A World of Rules (IC)

"Yes, I healed you. It's no big deal." Lucindrah lowers her head and wipes the blood off of her fresh facial wound. She quietly says a prayer and heals it, tho it was too deep, and as the energy sizzles around the wound it leaves a permanent scar.

"I'll be a good girl, I promise. Please... let me up." The fae child stops struggling and lets herself go limp. She is bleeding from her shoulder and has bruises from hitting the floor so forcefully.

"This is kinda cruel, maybe she went crazy from being trapped alone in her cell. Can we let her up please? Little girl: what's your name?" Lucindrah walks closer and kneels. She touches the fae child and says another prayer:

"To mend a dangerous friendship let her see that her pain is only a lesson that she is not broken forever." And she began to heal the wounds suffered by the fae child.

"Yes, I healed you. It's no big deal." Lucindrah lowers her head and wipes the blood off of her fresh facial wound. She quietly says a prayer and heals it, tho it was too deep, and as the energy sizzles around the wound it leaves a permanent scar.

"I'll be a good girl, I promise. Please... let me up." The fae child stops struggling and lets herself go limp. She is bleeding from her shoulder and has bruises from hitting the floor so forcefully.

"This is kinda cruel, maybe she went crazy from being trapped alone in her cell. Can we let her up please? Little girl: what's your name?" Lucindrah walks closer and kneels. She touches the fae child and says another prayer:

"To mend a dangerous friendship let her see that her pain is only a lesson that she is not broken forever." And she began to heal the wounds suffered by the fae child.
Looking at female L with a look that just screams 'are ya fawkin serious'.

Either way, he sighs before letting her go and standing up, making sure she doesn't scratch him out of nowhere again. He might've not seen fae often, but nobody who attacks with joy should be trusted easily...

Not even him himself.

Looking at female L with a look that just screams 'are ya fawkin serious'.

Either way, he sighs before letting her go and standing up, making sure she doesn't scratch him out of nowhere again. He might've not seen fae often, but nobody who attacks with joy should be trusted easily...

Not even him himself.
"Thank you so much Good Sir." The little girl rolls over onto her side and lies on the floor for a little while before quickly jumping to her feet.

She awkwardly danced around the room, hiding her face by turning her back to Johnny and the male L, only looking at Lucindrah on occasion.

Luci doesn't seem to notice the importance of the look she just got. She maybe too trusting after all. She smiles and thanks Johnny too.

"My name is Kiamina, I stole the guard's lunch when I was starving and Meanie Queenie locked me up. I'm so, so, so sorry Mr. Shark Mouth. I would never wanna hurt you or your party." The little girl puts her hands together and looks up at Johnny innocently.

L giggles at something she said.

"Thank you so much Good Sir." The little girl rolls over onto her side and lies on the floor for a little while before quickly jumping to her feet.

She awkwardly danced around the room, hiding her face by turning her back to Johnny and the male L, only looking at Lucindrah on occasion.

Luci doesn't seem to notice the importance of the look she just got. She maybe too trusting after all. She smiles and thanks Johnny too.

"My name is Kiamina, I stole the guard's lunch when I was starving and Meanie Queenie locked me up. I'm so, so, so sorry Mr. Shark Mouth. I would never wanna hurt you or your party." The little girl puts her hands together and looks up at Johnny innocently.

L giggles at something she said.

He just stared at that Incredulously, and then Sighs. "Alright Kiamina, if that is your real name, I don't trust you well enough on your word alone, so here's what I want you to do before I can trust you not to stab us in the back. I want you to swear, on what I don't know, but most preferably your life as I know how you Fae get when under the rules of others, I want you to swear that you won't attack us and that you'll let us know about anything that can hurt us while you travel with us." Leo said as he remembers that Fae have this weird fixation on deals, laws, and promises/swears, and using that to his advantage.

He just stared at that Incredulously, and then Sighs. "Alright Kiamina, if that is your real name, I don't trust you well enough on your word alone, so here's what I want you to do before I can trust you not to stab us in the back. I want you to swear, on what I don't know, but most preferably your life as I know how you Fae get when under the rules of others, I want you to swear that you won't attack us and that you'll let us know about anything that can hurt us while you travel with us." Leo said as he remembers that Fae have this weird fixation on deals, laws, and promises/swears, and using that to his advantage.
Kiamina gets a serious look and turns to face Leo. She mumbles something beneath her breath, going over his words and trying to determine if this was the best deal she could make. He seems to have succeeded in getting her to fixate on making this a contract.

"I promise, on my very life, that I'll not attack you again. And by the way: There's a black dragon in the moat outside. I heard it getting very angry last night. That maybe why our cell doors all flew open... and in here, there are some abandoned like, um 'automatons' that were guards, they're still active." Kiamina says.

Lucindrah looks concerned.

"Shall... we continue on then? It sounds like this prison still has active defenses. And I'm missing my self-defense weapon, it was taken when I came in." L says.

Kiamina gets a serious look and turns to face Leo. She mumbles something beneath her breath, going over his words and trying to determine if this was the best deal she could make. He seems to have succeeded in getting her to fixate on making this a contract.

"I promise, on my very life, that I'll not attack you again. And by the way: There's a black dragon in the moat outside. I heard it getting very angry last night. That maybe why our cell doors all flew open... and in here, there are some abandoned like, um 'automatons' that were guards, they're still active." Kiamina says.

Lucindrah looks concerned.

"Shall... we continue on then? It sounds like this prison still has active defenses. And I'm missing my self-defense weapon, it was taken when I came in." L says.

"I'm Content, let's go, maybe I can grab my guitar while we work on escaping." He said as he relaxed a bit, thinking about how now the the Fae won't break her promise that they have one less threat to deal with, and then he thinks about the other active defenses.. "Also let's try to find a way around the dragon,"

"I'm Content, let's go, maybe I can grab my guitar while we work on escaping." He said as he relaxed a bit, thinking about how now the the Fae won't break her promise that they have one less threat to deal with, and then he thinks about the other active defenses.. "Also let's try to find a way around the dragon,"
Lucindrah nods and laughs in a friendly way, she seems to enjoy this man's style.

Kiamina plays around with one of her long pigtails and falls into line behind Lucindrah. L leads them on thru the prison complex. It's completely empty when from just a little while prior there were humans, fae, elves and other staff and even prisoners in here. L keeps her expression calm tho it disturbs her that 'Meanie Queenie' could be so strange as to throw away an entire castle... as a slave she thought a castle would be a perfect place to live.

Falling into the shadows as she heard heavy footsteps. An automaton, a metal human-looking construction, was stomping down the hallways tirelessly patrolling. It had some kind of faerie light in its eyes.

"Prisoners must return to their cells. Do not resist." It droned. It seemed to look towards where L was hiding, she had no way to disable it, tho Kiamina quickly jumps in and tries her claw trick slashing at its kneecaps.

Lucindrah nods and laughs in a friendly way, she seems to enjoy this man's style.

Kiamina plays around with one of her long pigtails and falls into line behind Lucindrah. L leads them on thru the prison complex. It's completely empty when from just a little while prior there were humans, fae, elves and other staff and even prisoners in here. L keeps her expression calm tho it disturbs her that 'Meanie Queenie' could be so strange as to throw away an entire castle... as a slave she thought a castle would be a perfect place to live.

Falling into the shadows as she heard heavy footsteps. An automaton, a metal human-looking construction, was stomping down the hallways tirelessly patrolling. It had some kind of faerie light in its eyes.

"Prisoners must return to their cells. Do not resist." It droned. It seemed to look towards where L was hiding, she had no way to disable it, tho Kiamina quickly jumps in and tries her claw trick slashing at its kneecaps.
Lowering his body, Johnny just runs at it, before jumping at the last second into it to add more force to try and knock it over.

He's not even gonna try to keep it pinned, the moment it's down, he's running past it yelling to move.

Lowering his body, Johnny just runs at it, before jumping at the last second into it to add more force to try and knock it over.

He's not even gonna try to keep it pinned, the moment it's down, he's running past it yelling to move.
The automaton is wobbling unsteadily from the slashing, the claws don't pierce its 'skin' tho it was done with enough force to make it unsteady, then Johnny knocks it over.

"Warning: Prisoners must comply. Do not resist." It droned on the ground.

Kiamina giggles and runs around it, L follows her. They get down the hallway and find a door. Inside the door is a large room with 'cubicles' where there are boxes with their belongings stored. It was difficult to determine whose belongings they were at first really, tho Lucindrah can tell what they are by just looking thru the open tops, and points to the boxes.

"Looks like here's where they kept our things. I'm gonna look around and see if they wrote down where my knife and L's guitar was so we don't have to s--" She spots a clipboard on a desk by the door exiting the room.

"Perfect." She smiles evilly and reads the clipboard. She points to the appropriate boxes.

The automaton is wobbling unsteadily from the slashing, the claws don't pierce its 'skin' tho it was done with enough force to make it unsteady, then Johnny knocks it over.

Kiamina giggles and runs around it, L follows her. They get down the hallway and find a door. Inside the door is a large room with 'cubicles' where there are boxes with their belongings stored. It was difficult to determine whose belongings they were at first really, tho Lucindrah can tell what they are by just looking thru the open tops, and points to the boxes.

"Looks like here's where they kept our things. I'm gonna look around and see if they wrote down where my knife and L's guitar was so we don't have to s--" She spots a clipboard on a desk by the door exiting the room.

"Perfect." She smiles evilly and reads the clipboard. She points to the appropriate boxes.
Reaching over and taking the clipboard, Johnny sees where his scimitars were kept and gives it back before heading over to a cubicle and picks out a large box.

Breaking it open, he pulls out two scimitars that he calls multi-purpose tools of destruction. Works fine on people, but can also bite a hole into ships if needed. And he grins with glee that his favorite weapons still have their teeth still sharp to bite others.

He heads over to his box, grabs his guitar and heads back to L. "Any other items in there that'll be useful for our trek through the place?"

Lucindrah retrieves her dagger. She slips it into her top. She considers as she walks back to the clipboard and looks through the stored items.

"Well, if we can't avoid the dragon, somebody apparently tried to smuggle some homemade explosives in here. There are a lot of weapons: Sharp ones, blunt ones, staves, bows and arrows... 'cause most people are armed in this world, you know, and in a prison it's even likelier. Um, I don't wanna carry a bunch of stuff, tho if you guys wanna arm ourselves even more then we can. If not we should move on 'cause the rest of these items wouldn't help us." L says.

"Why do the guards take everything that's yours when you come in? That's not fair." Kiamina asks.

"Because they fear that you'll hurt them or something, they tell you they're protecting you tho." Lucindrah says.

Lucindrah retrieves her dagger. She slips it into her top. She considers as she walks back to the clipboard and looks through the stored items.

"Well, if we can't avoid the dragon, somebody apparently tried to smuggle some homemade explosives in here. There are a lot of weapons: Sharp ones, blunt ones, staves, bows and arrows... 'cause most people are armed in this world, you know, and in a prison it's even likelier. Um, I don't wanna carry a bunch of stuff, tho if you guys wanna arm ourselves even more then we can. If not we should move on 'cause the rest of these items wouldn't help us." L says.

"Why do the guards take everything that's yours when you come in? That's not fair." Kiamina asks.

"Because they fear that you'll hurt them or something, they tell you they're protecting you tho." Lucindrah says.

"Right I'll grab some explosives then. where are they?"

Shrugging, Johnny takes a cursory look over the clipboard before just shaking his head.

"Nothin of real need 'ere. And what she means is they too afraid of people bein able to throw a tussle gainst em. So ey take away ya stuff so you can't."

Last edited:
"Right I'll grab some explosives then. where are they?"
"Over here." She walks over to the shelf on the far side of the room and gets on tiptoes to try to grab the box for him. It falls on her instead.

"Ow. Ahaha." L giggles as the explosives, chemicals in sealed canisters, fall all over her.

Shrugging, Johnny takes a cursory look over the clipboard before just shaking his head.

"Nothin of real need 'ere. And what she means is they too afraid of people bein able to throw a tussle gainst em."
Kiamina considers what Johnny says.

"They should be afraid. The guards weren't nice to me on the way in and twisted my arms." She says bitterly.

Lucindrah gives her a sad look, she can't believe they'd do that to a child.

"Over here." She walks over to the shelf on the far side of the room and gets on tiptoes to try to grab the box for him. It falls on her instead.

"Ow. Ahaha." L giggles as the explosives, chemicals in sealed canisters, fall all over her.

"Don't laugh, those are dangerous things." He said as he approached the containers and grabbed them, pocketing them for later use.

"Don't laugh, those are dangerous things." He said as he approached the containers and grabbed them, pocketing them for later use.
"R-Right. Sorry. So, if I remember right, the stuff in there is activated by heat. How did I know that? Because the guards left notes." She said flatly, trying not to let out her humor at this one. She gets up and begins walking towards the exit.

"Kia, do you know how far we are from the exit to the prison, you seem more knowledgeable about what goes on here than me?" L asks.

"We're not far. Maybe a few more hallways. Next up is where they keep the suicidal prisoners." Kiamina says as Lucindrah opens the exit door for her. It leads into a hallway of isolated cells painted with 'calming blue walls,' each one intended to keep a prisoner completely by themselves. Another patrolling automaton is coming down the hallway. This one looks feminine and moves faster, aiming a gun-like device at L, threatening her to 'Stand down and stop resisting.' L gets kinda terrified.

Kiamina giggles and runs at the robot as fast as she can go, moving behind her and slashing at her back, causing her to shoot the gun at the wall instead. It breaks off a piece and Lucindrah has to dodge, preparing to heal Kiamina.

Last edited:
"We're not far. Maybe a few more hallways. Next up is where they keep the suicidal prisoners." Kiamina says as Lucindrah opens the exit door for her. It leads into a hallway of isolated cells painted with 'calming blue walls,' each one intended to keep a prisoner completely by themselves. Another patrolling automaton is coming down the hallway. This one looks feminine and moves faster, aiming a gun-like device at L, threatening her to 'Stand down and stop resisting.' L gets kinda terrified.

Leo sees L get scared and well pull his small crossbow and shoots a bot at the automation, getting ready to run once it fires at him in retaliation.

Leo sees L get scared and well pull his small crossbow and shoots a bot at the automation, getting ready to run once it fires at him in retaliation.
The automaton gets a bolt stuck in the side of its neck. Electricity sizzles and wires are exposed. It turns around and fires three times at him. It seems to be deranged from the damages.

"You will comply! Stand down. Cease hostilities, you won't be harmed." The automaton drones angrily, L is reminded of how three huge guys were wrestling with her and demanding the exact same things, then she hears somebody calling to her from one of the cells.

"Does anybody hear that?" She looks around and prepares to heal Leo in case he gets shot, he'd really need it then.

The automaton gets a bolt stuck in the side of its neck. Electricity sizzles and wires are exposed. It turns around and fires three times at him. It seems to be deranged from the damages.

"You will comply! Stand down. Cease hostilities, you won't be harmed." The automaton drones angrily, L is reminded of how three huge guys were wrestling with her and demanding the exact same things, then she hears somebody calling to her from one of the cells.

"Does anybody hear that?" She looks around and prepares to heal Leo in case he gets shot, he'd really need it then.
Hearing as well, Johnny stands a few steps away from the cells before looking inside of it with a grin that truly shows his path of a pirate lord.

"Whatta ya want?"

Hearing as well, Johnny stands a few steps away from the cells before looking inside of it with a grin that truly shows his path of a pirate lord.

"Whatta ya want?"
A skinny human girl with stringy hair is sitting in a pool of her own blood. She seems to have cut herself and thought better about it.

"P-Please, I'm dying, can any of you help me?" She pleads, shivering and trying to stop the blood coming out of her wrist with her hand.

"I can help, hold on." L rushes over and has to dive after the female automaton shoots at her, she begins healing the woman's wounds. The female automaton shoots twice at Johnny while his back is turned and then makes a wailing sound to attract her friends to help out. Another automaton begins stomping down the hallway toward them. This one is armed with a huge club.

A skinny human girl with stringy hair is sitting in a pool of her own blood. She seems to have cut herself and thought better about it.

"P-Please, I'm dying, can any of you help me?" She pleads, shivering and trying to stop the blood coming out of her wrist with her hand.

"I can help, hold on." L rushes over and has to dive after the female automaton shoots at her, she begins healing the woman's wounds. The female automaton shoots twice at Johnny while his back is turned and then makes a wailing sound to attract her friends to help out. Another automaton begins stomping down the hallway toward them. This one is armed with a huge club.
Johnny physically lurches forward from the shots, before with an angry swing, digging right into it before he forcefully twists and pulls it out, effectively gutting whatever is inside of it as well as tearing a bigger hole inside.

And then he's going to engage the other automaton, and despite his berzerker appearance, he prefers fighting with plenty of finesse backing his strength up. More specifically, he's gonna swing one blade in counter of that club to dig in before wrenching it elsewhere to strike with his other blade.

He get's to the floor after the first shot was fired and returned another one.

Johnny physically lurches forward from the shots, before with an angry swing, digging right into it before he forcefully twists and pulls it out, effectively gutting whatever is inside of it as well as tearing a bigger hole inside.

And then he's going to engage the other automaton, and despite his berzerker appearance, he prefers fighting with plenty of finesse backing his strength up. More specifically, he's gonna swing one blade in counter of that club to dig in before wrenching it elsewhere to strike with his other blade.
The female automaton defends herself with her arm, which loses her an arm tho saves her core from being destroyed. She shoots again at Johnny while he's engaged with her friend, then Kiamina rushes up and finishes the job, slicing at her leg and causing her to fall down.

The male automaton swings its club at Johnny's head and the blade catches his weapon. He then gets his club cut in half and receives a wound in his core, which disables him.

He get's to the floor after the first shot was fired and returned another one.
Since the female automaton is on the floor she's easy prey. Her head is struck and she fizzles out, dying.

L is busily healing the dying woman's wounds and then the job is done after an excruciating process for both of them. The woman has scars on her wrist tho she seems stabilized.

"Thank--Thank you." She gasps.

"I have to help my friends, okay?" L doesn't wanna leave this woman tho she thought she heard Johnny get shot. She turns around and calls out:

"Is everyone okay?" Lucindrah asks L and Johnny.

She shoots again at Johnny while he's engaged with her friend, then Kiamina rushes up and finishes the job, slicing at her leg and causing her to fall down.
Grunting from the additional shot, Johnny let's adrenaline take the wheel and continues to handle the other automaton.
"Is everyone okay?" Lucindrah asks L and Johnny.
Bleeding from multiple wounds, Johnny just stares at her with a casual face.

"Whadda ya think lassie?" He doesn't flinch from the wounds but they shouldn't be ignored.

Back