Antagonistic SI

Why not get a partner.

They tell you what's going on, you react. So it's a dance where they weave the world around you and you are just fumbling around looking for familiarity.

It's undoubtedly more genuine as an SI fic too.
I mean, in many ways that'd be my ideal, although I'm not sure I'd necessarily trust the judgment of someone else, in some ways? I'm not the most trusting person, I guess.

But certainly, a lore expert sort of person to work with somehow would be preferable, for making sure the story factors all canonical elements whether that is to be more a 'them running the setting' kind of thing or more a 'them telling me things I am unaware of for me to do the writing myself' kind of thing. I have reasonable confidence in my ability to keep rough track of what I actually know already and thus not write the SI magically knowing things I learn to write the story.

EDIT: Actually, going ahead and writing down what I already know so if I do secure a lore expert I can with more confidence write 'me as I already knew things'.

Last edited:
I've actually considered writing a Song of Ice and Fire SI that kinda fits into this concept?

I usually get pretty frustrated with standard SI's in Westeros because I tend to see them as uncomfortably accepting of the status quo is Westeros (that is to say, unchecked exploitative feudalism), so I've always figured that if I were SI'd into Westeros, I'd do my best to kick the status quo in it's stupid teeth and put something better in its place. So it'd probably involve lots of printing presses and conspiring with Maesters and stuff, rather than trying to defuse the War of Five Kings and save all the woobies. (and maybe teaching La Marseillaise to the Kings Landing mobs)

You know, because Sansa is a nice girl, and doesn't deserve what happens to her, but the constant civil wars in Westeros kill tens of thousands of peasants, who are, you know, people too.

So, yeah, I figure I'd make a pretty good ASOIAF antagonist.

You mean the fuckers who are directly contributing to the danger of the real threats facing the world by actively trying to suppress magical knowledge and manipulate the political system to their ends?

Yup! Exactly those fuckers!

Although, to be fair, the number of people not manipulating Westeros' political system for their own ends can probably be counted on one hand with fingers left over.

Back