no idea what was going on. He was too busy enjoying life to try and remember.

"Yes! I have, and isn't it a wonderful world to wake up within? The Ash-wyverns are hunting, lava is bubbling up from that volcano and the bloodthirsty roars of Drakes fill the air!"

"I'm sure," she said.

Jiang Hu stretched his sore muscles, looking around. Finally returned to the world, he recall what had happened. He could remember losing control and attacking Mu Gong. Now, he could still feel the fierce, hungry draconic instincts bubbling within but... they no longer felt threatening. He could easily clamp down on them and remain in control. They were nothing compared to fighting the Pain.

'Pipe down, the master is in the house!' he thought, smirking

"You've broken through to Foundation Establishment, boss?" he asked, sensing the dense aura of ice-cold Qi around her.

She had handily beaten him while only in Qi Condensation. Now they were in the same Realm, he couldn't imagine how much stronger than him she might be.

He turned to face her. As he met the girl's frosty eyes, he suddenly felt an indescribable fear and terror fill him. His heart began to beat, his blood began to pump. The hairs on the back of his head rose.

It was like every instinct in his body was screaming at him to run in fear, like he was staring at the face of a hungry tiger, only he had stopped being afraid of tigers a long time ago. His very soul was in danger, something more precious than anything else.

'I'm... afraid?'

Jiang Hu rarely felt fear. Though, for some reason, he felt as if no emotion could overwhelm his will. He noted the fear but chose to not act on it.

"The fear will pass," Bing Meilu waved her hand. "Your soul will eventually become used to my presence."

"I'm sorry- What happened? How did I come back from that state, and why do I feel this fear?"

"Your will was overwhelmed by the draconic instinct you've been cultivating within yourself. I took the opportunity to temper your will through controlled damage to your soul," she explained, as if what she was saying was normal, and not batshit insane.

Jiang Hu blinked in confusion.

'Temper my will through my soul? Who the fuck would think of that? The soul is the most fragile part of one's existence?! No one touches it!'

He shook his head. He had long since learned to not question Bing Meilu's choices or tactics. In his opinion, there was no way even a Grand Elder of the Moon Crying Swan Palace could create a monster like her. Perhaps she was actually from a far more mysterious background.

'Either way, my wagon is hitched to her, whoever she really is.'

"I want to test out my new strength," Bing Meilu said slowly. "Go grab Xi Fu and the outer circle members."

The tall man nodded. He walked over to his tent, where lay a large red-golden sabre. He had ripped it from the eye of the Third Realm Drake and killed it using it, but he honestly had no clue how to use it. Clearly, it was a powerful treasure someone had lost in the drake's eyes, probably killed by the beast.

"Xi Fu! Boss wants you!" Jiang Hu shouted. "All you outer circle boys as well, get your asses over here!"

Even though it had been weeks, not being the leader of the Crimson Dragon Faction was still somewhat surreal. Either way, he was still the one with the highest cultivation and most respect, so he could get away with acting like a leader. Though privately, he felt like it wouldn't be long until he was surpassed.

"Are you sane now?" Xi Fu walked over, leaning on his spear.

"If I wasn't, would you still be alive?"

"Well, yeah. I could totally kick your ass," Xi Fu shrugged. "The only issue is not killing you."

"You're a million years too early for that, manslut!"

"Why am I the manslut? It's not like you laid off the booze and women either! The only difference is I actually seduced those women but you had to rely on your spirit stones because the heavens saw fit to give you a face as ugly as your personality," Xi Fu smirked.

"Bah, just barely in Foundation Establishment and already forgetting to treat his elders with respect. Junior, do you dare?"

Both the men broke out into laughter, falling into a comfortable silence as the outer circle faction members arrived. Mu Gong gave Jiang Hu a wary look.

"Sorry about that, brother Gong" Jiang Hu bowed his head in apology "I lost control of my cultivation and almost killed you."

"Oh, what's a little injury between brothers?" Mu Gong shook his head. "Given how close we are, I think we can let small matters like this slide. Still."

He could tell Mu Gong was just being respectful.

"No, no, I, Jiang Hu, know how to take care of my brothers and pay my debts," the man smirked. "How about a trip to Seven Pleasures Brothel when we get back to the sect? I'll buy out their whole staff for you to enjoy for a week."

Mu Gong seemed to stifle a laugh, and Jiang Hu paused in confusion. He could see Xi Fu and the others looking behind him with strange expressions. Jiang Hu spun around to find an unimpressed-looking Bing Meilu.

"Men..." she shook her head in disdain. "I suppose I've been giving you lot too much free time if you feel so at ease casually wasting days in brothels. I think a new, more vigorous training schedule needs to be devised."

Every one of the BMFS members glared at Jiang Hu, promising revenge, especially Xi Fu.

"Jiang Hu, come at me first," she declared, hands folded behind her back.

The other faction members retreated to a safe distance. Jiang Hu readied his red-gold sabre. His legs erupted with draconic strength and he exploded towards the still girl, slashing his blade.

Her hand smashed forward, blooming with white-blue light. Jiang Hu felt an incredible force smash into him, sending him backwards. Compared to the force of the Third Realm Drake, it was weaker, but he could tell she had been barely trying.

"The Rose-Gold Brightsaber isn't just a heavy stick for you to whack with," the girl spoke up. "As a magical treasure, its strongest ability is its combination of Fire and Metal Qi. Essentially, the hotter it becomes, the sharper it cuts."

"You know the name of this weapon?" Jiang Hu asked.

"Let's just say I've had a lot of experience fighting someone with it," she said, with the tone people used when they knew something you didn't.

Jiang Hu took her advice. Fiery draconic qi flared from his hand, pouring into the sabre. It seemed to become a greedy vacuum, eagerly absorbing every drop of flame he could provide. A brilliant golden light erupted from the blade as it grew hotter, pulsing with an aura of metal Qi.

"Steel Slash Slays Serpent!" Jiang Hu exploded forward, unleashing his sabre art.

Liquid metal rushed from Bing Meilu's sleeve, a huge spear forming. She thrust forward with incredible speed towards his stomach. Jiang Hu dodged to the side barely, his own attack slashing out uselessly into the air. He barely ducked another thrust, before slicing at her.

Their weapons met for a moment. His eyes widened as he saw the light from his Brightsaber dull. Each time they clashed, his blade grew colder and slower.

'She's using her icy Qi to cool and dull my sabre!'

Jiang Hu's draconic power rumbled, he opened his mouth and a gout of fire exploded forward, firing towards Bing Meilu.

She shot into the air, carried by a chilly wind. Staring down at him imperiously, she clasped her arms behind her back. Hundreds of icy spears formed in the air behind her, pointed at Jiang Hu. His fighting instincts told him that this wasn't an attack he could survive.

"I've reached my limit," he called out.

The icy spears dissolved into light, and Bing Meilu floated down.

"How did I do?" he asked.

"Not as disgustingly poor as when we first fought," she sighed. "But I'd hoped I could get you to an acceptable level by the time we returned to the sect. As is, your foundation is still far too weak to be able to easily kill the average third realm Cultivator."

'Kill the average third realm cultivator?' Jiang Hu felt Bing Meilu's standards were completely insane. It had taken the whole faction and liberal use of expensive healing items to kill a single injured early Core Formation Drake. Did she really expect him to be able to do it on his own?

"The Redscale Drake's Metamorphosis is a decent cultivation technique, leagues beyond the trash most low-level cultivators get their hands on. Not to mention the Rose-Gold Brightsaber is an impeccable third-tier magical treasure for the Bird Talon Continent, and you're even practising a strong sabre art, the Dragon Slaughtering Saber Arts of Xianwu in The Steel. It's completely possible for you to reach an acceptable level if I drill you hard enough."

"First of all, you still fight like you're in Qi Condensation. You should be making far more use of your advantages. Flight, complex magical arts and intricate Qi-based attacks. All of that becomes possible in the Second Realm. Secondly, you fight like a human. You are building the physical body of a Drake. Rely more on your bestial power. I want to see biting, clawing and wild attacks. You haven't internalized the offensive aspects of your body cultivation. Lastly, practice more with the Brightsaber. It still hasn't accepted you as its master, but once you know how to properly draw out its advantages, you'll become much stronger."

Next, she called over a nervous-looking Xi Fu.

"If this attack doesn't impress me, I won't let you see any girls for a year."

Bing Meilu had finally figured out how to motivate the lazy spearman. A hesitant expression appeared on his face.

"Alright."

He lifted his spear, drawing it back. Invisible Spear-Intent coiled around the weapon. It began to glow bright and his entire cultivation base flooded into it. A tyrannical aura erupted from him as a serious expression covered his face. This was the will of Heaven-Defying.

Weeks of steady practice had increased his control over his Spear-Intent dramatically. He could actually force it to flow relatively straight, at least for a short bit. So long as he didn't improve it any further, he would be able to keep it controlled. But that was now the exact opposite of what he wanted. He closed his eyes, imagining the Drake he had fought, and the tyrannical aura of domination it released. His own Heaven-Defying Will erupted. Nothing would block his spear!

"Lawbreaker!" he leapt forward, thrusting.

This was the attack with the most complete comprehension, one designed to rip away the law-empowered dragon scales. He wasn't sure of what it would do to a human, but he did not want to really find out.

"Heaven-Earth Inverting Palm!"

Xi Fu screamed as he felt his Spear Intent suddenly disappear like someone had ripped it out of his control. He blinked in shock, looking up at Bing Meilu, who had a terrifying smile on her normally blank face.

"Wonderful," she purred, eyes boring into him like a drill. "Did you figure this move out on your own?"

"Uh, Boss, I did?"

Xi Fu shivered at the look Bing Meilu gave him. He suddenly felt like he had made some sort of mistake.

Chapter 49: Breakthroughs
Transmigrated back into the body of her child self, can the mighty Celestial Bing Meilu survive in a Xianxia world all the while staving off the advances of arrogant young masters and wannabe protagonists alike?

Why is life so hard for the Icy Beauty?

Any corrections or criticisms are welcome, I hope you enjoy Chapter 49: Breakthroughs

---

Over the next few weeks, progress was made rapidly. The Ashen Mountains were a sacred ground for cultivation, the air dense with spiritual energy. Foundations tempered by constant combat and flush with countless natural treasures to aid them, everyone made progress, either in cultivation base or if not that, in strength and mastery of techniques.

Of those already in the Second Realm, Mu Gong stepped from the fifth to the seventh stage, Shang Bolin from the third to the fifth, and Xi Fu from the fourth to the seventh. Jiang Hu was already at the peak of Foundation Establishment, and he instead focused on his combat prowess, martial arts and sabre skills, integrating his newfound power into his fighting style

The first to break through to Foundation Establishment were the Elemental Five. Furious thunderbolts ripped down from the sky, armouries of lighting weapons and huge lightning beasts.

An enormous diagram of the Sixiang formed. Daoist Eartheart stood in the center shadowed by the image of a yellow dragon. In each of the cardinal directions, one of his comrades stood. In the north, Daoist Seagreen was covered by the image of the Black Tortoise. In the south Daoist Flamemight was covered by the Vermillion Bird. In the East was Daoist Goldsnake with the White Tiger, and Daoist Broadforest in the West with the Azure Dragon.

Circling around the images of the five beasts was a glowing diagram of the Bagua, the Eight Trigrams. According to the Early Heaven Sequence, Zhen, Thunder was opposed by Xun, Wind. Qian, Heaven was opposed by Kun, Earth. As fiery Heaven Qi and torrential thunder rained down, wind and earth rose to meet them, mingling and destructing in a complex interplay that filled the air with dazzling light.

This was the most basic mastery of the supremely profound World-Genesis Procession of the Four Symbols. At a higher level of mastery, they could seize full control over the eight trigrams, and eventually, the sixty-four hexagrams that represented all of creation. To the Elemental Five, it seemed completely Heaven Defying.

Though, in truth, it was just one of the countless 'low-level' formations memorized by the Celestial-Realm Bing Meilu as she sought to expand her knowledge and fill the boredom of an eternal life where interesting events may take thousands of years to develop, and people could go into closed-door cultivation for countless lifetimes. It was uncommon to find an old monster who hadn't dabbled in various arts and represented nowhere near what an actual competent formation cultivator in the higher realms could achieve.

No matter how much thunder or extermination came down from the skies, the formation easily defeated it. The Tribulation raged endlessly, as the auras of the five jointly rose into Foundation Establishment. The clouds faded soon after.

The next to break through was none other than Li Ji. A nervous expression covered his face, sweat causing his long hair to stick to his face.

"You can do this, Li Ji! The paperwork is in order, there's no way the Heavens can prove I did anything wrong. Just stick to the plan." he slapped himself to clear his nerves.

He stood atop a mountain, beginning to dance in accordance with the Evading The Jade Palace Heavenly Steps. As he did so, his Qi and Aura changed completely, until he, to the non-physical senses, seemed like a completely different person. His Qi had become a humble axe cultivator, rising to the Second Realm. This was the identity Li Ji had prepared for the tribulation. The basis of the astounding art was akin to using identity theft to avoid a conviction for a crime. You couldn't be punished if you became a different person, after all. A profound Dao indeed.

Of course, such a rudimentary strategy would only work on the weakest of tribulations. In the end, the Heavens were not blind and could see through any trickery... given enough resources, of course. However, it wasn't like they could extend an infinite amount of resources to every low-level tribulation. Just like a mortal tax office could not invest the time to deeply investigate every random person, they only used their investigative resources if there was already a reason to assume something suspicious had occurred. Li Ji would have to master a deeper form of the Steps if he wanted to survive a Core Formation tribulation.

As expected, when the tribulation came, it lacked the wrathful energy of absolute extermination and was balanced by a strong vitality. Li Ji let loose shrill screams as lighting rammed into his flesh, charring him. He reinforced himself with yin-metal qi, his organs becoming like jade and his bones like gold, his flesh becoming like a living ore. At the same time, he desperately absorbed the life force to recuperate his wounds. Blood splashed from his mouth and screams filled the air as he hung on for dear life. Indeed, if he had faced the tribulation 'rightfully' meant for him as a follower of the 'heretical' Bing Meilu, he would be dead.

But, the tribulation quickly faded, satisfied it had doled out enough punishment on the poor accountant, who began to imbibe healing pills, a bittersweet smile covering his face. At least he had successfully broken through.

"Aah! That hurt!" he wailed. "Why the hell are the painkillers so slow?"

Days later, Ji Hui began his own breakthrough.

A solemn aura covered his face as he stood atop a large hill, looking at the gathering thunderclouds above.

"For many generations, my mortal ancestors revered you. I must apologize. Anything that blocks my Dao... Is not worthy of reverence. I, Ji Hui have my own path, I will walk it to the Peak. Let the Die be cast!"

The Beast-Man Becoming Art roared from within him, and the essence of the Corpse-Refining Red Wolf flared around him, a deathly yin chill. The yin swirled around him, forming into a spectral, frosty un-fire, as the Earth-Flame Ghoul Armor took shape.

Of the Eight Trigrams, this was Kun, Earth. The opposition of the highest Yang that formed Heaven, it was of pure yin. The first lighting bolt struck down onto his armour, blazing with fiery authority.

Within it, he could feel the rejection of every principle he held, a demand he crawl back into the earth like a good human.

Perhaps at first, he had cultivated a Spirit-Dog art from sheer ignorance, of a whim. He did not know what it represented. Perhaps if he had known the difficulty, not even his love for Spirit-Dogs would have drawn him to this path.

But he was on it now. And every obstacle in his way, whether years of stagnant cultivation, dangerous Red-Wolves, or even the anger of the Heavenly Dao - All of it only solidified his commitment to his chosen path. He would cultivate like a Spirit-Dog until he reached the peak of the Martial Way.

"Screw the hell off!"

Ji Hui refused to rely on his armour as he had been advised. Earthy flame erupted around his palm, lancing into the air to directly challenge the tribulation clouds. He would show the Skies his resolve!

Meanwhile, Li Ji and Xi Fu observed him from afar.

"Did- Did he just try to shoot the clouds?" the metal cultivator asked in complete confusion. "His attack is too short-ranged to reach that high - Does-does he even knows he missed?"

"He must not, he just did it again..." Xi Fu chuckled.

Ever since the day the mere third-tier Qi condensation idiot had angrily challenged Jiang Hu to a duel for eating a wild dog, only to be beaten into the ground and forced to join their faction as a result, he had proven time and time again as a single thing. He was definitely an idiot.

Both sighed. A classic Private Ji moment.

---

Lightning bolts rained down upon Ji Hui, penetrating through his thinned armour to lightly sear his flesh. He hissed but did not relent, challenging the fury of the skies with his Earthflame.

Next, weapons of all sorts began to fire down at incredible speed. Swords, spears, sabres, axes, halberds, pikes, arrows, maces and more, all aimed at him.

He slammed his fists forward, empowering with the bestial might of a Spirit Dog. Punching and slapping, he knocked the weapons aside, ignoring the outer layers of his hands charring from the thunder.

The pressure of the tribulation ramped up. A huge snake of thunder slunk down, maw open. He fired a blast of Earthflame, weakening the serpent. It rammed into him, exploding into thousands of tiny bolts of lightning that slammed into his skin to leave tiny wounds.

The next to come was a huge boar of fiery Heaven Qi that charged down at him, rearing its head to gore him with its horns. Ji Hui smoothly jumped, slamming his foot down and crushing its spine from above.

His foot tore through the lighting beast, his Yin earth flame and the Yang lighting exploding when they came into contact. A huge jolt of electricity jumped into his next and he howled in pain, scars running up his legs as the electricity cooked muscle.

Unable to walk and peppered with dozen of thunder-based scars, Ji Hui furiously stared up at the skies.

Then, the unthinkable happened. From the sky charged a huge, cow-sized lighting beast... in the shape of a Spirit Dog. A wild idea occurred to him. Rather than fight back, he raised both arms in a welcoming gesture. The Spirit-Dog of thunder slammed into him, ready to extinguish his life.

"Beast Man Becoming Art!"

His meridians opened, wildly absorbing the Qi into them, attempting the union the Beast-Man Becoming Art was known for. His meridians crackled and popped from the sheer, torrential fury of the thunder as it poured into his organs with wrath. In his Soul, the Corpse-Refining Red-wolf he had absorbed roared. Would it disappear should he assimilate the new creature?

'Of course not! I would never abandon a Spirit-Dog!'

The thunder-dog's chaotic will poured into his already shattering Dantian, meeting the Red Wolf. The two forces collided chaotically, cracks running through his Dantian. Ji Hu frowned. Why were they fighting? He pondered it for a moment.

"Hey, get along! You may be very different looking... but you're both dogs! Despite their differences, even the most opposed Dogs are one species, of one lineage, from the same source! Your differences are only superficial, the results of generations of human breeding preferences!"

A profound aura resounded through their air at his words, as if the Great Dao had descended. Flowers bloomed to life, growing around him despite the chaotic energy filling the air. As the saying went, even the plants and animals would benefit when a Sage expounded the Dao.

The yin-earth Red-Wolf and the Yang-Heaven lightning began to merge, flowing into each other until a single black and white Taiji symbol appeared.

In Truth, Yin was Yang, and Yang was Yin. It was a fact easy to be spoken of in words, but hard to truly understand. The human mind could scarcely look at fire and ice, the sky and the ground, and see the same existence in both, even if they said aloud that they did.

But Ji Hui could indeed look at two completely different beings, one a murderous, bloodthirsty wolf filled with yin-fire, and a spiritual construct of lighting with no true life, and see them as fundamentally the same thing. After all, to him... they were just both dogs. It was a realization both profound and simple at the same time.

Coughing up blood, Ji Hui collapsed, even as his foundation slid fully into Foundation Establishment.

---

Bing Meilu pinched her brow in exasperation as she stared down at the moron.

'Didn't I explicitly instruct him to use the Earthflame to block tribulation? How the fuck did he manage to pour fucking tribulation lightning into his fucking meridian system?'

'Tribulation Lighting' and 'Your Meridian System' were two phrases that should never, ever, under any circumstances be put in the same sentence. Any cultivator who heard her words would shiver in absolute terror.

"The blasted fool actually shattered seventy percent of his meridian channels," her voice rose in disbelief. "And half his Dantian..."

Even Li Ji, who had the lowest combat power of any of the Inner Circle, should have been able to avoid taking any direct damage to his meridians from the Heavenly Thunder. It couldn't be stressed enough how important a Qi cultivator's meridians were. Even Body cultivators often had a need of them. They were the spiritual organ used to cultivate and without them, one could never hope to advance. Most would rather let a family member die than shatter even one meridian.

Not to mention, what happened to Private, now Lieutenant Ji was somehow even worse than normally destroying one's meridians. After all, being only in the second realm, the items needed to heal the meridians were not that uncommon. The real issue was the lingering Heavenly Law infecting the wounds, making them impossible to heal normally.

Now, it did just so happen to be that Ji Hui was in likely the only group in the whole continent with a relatively easy way to purify heavenly will. Had he been anywhere else, he would likely be doomed. Purifying Tribulation Energy was simply not worth it for a mere second realm with no backing.

What insane luck.

'Is there a god of Spirit-Dogs somewhere looking out for this idiot? Or maybe it's the Dao of Heaven screwing with me?'

"Go get me Xi Fu," Bing Meilu sighed. "And An anti-shatter soothing fern and a bottle of broken Qi reversal pills."

Li Ji nodded and ran off.

---

A moment of such profound stupidity that not even the Heavens were prepared for it. Nor will they be prepared for whatever the next thing he does is.

If he has no idea what he is doing, neither will the heavens.

Doing something stupid and having a higher power save you from your stupidity is a time honored tradition that Private Ji has learned to tap into. I'm curious how long he can keep this up before the MC decides to cut her losses with him.

...or maybe she does something more cruel and forces him to eat spirit dog.

Back