All Things Devoured (Worm/DeadSpace)

[X] Costume #2. Looks, uh… happy meal. 'Wouldn't you like to see something strange?'
-[X] Begin working on changing it from "Happy Meal" to "Russian Fairytale". Grow mouths in your hands to sing terrible songs, seal your eyeholes with skin but put eyes on the end of a tendril tongue, grow an asymmetrical number of fingers in weird places, make your skin crawl in unnerving directions as you move...if everyday is Halloween, then you're the Devil herself!
[X] Armsmaster

Last edited:
You know, if we manage to pull of the liked by children yet horrifying to villains, I imagine the PRT will start getting letters from kids requesting Deadpan come scare the monster out from under their bed or closet.

Last edited:
I understand that Costume 2 is better suited for Taylor's powers, but I think, that zombie girl option will be more interesting story wise. She would look much more vulnerable, causing sudden body horror scenes when being attacked. Also PR vs overboard horror struggle will be more interesting.

Deadpan: Zombie-girl idea was genius, they always aim for the head, leaving my limbs alone. Maybe I should carry around spare one on my patrols, like in bowling bag?
D.Piggot: ..... NO.
-----
D.Piggot: Why did you go into meatlocker at Empire 88 hideout?
Deadpan: I thought that sick maniac was hiding his victims there. Aaaand I suddenly remembered that I missed by lunch because of Armsmaster.
D.Piggot: Now police is sure that maniac was hiding his victims there.
Deadpan: So if I stumble on another meatlocker I could blame it on this maniac?
-----
Deadpan: So I've came up with a plan to decrease cost of my upkeep.
Armsmaster: I'm listening.
Deadpan: It features Alabaster, reinforced straps and automated lumbermill.
Armsmaster: Hmm, efficient.
-----
D.Piggot: I've read reports about you chasing Leet on small spidery legs.
DeadPan: His teleport malfunctioned, leaving my lower half behind and going after him on my arms was too slow.
D.Piggot: So why do I talk to dogocentaur now?
Deadpan: One of Hellhound beasts intercepted and kind of ate me, so I did reverse Aliens thing jumping out of its spine.
D.Piggot: .....
Deadpan: And-it-is-kind-of-handy-Armsmaster-have-his-bike-KidWIn-have-his-hoverboard-can-I-keep-it?
-----
DeadPan: *Looks at director hesitantly.*
D.Piggot: .....
DeadPan: *Draws a breath and opens her mouth.*
D.Piggot: NO.

Last edited:
[X]Costume #2. Looks, uh… happy meal. 'Wouldn't you like to see something strange?'
[X]Prt registered mortician. If your going to look like a zombie ask the blokes with all the best zombie jokes.

Grosstoad's Costume Fanart
Was kinda inspired...

But I don't feel like I do #3 justice.

EDIT: I am really unsure if I should go the mummified zombie or a fleshier zombie for #3? The last experiment by Taylor seems to suggest she'd be going for a more decrepit version, but that might just be the face... Chewed lips, or something.

@UnwelcomeStorm?

Last edited:
Yeeeeee, fanart! I loves it!

#3 is pretty spot-on, and to tell the truth was the original costume I considered as the default for this quest. A less sexy, more angry Lollipop Chainsaw... and the chainsaw is made out of her hand. Beating people with her own limbs is also pretty acceptable.

Leaving the vote open for a while, though from the looks of it #2 has a solid lead. I think people in general need to remember something about this thread, though...

This is not Voracity, or Warrior of Dusk, or Constellations. The Nightmare Before Christmas tone and angle might not go as you're expecting.

This is not Voracity, or Warrior of Dusk, or Constellations. The Nightmare Before Christmas tone and angle might not go as you're expecting.
IE Bad Things Will Happen No Matter What You Do.

I'm honestly not sure that's a good way to do a quest, but I feel like I already talked about that somewhere, so I'll try not to harp on it or otherwise be annoying.

I have to ask for the sake of clarity, is the write-in for a PRT mortician or a PRT coroner? I don't think the PRT runs funeral homes, but I guess it'd be pretty cool if they did.

Hmm, well, if we put on the devil's advocate's hat, considering her current mentality, aligning too much into the grimmer fairy tales might make Taylor be too much sidhe-like in keeping with her words (oaths).

She might ply nice boys and girls with pumpkin candies, and might be too vicious with her opponents... But perhaps might be too literal, if she sees a 'bad' children... Yum?

I'm hoping it starts out as that family friendly Nightmare Before Christmas shit, let people think we're horrific but "harmless", leading them into a false sense of security.

Then, like the worst viruses, suddenly shit goes from "Funny but scary" to "Holy Shit, What-have-we-done, what even the fuck is sanity"

I'm hoping this gets to the horrific level where everyone is slowly realizing that everything is 12x more fucked up than they thought, and not even their own mind is safe. And I, general I'm expecting this story to go from 1 - 10 in intensity real quick.

I mean, keep in mind, in Dead Space the hero of the story was also driven mad by the Markers. The best most reasonable and heroic person also literally had to be crazy to do it.

So, yeah, I am eagerly awaiting that glorious moment where everything takes a hard downward spiral into Dead Space town and everything that was once cute and fluffy is now rotten and whispering to you to kill yourself to make them Whole.

But hey, it's only a theory.

#3 is pretty spot-on, and to tell the truth was the original costume I considered as the default for this quest. A less sexy, more angry Lollipop Chainsaw... and the chainsaw is made out of her hand. Beating people with her own limbs is also pretty acceptable.

Leaving the vote open for a while, though from the looks of it #2 has a solid lead. I think people in general need to remember something about this thread, though...

Eventually, people will realize that this is a horror story, and will start remembering that for their votes. Until then, however, I think we can expect people to continue trying to be funny.

Eventually, people will realize that this is a horror story, and will start remembering that for their votes. Until then, however, I think we can expect people to continue trying to be funny.
I fully expect horror all over the place, I just want a thin veneer of sanity over it

[X]Costume #2. Looks, uh… happy meal. 'Wouldn't you like to see something strange?'
[X] Aegis

I'm sold on the costume, absolute horror for the win!

Pumpkin head is a bit of a turn off, but robe has so much potential that it might be worth it. Full body alteration beneath the robe before dropping it for maximum surprise tactics. Gives time to make more complex and time consuming modifications without the enemy having time to prepare. (Also, now I'm just sad we never went with Halloween for a cape name. Or similar. All Hallows Eve, or some such. Are those taken? I dunno.)
[X] Kid Win
Cause why not tinkers? No big preference on this front.

Last edited:
Oh I well remember what genre we're in. I've always had an affinity to Subverted Innocence, Psychological Horror, Stepford Smiler, Fair Folk so starting out with a veneer of normalcy is... great <3

It's why I'm so gleeful over people wanting to spend time with their favorite character, forgetting that the more time we spend with them,

the faster they go insane~

Well, shoot. Looking like Worst Costume is gaining momentum. Despite that it really seems like it fits this Taylor's personality the worst. How long before we get Glenn put down as a Master 4-8, given his apparent brainwashing of Taylor?

I think people chose it less for the way it looks kind of brighter and more for the possibility of unlimited flesh works.

Back