Azeroth in Chaos (Warcraft/Warhammer CK2)

Wonder how Fel and Arcane will interact/contrast with Chaos/Dhar. Like will Fel Corruption 'protect' from Chaos Corruption? Can you use Arcane to use the Winds of Magic?

[X] Wildhammer Dwarves
[X] Tauren
[X] Nerubians

I prefer the Dwarves, but since no one is voting for it, I'll pick a couple of acceptable alternatives. I don't want to play as the Arakkoa, I'd rather play as a faction that was actually in Azeroth at this point, and the interesting part would be seeing how they deviate from canon as a result of Chaos.

Wonder how Fel and Arcane will interact/contrast with Chaos/Dhar. Like will Fel Corruption 'protect' from Chaos Corruption? Can you use Arcane to use the Winds of Magic?
I doubt the arcane will allow for the use of the winds of magic. There's a question of if the winds truly are a natural form of 'pure' magic or if its just the paradigm the Old Ones used, in which case it would be more an alternative to the arcane. Besides, the only ones who might know about the winds are the Chaos gods, and they wouldn't share them.

Um that still doesn't answer my question? Are these high Arakkoa aka the flying ones or the Outcast aka the cursed flightless one? Because both group got fucked over by the horde.
The High arakkoa.

Fel is Chaos and Arcane is Order. So more compatible with Fel than Arcane.

[X] Nerubians

Slightly disappointed we only have an option to play on the Warcraft side of thing but this does still seem like a great ideal for a quest.

[X] Nerubians

I am intrigued by this one. Not often you see the spider people so it would be interesting to flesh them out in this. Also the fanfic Nerubian journey on space battles inspires me with this choice.

The Nerubians have the least established lore of them and building on that would be great. Not to mention it gives us the strongest start and we already know what is coming anyway. A whole kingdom to work with from the get go.

The Nerubians have the least established lore of them and building on that would be great. Not to mention it gives us the strongest start and we already know what is coming anyway. A whole kingdom to work with from the get go.
In that regard both the Nerubians and Zandalari fit. Though I guess the Trolls don't have their empire anymore, but both have seers/prophets.

Spooders are winning over Birbs by one vote
Adhoc vote count started by NotteBoy97 on Feb 19, 2024 at 9:05 PM, finished with 31 posts and 21 votes.

Come on pick birbs they never get attention while spooders are a favorite child of us weirdos on the internet

I would have preferred the dwarves since we'd be close enough to a lot of important nations and characters to see how they're effected by Chaos, but the Nerubians are really cool in their own right. Between the scourge, the trolls, the faceless ones, and their cool lore, they make good quest material even before Chaos is involved.

Character Creation
Azjol-Nerub. The ancient aqir empire of the north. Your seers report visions of the empire drowning under a sea of the dead, tyrannical dragons, and the stirrings of the Old Gods. You are the new Spider King, chosen to lead your people through the encroaching darkness.

Stats
Martial: Influences military size and morale, chances of victory in led armies.
Diplomacy: Influences persuasion, how much people like you.
Stewardship: Influences economic research, trade and realm size.
Learning: Influences research.
Willpower: Influences magic and ability to resist magic.
Intrigue: Influences chances to detect plots and the likelihood of your own schemes succeeding.
Combat: Your personal skill and prowess in a fight.

[]
Name:
Choose 1 Background
Choose 2 Traits

Commander: An innate grasp of tactics and strategy has served you well. (+5 to Martial, -2 to Diplomacy, -2 to Learning. One additional Martial slot at start)

Negotiator: Your broodmates have always known to come to you when they want something or when they have a problem. (+5 to Diplomacy, -2 to Learning, -2 to Intrigue. One additional Diplomacy slot at start)

Administrator: Numbers come easier to you than most, in another life you would have been a vizier. (+5 to Stewardship, -2 to Martial, -2 to Combat. One additional Stewardship slot at start)

Scholar: You have spent long nights in the grand libraries of Azjol-Nerub seeking knowledge. (+5 to Learning, -2 to Martial, -2 to Combat. One additional Learning slot at start)

Spymaster: You have always known how to learn things that you shouldn't know. (+5 to Intrigue, -2 to Diplomacy, -2 to Stewardship. One additional intrigue slot at start)

Champion: Larger and more powerful than your broodmates, you are a true terror on the battlefield. (+5 to Combat, enemy champions will seek you out and you are always in the thick of it)
Anatomist: A Spider Lord's body is their weapon and you have mastered yours quite well. (+2 Learning, bonus to anatomy and Spider Lord magic)

Attractive: You are considered to be rather preferable by the Queens when it comes to breeding. (+2 Diplomacy, better spousal/consorts choices and relationships)

Architect: Like the great architects of Azjol-Nerub before you, your works are true wonders designed to last for millennia. (+2 Stewardship, decrease to construction costs and time)

Brave: You fear nothing! (+2 Combat, bonus to will saves)

Duelist: You love testing your mettle against others. Naturally, you've gotten good at it too. (+2 Combat, bonus to duels)

Gregarious: You always know just what to say. (+2 Diplomacy, bonus to public and foreign opinion)

Guardian: Azjol-Nerub is your home and it Will Not Fall. (+2 Martial, bonus when defending)

Iron Will: Minds are like buildings with their doors shut. Yours is a fortress. (+2 Willpower, bonus against mind-affecting or corrupting magic)

Persuasive: You always find the right words, be it small talk with the worker castes or in the many cultural debates for the Queens, Vizars, and the like. (+2 Diplomacy, bonus to persuasion)

Smart: You are smarter than most. (+1 all stats)

Sneaky: Nothing as big as you are has any right being this sneaky… but you manage it. (+2 Intrigue, bonus to stealth)

Spy: What good is a secret if you don't know it? (+2 Intrigue, bonus to intelligence gathering)

Strategist: Knowing how the bigger picture comes together is your specialty. (+2 Martial, bonus when commanding)

Suave: You are valued, know how to manipulate others, slay your enemies, and know how to look good doing it. (+2 Intrigue, opinion bonuses doubled, opinion maluses halved)

Logistician: You have always had an innate grasp at making sure what you need arrives when you need it. (+2 Martial, +2 Stewardship)

Thrifty: Money is the underpinnings of the Empire and you know how to make more of it. (+2 Stewardship, +15% increase to income sources)

Researcher: The royal library of Azjol-Nerub is massive and you have spent much of your life browsing through the tomes and scrolls within. (+2 Learning, more likely to find information you are looking for)

Inventor: As advanced as Azjol-Nerub is, you have found yourself envisioning new techniques and technologies. (+2 Learning, bonus to designing new technologies)

Traveler: Unlike the others of your kind that live in seclusion, you have spent many days stalking through the hard landscape of Northrend and hunted and met the different races you encountered there. (+2 Martial, +2 Diplomacy, slight bonus to all scout and foreign diplomacy related rolls)

Strong: The greatest minds and natural talents of your lineage have been distilled in you through careful and selective breeding. (+4 Combat, bonus against disease, harder to kill, counts as 2 traits)

Scholar: You love learning whatever you can (+4 Learning, +2 Stewardship, -2 Intrigue, -2 Martial)

Genius: The greatest minds and natural talents of your lineage have been distilled in you through careful and selective breeding. (+2 all stats, counts as 2 traits)

Warrior: You were bred to have a large, powerful physique and trained since birth to be the greatest warrior king you could be. (+5 Martial, counts as 2 traits)

Aristocrat: As a young spiderling you often followed your Queen and Viziers around and learned from them the secrets of being a good leader, negotiator, and plotter as the Spider King of your people. (+3 Stewardship, +3 Diplomacy, +3 Intrigue, counts as 2 traits)

Last edited:
[x] Plan "Silver tongue, iron mind"
- [x] Name: Sirtas
- [x] Background : Negotiator
- [x] Trait 1: Attractive
- [x] Trait 2: Iron Will

[X] Plan Shieldwall
-[x] Name: Anub'ergan
-[x] Background: Commander
-[x] Trait 1: Architect
-[x] Trait 2: Guardian

Azjol-Nerub has stood on its own for thousands of years. We don't need the help of the Tuskar or any other surface-dwellers - what we need is to strengthen our fortifications and have a strong leader commanding our armies. Anub'ergan is the spiderlord for the job.

(Really, I see the appeal in a diplomat, but I'm not sure it's what the Nerubians would choose so I'm putting this out there.)

Back