Okay. SHIELD, you've shown that you've got a knack for railguns with the Insight Carriers. Time to go GDI on some 'bots that have a CABAL complex.

Man, this is un. Freaking. Believable.

And I thought that James Spader could be scary when he was playing Raymond Reddington. At least then he was often Affably Evil. Now? Now he's 100% evil, and he's terrifying!

You know in regular Marvel the broken Captain America shield is an iconic image because the shield is indestructible, in cinematic Marvel the shield is obviously strong (what with taking that Thor strike in Avengers 1) but it's not particularly noteworthy, killing Iron Man suits would seem just as impressive

Beyond that we have Hulkbuster Iron Man suit confirmed (actual fight may be Ultron hijacking a suit though), some stuff in Europe somewhere which is likely Hydra (what with the castle, snow and energy weapons) and a plan that apparently involves moving lots and lots of water (all the stranded tankers)

In terms of visuals I'm liking the Ultron design, the eyes and jaw give him a somewhat unsettling look (Ultron in the comics always struck me as too much of a 60's design in terms of the basic shapes that make up his face)

You know in regular Marvel the broken Captain America shield is an iconic image because the shield is indestructible, in cinematic Marvel the shield is obviously strong (what with taking that Thor strike in Avengers 1) but it's not particularly noteworthy, killing Iron Man suits would seem just as impressive
Well, except that the shield is obviously much stronger than Iron man suits. We've seen people tear up the suit without too much trouble, but no one has yet to damage the shield, not even Thor, who's arguably the second strongest, and possibly the most powerful individual currently on Earth.

Besides that, the broken shield represents broken Avengers. It isn't so much about how hard you managed to hit it, it's that you've managed to defeat Captain America and destroy the unity between the Avengers. It's how a broken cowl represented Batman's fall in TDKR, where the cowl itself is really nothing special.

I was really worried that they wouldn't get the effects right on James Spader's voice and either make it too normal to be a robot or too unrecognizable to be James Spader, but they really pulled it off.

Wait, James Spader is Ultron? That's fantastic! I'd watch the movie just to see him chew the scenery with his mighty robot teeth.

Well this is interesting. Can't wait to watch.

Ultron looks and sounds amazing.

Ultron's face reminds me of Megatron from the live action Transformers movies, mainly the first one.

I wanted Ultron's voice to be more robotic. Also, don't like the broken shield. Half the time it gets damaged in the comics, it's through a brute force attack that's sorta glossed over. Destruction through some exotic effect is much truer to its general depiction. I guess we'll see in the movie.

Last edited:
Interesting that what looks to be a very "junk heap"-type version of Ultron is powerful enough to crush an Iron Patroit suit's skull in, as well as presumably stand up against the Avengers considering the context of the scene and it's relation to the Comic-Con preview...and it isn't even his final form.

Hell yeah for Ultron.

Back