Bad Media That You Enjoy

"Music is the weapon" Uh no I think guns are. There's guns for controllers but no guitars or tambourines. Unless they're just sending us out there with outdated weapons. Or maybe we need to make music with the guns, like make a beat out of shooting metal cans and tapping things with empty magazines.

Every moment spent firing actual bullets rather than CDs in that game is a wasted trigger pull.

"Music is the weapon" Uh no I think guns are. There's guns for controllers but no guitars or tambourines. Unless they're just sending us out there with outdated weapons. Or maybe we need to make music with the guns, like make a beat out of shooting metal cans and tapping things with empty magazines.

You literally throw CDs as an alternate weapon in the game.

First apologies for such late participation in this thread.

I loved Iron Man 3.

"But it doesn't have The Mandarin!"

Oh no, no racial stereotype magician who would stick out like a fucking sore thumb with how the MCU was at that point, how terrible./s And I rather enjoyed how it was more of a Tony film then a 'big robots fighting' flick.

But no, we can't have our films focus on the psyche of a character, bevause everything must be ACTION and EXPLOSIONS and LASERS! Which that film had, but everyine ignores because it's the cool film to hate.

Oh no, lack of racism or not IM3 was still a pretty subpar movie, and it's exploration of pscyhe into character was only in so much as mass-market, mass-consumption action cinema will allow (if that's what you're genuinely looking for you're barking up the wrong tree with Marvel). Or better yet YouTube what Mickey Rourke has to say about what they cut out about his character from IM2 to really understand what I even mean with that "barking up the wrong tree" comment. But this is the terrible media you love thread so I would be remiss for further criticism :)

I for one would be hypocritical given the massive amount of terrible media I love. Hell I watch entire networks dedicated to little more but their own flailing efforts at mass-market, mass-consumption media and for all their efforts trying to hit the most base demos possible and precisely because of such come up with some pretty terrible, awful crap. Velocity Channel, Freeform and...some networks I'm outright ashamed of publicly admitting (or at least admitting on Sufficient Velocity/Spacebattles).

Here are some examples:

This is genuinely one of the worst automotive-centric programs I've ever seen, or one of the worst reality programs I've ever seen period. The video really speaks for itself, but if you can't view it currently, it's a distillation of typical reality "build" programs down to its core essence - a 44-minute screaming match between two butting personalities also featuring copious amounts of belittling random build assistants. It's also very clear that the skills and automotive knowledge of the two butting, screaming personalities is extremely poor. There are on-camera instances that heavily suggest that much of what is shown on-screen is staged, which shouldn't come as a surprise in the least. I like it for one reason and one reason only: shadefreude. I just find it fascinating that these two personalities can fail so badly, both at their on-screen job and on the actual program presentation, yet can still put out a completely arbitrary and staged win at the end.

(you can probably detect a theme here)

More or less the same as above but with higher production values and the screaming, butting personalities actually demonstrate basic automotive knowledge. But the personalities, as it turns out, are at least entertaining to watch.

Keeping it sci-fi, I did enjoy SyFy's Ascension even though, yes, it was pretty terrible. The production values of the Ascension ship set itself were pretty impressive, and it had interesting ideas of crew interaction at the beginning (it would've been a half-decent attempt at a slice-of-life drama show, inside a generational spaceship). But then they pulled their "twist" and it all collapsed, on-screen and ratings-wise (if it even had the ratings to begin with).

I'm also way too much a fan of Inuyasha than I should be. And I'm with @Aaron Fox on Gundam SEED.

Oh, and I really should mention one more program, particularly since I mentioned Freeform:

I watch it solely because I have a huge crush on Troian Bellisario and to a lesser extent Shay Mitchell. That's literally the only reason. I can't even tell you what the hell else is going on in the show. I can't tell you who A is or barely what any of this A nonsense is. I don't even care for Lucy Hale or Ashley Benson, which shocks most people who watch this show mostly for..."that" reason.

Last edited:
Back