Appeals for Cornhole threadbans

Tithed_Verse

Vainglorious
Pronouns
They/Them
I don't have any Cornhole threadbans I want to appeal at this time. I am appreciating the increased moderation that allows OPs to ban disruptive influences from threads, though this obviously works better with more dedicated OPs.

I'm just asking to see if the procedure for appealing a threadban from a Cornhole thread has been determined yet, and what that process would be? Would it work like a standard appeal? would the OP of the thread get a say in it?

I'm a little confused squish: It says "you can't appeal it unless the staff determines it's inapropriate"

Which I'm reading to mean that there *is* a route to appeal it, just not the traditional one. That route being "The staff determines it's inappropriate"

I'm trying to understand what that route is exactly: How would one theoretically ask the staff to review a cornhole ban. Would it be through reporting the post on question?

It's nice to have clear answers for everyone on the forum to understand.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused squish: It says "you can't appeal it unless the staff determines it's inapropriate"

Which I'm reading to mean that there *is* a route to appeal it, just not the traditional one. That route being "The staff determines it's inappropriate"

I'm trying to understand what that route is exactly: How would one theoretically ask the staff to review a cornhole ban. Would it be through reporting the post on question?

It's nice to have clear answers for everyone on the forum to understand.

So it's like the QM bans for quests, if the OP wants someone gone from the thread they are gone unless it was done for super obviously discriminatory reasons.

So it's like the QM bans for quests, if the OP wants someone gone from the thread they are gone unless it was done for super obviously discriminatory reasons.
Are we talking like... racism and bigotry discrimination or 'I do not want you, specifically, in this thread' ?

Cause if it's the latter that almost seems to defeat the purpose of OP-enabled moderation.

Are we talking like... racism and bigotry discrimination or 'I do not want you, specifically, in this thread' ?

Cause if it's the latter that almost seems to defeat the purpose of OP-enabled moderation.

Racism and bigotry.

The only way to deal with a ban if the OP doesn't like you personally is to get the OP to stop disliking you.

I propose a system within the corncob forums themselves, one where the People preside over matters concerning threadbans within the forum. The threadbannee can appeal against the threadbanner, arguing with or without the help of a definitelynotlawyer. The people presiding over each case will be a rotating cast of colorful characters selected through sortition, on a rotating basis each appeal. Staff are not allowed, of course.

The results of the appeals will then be pressured onto the losing party, either reinforcing the threadban or overturning it.

This way, the People can decide the way the forum goes, and everyone is happy.

If you get banned from a corn thread because the OP is enforcing bigotry, is there really a good reason to keep participating even if the threadban were overturned? The bigotry is the punishment, not just the threadban, and the appeal cannot overturn the bigotry.

If you get banned from a corn thread because the OP is enforcing bigotry, is there really a good reason to keep participating even if the threadban were overturned? The bigotry is the punishment, not just the threadban, and the appeal cannot overturn the bigotry.

Probably not, but if an OP of the thread is running things like a bigoted fiefdom, the staff would probably like to at least know it was happening!

I don't have any Cornhole threadbans I want to appeal at this time. I am appreciating the increased moderation that allows OPs to ban disruptive influences from threads, though this obviously works better with more dedicated OPs.

I'm just asking to see if the procedure for appealing a threadban from a Cornhole thread has been determined yet, and what that process would be? Would it work like a standard appeal? would the OP of the thread get a say in it?
Presumably, you would appeal to the OP, and they would decide whether to overturn your threadban.

Back