As Black As Fate: A Mormegil Quest (ASOIAF/LOTR)

[X] Epic Quest Gained: The Star of Earendil: A boy king sits the throne of seven kingdoms, and behind him, a Lion with proud eyes, and a Lioness with cruel ones. In his hands, a Wolf's head. Five Kings march to upend his throne, and in their wake, death follows. Find the Deathless man, and follow the Star to the Sea.

War of the Five Kings is badass. I mean, if it loses I wouldn't mind changing to Robert's Rebellion. Hopefully we could side with Rhaegar and kill Bobby B.

I'm leaning towards Dance of Dragons for sheer chaos and less worries about killing characters I like. But I'm slightly concerned about the amount of necessary world-building compared to the other options.

Hmm. Could someone list the identities for all the "Find the X"? I'm not sure about some of them, and it seems like that'll determine our starting location and main quest. :)

[X] (WARNING) Epic Quest Gained: The Flame of Iluvatar: Dragons dance in the sky as blood waters the earth. A land, divided by queen and king. A family, split by brother and sister. A dragon with three heads, spitting flame upon itself. Find the Kingmaker, and follow the Star to the Sea. (Warning: This is a very different time from the Game of Thrones you know, with dangers and rivalries that cannot be predicted.)

[X] Epic Quest Gained: The Sickle of the Valar: A dragon, mad and raving, sits sprawled across the earth, and green fire belches from his lips. A great Stag rides against him, and in the distance, a Dragon-child is born with a Wolf's eyes, a Prince that was Promised long ago. Find the Little Lion, and follow the Star to the Sea.

I don't want to be tortured by Telamon because people wanted dragons.

Hmm. Could someone list the identities for all the "Find the X"? I'm not sure about some of them, and it seems like that'll determine our starting location and main quest. :)
I am not sure, but here are my guesses:

Find the Deathless man. I'd say Brynden Rivers is the only one who can be called that. He should have died decades ago.

Find the Little Lion. The only one with that title is dead for centuries, so this might be Jaime? Tyrion is a toddler around this time, I think. Edit: He is 9 years old. And Jaime is definitly where things are going hottest in the rebellion.

Find the broken man. Maybe Sandor around this time? With the serious wounds and abandoned by Aria?

Find the littlest lord. I'd guess Tyrion. If only because I have that Miracle of Sound song in my ear when I hear that title.

Find the Kingmaker. Criston Cole, the Kingmaker. Started this bloody mess.

Last edited:
[X] Epic Quest Gained: The Sickle of the Valar: A dragon, mad and raving, sits sprawled across the earth, and green fire belches from his lips. A great Stag rides against him, and in the distance, a Dragon-child is born with a Wolf's eyes, a Prince that was Promised long ago. Find the Little Lion, and follow the Star to the Sea.

[X] (WARNING) Epic Quest Gained: The Flame of Iluvatar: Dragons dance in the sky as blood waters the earth. A land, divided by queen and king. A family, split by brother and sister. A dragon with three heads, spitting flame upon itself. Find the Kingmaker, and follow the Star to the Sea. (Warning: This is a very different time from the Game of Thrones you know, with dangers and rivalries that cannot be predicted.)

[] Epic Quest Gained: The Star of Earendil: A boy king sits the throne of seven kingdoms, and behind him, a Lion with proud eyes, and a Lioness with cruel ones. In his hands, a Wolf's head. Four Kings march to upend his throne, and in their wake, death follows. Find the Deathless man, and follow the Star to the Sea.

War of the Five Kings. Deathless man would be Beric Dondarrion?

[] Epic Quest Gained: The Sickle of the Valar: A dragon, mad and raving, sits sprawled across the earth, and green fire belches from his lips. A great Stag rides against him, and in the distance, a Dragon-child is born with a Wolf's eyes, a Prince that was Promised long ago. Find the Little Lion, and follow the Star to the Sea.

Robert's Rebellion. Little Lion would be either Jaime (he's still young right now) or Tyrion.

[] Epic Quest Gained: The Jewel of Meneltarma: A great wolf lies dead, in a pool of it's own blood. About it, carrion crows peck and tear at it's flesh. In the east, a dragon wakes, and in the south, the sun rises with fire and blood. Find the broken man, and follow the Star to the Sea.

Right after the Red Wedding. Broken man is a tough one. Maybe the cripple Doran Martell? Or Septon Meribald.
Broken men

[] Epic Quest Gained: The Swordsman of the Sky: A quiet, harsh peace lies over the land. The stag grows fat and lazy, but vipers nestle in the bosom of his realm. The wolf rides south, the lion stirs, and further beyond, a Stallion Mounts the World. Find the littlest lord, and follow the Star to the Sea.

Beginning of A Game Of Thrones. Littlest lord would be.... Littlefinger? (I guess it could be Tyrion, but I don't think two options will have the same person so....)

[] (WARNING) Epic Quest Gained: The Flame of Iluvatar: Dragons dance in the sky as blood waters the earth. A land, divided by queen and king. A family, split by brother and sister. A dragon with three heads, spitting flame upon itself. Find the Kingmaker, and follow the Star to the Sea. (Warning: This is a very different time from the Game of Thrones you know, with dangers and rivalries that cannot be predicted.)

The Dance of Dragons. Criston Cole, the Kingmaker?

Last edited:
[X] Epic Quest Gained: The Swordsman of the Sky: A quiet, harsh peace lies over the land. The stag grows fat and lazy, but vipers nestle in the bosom of his realm. The wolf rides south, the lion stirs, and further beyond, a Stallion Mounts the World. Find the littlest lord, and follow the Star to the Sea.

Ooh, most of you are rather spot on with your guesses.

Well, except for the broken man.

I would advise you to look North.

Last edited:

Rebellion sounds fun.

[X] Epic Quest Gained: The Star of Earendil: A boy king sits the throne of seven kingdoms, and behind him, a Lion with proud eyes, and a Lioness with cruel ones. In his hands, a Wolf's head. Four Kings march to upend his throne, and in their wake, death follows. Find the Deathless man, and follow the Star to the Sea.

[X] Epic Quest Gained: The Swordsman of the Sky: A quiet, harsh peace lies over the land. The stag grows fat and lazy, but vipers nestle in the bosom of his realm. The wolf rides south, the lion stirs, and further beyond, a Stallion Mounts the World. Find the littlest lord, and follow the Star to the Sea.

Ser Wilbert Osgrey was known as the Little Lion, but that was during the reign of Gyles III Gardener of Highgarden.

I'd say it's Jaime. He is the Kingslayer, after all.

Back