Are You Afraid of the Dark? [Worm AU fanfic]

Puppies Family is serious business, just ask John Wick.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, was half expecting Chewie to die to complete the John Wick crossover. Very much glad Chewie was saved.

Overall, a fun chapter to read. Thanks Ack!

The best power is, always and forever, a well-planned strategy. Letting poor luck events get the better of you is for chumps.

Are you afraid of the Dark? With Danny's rep, fuck yes. Even better, it's almost guaranteed a Cape will underestimate him.
Their last mistake.

Last edited:
Why do I get the feeling that Hookwolf's gonna be bragging about this in the next life/Vahalla/wherever he ends up in that he met his end at the freaking DARK? :D

"Wait!" Rachel normally wouldn't have pushed things this far, but she had to know. "Who the hell are you?"

He asked a question then, and walked off leaving her scratching her head. What did he mean, was she afraid of the dark?
And then Lisa pisses herself when Rachel happens to drop that bomb on her. Word naturally finds its way back to Coil. He decides to pull a kidnapping of his own.

Cue his exit, stage death.

Even Coil isn't that dumb. At least, he'd try hiring the guy first.
Not to mention that Coil's advantage is that he does not suffer the consequences of bad actions, at least when they happen short term. He can affort to try to kidnap Taylor, see his entire empire crumble and then decide how much of a bad choice it was and undo the kidnapping. In fact since no one knows who the Dark is there is a chance that he does not have the necessary intel to try first, at least in purpose.

What its more possible is that Coil, Lung, the E88 or someone else get Taylor hospitalized as collateral of a fight or a botched crime. What's even more possible is that Sophia and Emma try something else against Taylor (or worse, her puppy), and in the process of investigating the bullies he discovers the goverment's connection (and that would end with a very dead Ward and a very dead daughter of a lawyer).

Danny as John Wick? Holy shit, do you accept cash, credit, debit, or the souls of orphan children as payment in order to make sure that this fic gets finished?

Very very good! I loved all the little details and the happy ending. I don't know if I would be more happy if you left it here or if you continued it but I like that it ended this way tbh.

Danny as John Wick? Holy shit, do you accept cash, credit, debit, or the souls of orphan children as payment in order to make sure that this fic gets finished?

He does have a Patreon reward for the low l9w cost of $20 per month to commission a chapter but only two of them and they always seem to be taken when I am reminded of all of his great works. -g-

Damn, Danny cleaning house. There's a joke in there somewhere about Danny saving a puppy by killing a cricket and a wolf while getting unexpected help from a dog.

How permanent you make you make the dissuasion is up to you.
"you make" repeated in here.

Juggling his weapons from one hand to the other, he shrugged out of the Empire jacket. It had long since served its purpose, and would be more of a drawback than a convenience from here on in. Shaking it out, he draped it over Cricket's face, more as a civilised gesture than an act of conscience.
Didn't he already stuff the jacket in his backpack just before Cricket showed up?

The best power is, always and forever, a well-planned strategy.
It is also the unsung power that Skitter relies on. Her escalations are this principle taken to its logical extreme.

Even Coil isn't that dumb. At least, he'd try hiring the guy first.
Coil hires mercenaries, and is also connected and careful enough that, unlike a lot of people with Skitter (who see a teenaged girl who got lucky), he'll hear the Dark is active, crossed paths with his Undersiders, and try to hire him...and if turned down, be very professional about it. Maybe extend a retainer offer: don't take a job on Coil or certain individuals he names, and Coil will pay him for the service.

The Dark, as shown in this story, has a rep that is one Coil would absolutely respect. Provided he's canon Coil, or one of the better fanfic Coils, and not Wile E. Coilote. Who has a tendency to show up in crack fics and revenge fics targeting him.

Coil, playing smart and gathering intel first, could potentially find out about Taylor's school situation. Including Sophia, who he probably already knows is Shadowstalker. Presenting Danny with a dossier of evidence about how one of Piggot's Wards is tormenting his daughter, after Piggot took the unorthodox step of getting the Wards under PRT control, would be a compelling incentive for Danny to accept a job killing Piggot. That would advance Coil's civilian goals, and serve as a nice parallel to John Wick 2's "go kill someone you really shouldn't kill" plot.

Coil, playing smart and gathering intel first, could potentially find out about Taylor's school situation. Including Sophia, who he probably already knows is Shadowstalker. Presenting Danny with a dossier of evidence about how one of Piggot's Wards is tormenting his daughter, after Piggot took the unorthodox step of getting the Wards under PRT control, would be a compelling incentive for Danny to accept a job killing Piggot. That would advance Coil's civilian goals, and serve as a nice parallel to John Wick 2's "go kill someone you really shouldn't kill" plot.
Ah; I've been tossing up (to make Danny more palatable as a ruthless serial killer) that he and Annette had two rules; one, they didn't kill anyone under sixteen unless that person had done something particularly dire. And two, they didn't kill honest law enforcement. Bent cops Danny would shoot right in the face, but straight cops, nope. So unless he was presented with clear evidence that Piggot was on the take, or using her position for personal gain in other ways, she'd be out.

Of course, this doesn't preclude a midnight visit to inform Piggot that she really should up her game.

Also, Coil getting the information that Taylor is Danny's kid and that she's being bullied by a Ward is kind of impressive, even for the resources that Coil can muster.

Not to mention that Coil's advantage is that he does not suffer the consequences of bad actions, at least when they happen short term. He can affort to try to kidnap Taylor, see his entire empire crumble and then decide how much of a bad choice it was and undo the kidnapping. In fact since no one knows who the Dark is there is a chance that he does not have the necessary intel to try first, at least in purpose.

What its more possible is that Coil, Lung, the E88 or someone else get Taylor hospitalized as collateral of a fight or a botched crime. What's even more possible is that Sophia and Emma try something else against Taylor (or worse, her puppy), and in the process of investigating the bullies he discovers the goverment's connection (and that would end with a very dead Ward and a very dead daughter of a lawyer).

I can see Coil doing something that hurts Taylor in a minor/medium way (like a broken leg or arm) and keeping that path as it was the better option for him BEFORE Danny finds out about Taylor's injury and who was responsible...

What about the option that the PRT knows who Danny is, since everyone seems to know John, but they just can't move against him for whatever reason like in the movie (for example the cop - who is probably being paid off or works for the continental tbh; "Noise complaint." *sees dead body* "Ah, working again?"). So like Piggot has a presentation for the Heroes/Wards, and Sophia has a bit of a freak out at how badass Taylor's dad is.

Wait, does Alan know about Danny and Annette?

Also, saw the movie tonight, have to say I really enjoyed it. Hopefully the second one is as good when I watch it tomorrow night.

2) I will follow canon as closely as I can.

Blood dripped down from the corpse pinned to the overhead electromagnet. Danny waited until the last twitching had ended, then he cut the power. Hookwolf's mangled body fell to earth, landing with a clatter as some of the metal armour was jolted loose.
Pretty ballsy to put your usual disclaimer on this fic when you've apparently decided to remake Hookwolf's power here nearly out of whole cloth.

It works narratively for this story, but don't pretend you didn't just basically substitute how Kaiser's power works for Hookwolf's here and rather sloppily at that.

On the other hand the story is good enough that you've actually tempted me to go watch John Wick, so well done there.

What about the option that the PRT knows who Danny is, since everyone seems to know John, but they just can't move against him for whatever reason like in the movie (for example the cop - who is probably being paid off or works for the continental tbh; "Noise complaint." *sees dead body* "Ah, working again?"). So like Piggot has a presentation for the Heroes/Wards, and Sophia has a bit of a freak out at how badass Taylor's dad is.

Wait, does Alan know about Danny and Annette?

Also, saw the movie tonight, have to say I really enjoyed it. Hopefully the second one is as good when I watch it tomorrow night.
A few things are different in this story. Not everyone knows who Danny Hebert is. Law enforcement might, and have a totally unofficial hands-off policy, due to it just not being worth the body count to poke the bear (and also because the Dark made it a point not to target law enforcement or innocents).

Alan wouldn't know. He'd know of the Dark, but not that that's Danny and Anne-Rose.

Back